The top The Color of Money quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Eddie Felson: You gotta have two things to win. You gotta have brains and you gotta have balls. Now, you got too much of one and not enough of the other.
- Eddie Felson: Do you smell that?
- Vincent Lauria: Smoke?
- Carmen: No, Money.
- Grady Seasons: It's like a nightmare, isn't it? It just keeps getting worse and worse.
- Eddie Felson: Straight pool is pool.
This is like handball...or cribbage or something.
Straight pool you got to be a real surgeon...to get it--
You know, it's all finesse.
Now everything is nine ball because it's fast...good for TV...good for a lot of break shots.
What the hell.
Checkers sells more than chess.
- Eddie Felson: You got to be a student...of human moves.
See, all the greats that I know of...were students of human moves.
- Eddie Felson: You're some piece of work.
You're also a natural character.
- Vincent Lauria: I've been telling her that.
I got natural character.
- Eddie Felson: That's not what I said, kid.
I said you are a natural character.
You're an incredible flake.
But that's a gift.
Guys spend half their lives inventing that.
- Eddie Felson: If you got an area of excellence...
you're the best at something, anything...
then rich can be arranged.
Rich can come fairly easy.
- Carmen: Vincent,
you win one more game...
you're gonna be humping
your fist for a long time.
- Eddie Felson: Hey, I'm back.
- Eddie Felson: Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.