Comic-Con 2006: Kurt Russell Enters the Grind House

Saturday at Comic-Con, it was announced that Kurt Russell had just inked a deal to start in Grindhouse. The Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez double-feature has drawn considerable interest from horror enthusiasts.

Russell is set to start in Tarantino's story, "Death Proof," as Stunt Man Mike. Often a bad-ass, but rarely a villain, Russell is the slasher of the flick, which should allow him to show a darker side.

This is an excerpt from an article written by Hilary Goldstein at FilmForce.com. Click here to read the complete article.

Comments

CrazyGhost78

CrazyGhost78 CrazyGhost78

In my opinion both Tarantino and Rodriguez are talented but WAY overrated, so I'm only semi looking forward to this one, but I worship Kurt Russel, so that boosts my anticipation quite a bit.

Jul 22 - 04:53 PM

Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

They swapped out Mickey Rourke for Kurt Russell? Now that's an upgrade. Cannot WAIT to see Russell playing a psycho killer. Good for you, Kurt.

Jul 22 - 05:43 PM

themovie411

Justin Oliver

i have to say that this film is gonna totally rock! QT is a cinematic/creative genius and RR is definately gaining stature as a go to guy in hollywood. its about time horror fans get something to truly sink their teeth into. As for the rourke for russell swap, i cant say that im happy because rourke is the man and he would have made a killer (no pun intended) stuntman mike, but I have been a K-Russ (lol) fan since him and the goldie in Overboard. it'll be saaaawwwweeeeeeeeet to see K-Russ rockin the dark, slasher role. check out my movie site @ www.themovie411.blogspot.com

Jul 22 - 06:16 PM

Master King Sexington

Tyler Jones

I wouldn't say an upgrade but I'm definately looking forward to this one. I just hope it doesn't turn out like Dusk til Dawn, which was only half good. But they're my favorite filmakers so I'm there at the 12 0'clock showing for this one.

Jul 22 - 07:50 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

I feel like Russel is a good actor that just gets a lot of bad scripts. I look forward to him doing something interesting. Go Kurt.

Jul 22 - 11:24 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I would have preferred Rourke.

Jul 23 - 11:15 AM

JoeMovieTack

Joe Russo

Nah this is kick ass news......Tarantino sounded pumped. You can read more about it in my most recent journal entry [URL="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/journal_view.php?s=&journalid=266221&action=view&view=public#346757"] By clicking here [/URL]

Jul 23 - 11:29 AM

Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

I've been a big Kurt Russell fan since I was just a teeny tiny geeklet. I love the guy. But, aside from Snake Plissken, he doesn't do a whole lot of "dark" characters. Like "lunatic madman slasher" dark. Rourke's a fine actor (underrated, even), but the idea of Kurt Russell as a serial killer? Pure gold.

Jul 23 - 01:19 PM

mestomano

First Last

the trailer was fun. sorry to movie411, but it doesn't look like horror, more like dark comedy. rose mcgowan with a machine gun for her leg. haha.

Jul 24 - 01:55 AM

unavolpe

jim moore

Kurt Russel kicks 10 asses for each ass kicked by chuck norris. This is an excellent development...

Nov 7 - 05:10 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup