Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner Reviews

½ March 6, 2014
Of all the Roasts that I have seen, the William Shatner Roast is one of the best funniest. Here the roasters are an impressive bunch that each brings something great to the event. Every roaster is great, and they really are crude, in their jokes, but it's part of the fun, and it makes it that much more hilarious. This is your standard roast, and every roaster brings something memorable by saying some truly hilarious jokes. I enjoyed every roaster, and of all the Comedy Central Roasts, this is one of the most memorable ones. Is it perfect, it isn't, but it definitely is a lot of fun from start to finish. I've never been a Shatner fan, and it was hilarious to watch him getting insulted and roasted. Some of the roasters are downright brutal, and that's what makes this one of the best roasts that I've seen. If you're looking for one of funniest roasts, then this is the one to watch. The jokes are great, and vulgar, but you're able to appreciate the humor because Shatner in the end takes it in stride. Fans of roasts will surely enjoy this one as much as I have and it is one that shouldn't be missed. Roasts are great because you get to see celebrities that are quite popular be the butt of jokes for a length of time. This is a fine roast that features great bits and they're all hilarious. Definitely worth seeing if you enjoy this type of humor. Along with the roast of Bob Saget, the Shatner roast stands out among the funniest ones in recent memory.
January 25, 2008
Funny stuff! Lots of gay jokes at the expense of Andy Dick and George Takei. Nichelle Nicholls is hiliarious. Fun. Not too nasty. I wish Leonard Nimoy was around for more of it.
July 23, 2007
I'm no fan of William Shatner in particular, but that didn't stop me from thouroughly enjoying this great comedy special. With the appearance of some of the best comedians alive and a giant bag full of laugh-out-loud-funny jokes, I haven't had this much fun since I saw the Borat movie. I'm still laughing to myself as I write this review, it was just that hilarious :-D
November 6, 2009
It didnt suck. I hate Shatner with a passion, so I was stuck between never wanting to see it & seeing people belittle him infront of a crowd. In the end, it was watchable. Funny at times, shocking at others, but overall, not amazing. But in my mind, that probably has more to do with the dull cast assembled & the even duller target of their alleged wit.
August 15, 2010
This isn't a movie, it's a Comedy Central special. Why does Flixster include this stuff??????!!!! All celebrity roasts these days include two things: Lisa Lampanelli dropping more F-bombs than the Allies did durin WW2 and Adam Corolla/Jimmy Kimmel making lots of dumb jokes.
December 31, 2008
Roasts have come a long way from the Dean Martin affairs of yore. Now they just see how crude they can get. Has some good bit, but counter balanced with some god-awful ones.
½ May 24, 2007
This would only be three stars, except all the jokes about "Sulu in the closet" make it amazingly funny. If you even know a little about Shatner, you definitely want to see this one.
July 15, 2014
One of the best roasts. Some genius shit in here
½ August 10, 2012
I love Bill Shatner, but this was only 15% about him. The rest of it was extremely crude jokes about other celebrities by unknown, unfunny comedians.
April 1, 2012
Made me laugh harder than any of the others, and featured quite a great cast of roasters.
½ September 5, 2011
Extremely entertaining, only if you know who the guests and celebrities are. If you've watched a decent amount of media, you should see this.