—— The Identical Sep 05

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Color of Justice Reviews

August 2, 2013
An excellent film about the obstacles to achieving justice, especially given political and societal pressures, the glare of the media and everyone involved's private selfish agendas. A good cast and script bring this film to life in a way that tries to show everyone's view fairly. A good watch.
December 22, 2012
This film was over 1 and a half hours of pure over dramatized situations and undeniably "black and white" portrayal's. Since the whole movie was based upon a murder trial, in which 4 teenagers are accused of killing a white woman, you'd think it would focus on the trial but not exactly. Take the multiracial reporter getting racist remarks from her boss, A soap box black reverend looking for nothing more than to stick his name on a big story involving racism, a bereaved husband repressing anger and sadness, and the prosecutors and Defense council's constant doubt throughout. All culminating to a terribly over dramatic and cynical ending, that only leaves the viewer with one thought. "The real world sucks and so does the legal system." As if we hadn't already figured that out by the many courtroom dramas over the entire course of film history. In summary, an hour and a half long film capitalizing on racism, 1 dimensional characters, cynical morals, and terribly flaccid story telling.
October 23, 2012
This is probably the best movie I've ever seen to address and focus on the idea of urban racial tensions in the USA. It did an amazing job at showing how both sides were right and wrong all at the same time. It also showed how dangerous a situation it was in how no matter how hard you tried you couldn't escape it turning into a racial issue. One person starts it, the media grabs it, someone else blows it out. The movie gripped me and made me want to just sit, watch it and every now and then yell at the characters. The only problem with the movie, which this is a rare case where it isn't really a problem, is that it's predictable, very much so, for much of the film. Other than that, it was wonderful and the best movie I've seen on the subject.
September 7, 2012
Although a bit dated, I enjoyed this movie a lot. Very good ensemble acting with F. Murry Abraham, Gregory Hines and Judd Hirsch, as well as many others. The plot was engaging and had a thought provoking ending. Tried to address a lot of issues relevant in the 1990s, as also developed in Bonfires of the Vanity (the book), and did in an interesting way. I recommend, just enjoy the show, don't try to read to much into it.
Ford P.
June 7, 2012
Someone's agenda disguised as a movie. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this complete waste of time. F. Prefect