The Color of Friendship - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Color of Friendship Reviews

½ December 14, 2008
My favorite of the disney channel movies.
March 5, 2007
Beautiful.
February 21, 2014
I remember my mom renting this when I first asked her about racism. I didn't see the significance then, but I saw this on TV again last night and was reminded about what an amazing movie this was and the lesson it taught.
December 29, 2009
The Color of Friendship looks nice on the outside but the characters aren't nearly as interesting as they appear to be.
February 22, 2009
One of the better disney channel movies. They don't play it very often anymore, but if it's on and theres nothing better to do it'll give you something to watch. I liked the whole idea of it, and I liked how the friendship got better and better even though they were from completely different backgrounds.
January 31, 2008
disney doesn't show this movie anymore either. this was the first movie where i learned that africans are white too. haha. but the movie was a little.. not too developed enough for me i guess.
January 29, 2008
This may not be saying much, but it was the best Disney Channel movie ever made. This movie centered around South Africa's apartheid system, and it was a great message to send to kids.
June 22, 2007
I love this movie however it really brings out what it was like to live way back then but then I didn't like when America and South Africa tries to pull these two friends apart! I found myself crying at that part
½ May 29, 2007
i like that movie.............it is a very good movie i have watch it on disneychannel but i dont have the dvd
April 1, 2007
Wasnt the best original channel movie. They tried to hard to get this movie to work. However, I think this movie hit some people.
February 4, 2007
Some unrealistic things about the 70s, but a very good movie about racism. Everyone should watch it, especially racists.
½ May 18, 2006
Remebering old movies i was either forced to watch with my retarded(not literally)cousins or watched because iwas too lazy to change the channel.Disney has some really crappy ideas for their tv movies...

[b]Zenon:Girl of The 21st Century[/b] & [b]Zenon:The Sequel[/b]
As if Kristen Storm's acting wasn't bad enough, I got such a headache trying to grasp the concept of the weird "future" teen lingo-it really took away from the little,if any,coherent writing this movie had. The Sequel was a little better as far as writing and acting went, but not much. if youre a big Duff fan, 12, and still play with barbies, you'd enjoy these movies.

[b]Color of Friendship[/b]
I heard this movie won a few awards so i decided to check it out. It's based on true events, but judging by the dialouge, I doubt the characters really spoke like that.The cast is bearable, and with a little more TLC could have been a better film.

[b]Seventeen Again[/b]
One of the most retarded premises I've ever seen in a movie. Don't even waste your time-these kids should have gotten the hollywood boot after the thrid season of [i]Sister/Sister.[/i]

Wait, what the hell am I doing, any season of [i]Sister/sister![/i]
[i]:up: :down: [/i]
½ February 12, 2010
A touching drama about unlikely friends who overcome their biases. (First viewing - Teen years)
February 11, 2016
An emotional movie about black and white coming together!
½ November 21, 2014
for 2000:

truly this is a rare treasure from the Disney Channel
it's a big risk considering the story takes place in the 70's and racial discrimination is still present in society
but it's an amazing feat watching these two girls from different worlds learn the true meaning of understanding, friendship, and love no matter what color they are
it's very insightful, educational, socially and culturally relevant, quite the extraordinary true story of integration
racism is still around and it has to stop
this movie from DC makes that pretty clear with bravery and sincerity
July 16, 2014
It has a good message, due for a remake.
April 30, 2014
Unfortunately, the accents, the score and the poor acting are as naive as the young characters it portrays. The "South African" lead is American and never has your television seen a more atrocious attempt at an even recognisably South African accent, even Oscar-less Leonardo di Caprio was more fruitful in his endeavours. It is as offensive as the sort of bigotry the film attempts to expose, to cast the South African maid as a generic African, without any consideration for the regional particulars of KwaZulu Natal or South Africa as a whole, thereby reinforcing the idea that all Africans are the same. A possibly well-intentioned exercise in Western ignorance.
February 21, 2014
February 5, 2014
Best movie on earth, sadly it is nearly impossible to buy on DVD even VHS :(
½ June 11, 2013
This movie shows that racism will never win!