Who's Up for Six More Narnia Movies?

One producer has a master plan.

If Narnia producer Douglas Gresham has his way, there will be seven big-screen adaptations to match the books before Disney and Walden Media are through with the property -- provided, of course, the audience still shows up each time.

But hey, the Potter flicks make huge bank every time out, so why can't the Narnia movies? (I won't make any further comparisons, as I've seen only one of the Narnia movies, and it really didn't impress me all that much.) According to IGN Movies, Mr. Gresham told a Comic Con crowd that production on Narnia 2 (Prince Caspian) could wrap with a month -- and also that production on Part 3 (Voyage of the Dawn Treader) could begin as early as next February.

And as far as those future plans are concerned, here's what the producer had to say: "Are we going to make all seven of them? As long as you keep embracing these movies as you did the first one, we will make all seven ... Our goal is to give you one every year in May starting from this coming May." So there you have it: The whole series in movie form. Enjoy.

Source: IGN Movies

Comments

Erdrickgr

Justin Kissel

I enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia books when I was a kid. I still pick one up every once in a while, even at 28 years old (and now an atheist). However, I have to admit that I found the first movie attempt to be pretty boring, and excepting "The Last Battle," and perhaps "Voyage of the Dawn Treader," I can't see the other movies having much of a chance to be better.

Jul 30 - 03:05 AM

TortillaSoup

Richard Fernandez

Really not necessary. The first one wasn't all that great.

Jul 30 - 03:06 AM

Simsgil

Bob Gilbert

I just finished reading "A Horse and His Boy," and I can't see that making a very interesting picture. I've read Narnia dozens of times (to my students) and loved it, but HaHB was pretty dull reading.

Jul 30 - 04:40 AM

Hot_Soup

Matt PEEEEENISSSSS

"A Horse and his Boy" was my favorite, followed closely by "Dawn Treader" followed closely by "The Magicians Nephew" then "Lion, Witch, Wardrobe" then "Last Battle" then "Prince Caspian" and ending with "The Silver Chair" I can't even remember the plot of "The Silver Chair" and I re-read all the books 2 years or so ago.

Jul 30 - 08:53 PM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

Can't we say that about the first Potter movie? Not that impressive either.

Jul 30 - 05:48 AM

homeimp

Rob Wills

Actually the first two HP movies were both superior to the last three, as all true Harry Potter fans know. I didn't think the first Narnia movie would turn out as well as it did. With a lot of careful attention to uping the excitement quotient while respecting the author's intentions and the storyline, the other Narnia films could be made. But it would be a major task.

Jul 30 - 09:28 AM

7pointedstar

Ryan Haddock

That's funny. I'm a "true Harry Potter fan," and my favorite movie was the Prisoner of Azkaban, followed closely by Order of the Phoenix. Sure, the first two stuck more closely to the books, but the last three have all been better movies. Unlike most other "true Harry Potter fans," I suspect, I can actually differentiate between media. A book is a book. A movie is a movie. I've already read the book.

As far as the Narnia sequels go, I'm all for them. Though I'll second the person who said they couldn't see A Horse And His Boy being a very good movie. It would probably be a bit boring, to be honest. I can't wait to see The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader, though. Such a wonderful story.

Jul 30 - 10:11 AM

haelohm

Sean Collen

exactly!! thats what i believe as well...book and movie are such different mediums and you have to be able make sacrifices for each...in my opinion the Order of the Phoenix is the best movie thus far...but im pretty sure HBP and DH will have no problem taking the crowns as best of the series!

Jul 30 - 11:52 AM

skankndaddy

J. Ricks

narnia was a lame movie, not matter how hard to try to say otherwise

Jul 30 - 06:28 PM

bookworm1994

Dillon James

Agree. Potter One didn't impress but just look at how many they're cranking out.

Jul 30 - 10:42 AM

Infernal

Danny Sybrenson

Most would disagree with that.

The first Harry Potter received splendid reviews from both critics AND the public. Just take a look at the user's section.

Come to think of it, all the Harry Potter films have received at least pretty good reviews.

So don't speak for everyone, bud.

Jul 30 - 01:30 PM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

keep on saying its a story of jesus...and it'll sell. thats what turned me off the first one, so many churches gathering to go in groups to see it. never seen the first(looked too kiddy as well)...probably won't be seeing the bajillion sequels either.

Jul 30 - 06:09 AM

smartmoviekid

jonathan ramirez

ugh....i don't think its all that useful 4 seven films altogether the 1'st one had nice special effects but was tedious and dragged on (the last battle in Nernia was very boring and unsatisfactory compared to other big battle sequences)

Jul 30 - 06:32 AM

LJPlayer69

Jose Manuel

ME!!!

A very needed 'epic' movie for families to enjoy, regardless of what people think...

Jul 30 - 06:38 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

I'd like to see them get made. If they can make sequels to American Pie, Fantastic Four and Hulk there is no reason they can't make them about The Chronicles of Narnia.

Jul 30 - 06:49 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

I'm up for most of them, but I'm not sure if The Magician's Nephew will translate well to screen. Still, I'm willing to give them all a chance :)

Jul 30 - 07:42 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Pass.

Jul 30 - 07:44 AM

LowBalls

Django Reinhardt

Uuuuugh. More annoying British kids.

Jul 30 - 08:13 AM

ryanparrish1986

Ryan Parrish

'Uuuuugh. More annoying British kids.'

your an idiot

Jul 31 - 04:33 AM

liono86

william ward

THE MOVIE WAS PG! So, don't expect some final battle like in LOTR. Also, I loved the movie and never read any of the books. I say, keep bringing them on. Much better than those Harry Potter travesties.

Jul 30 - 09:23 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

The first Narnia film was nothing special but I did enjoy the books as a child. I think the sequels will be better because they have budgets now (thanks to the success of the first) and hopefully the director will do better with his second attempt at the live action film/series.

side note: yes the story is an allegory to Christ's sacrifice but it dosn't beat you over the head with anything so stop complaining.

Jul 30 - 09:25 AM

skankndaddy

J. Ricks

narnia was a lame movie, not matter how hard to try to say otherwise

Jul 30 - 06:28 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

I'm not even up for 1 more Narnia flick, the first one was lame as hell, and I can't see the story getting any better.

Jul 30 - 09:36 AM

skunama

Corrie Bach

nathanpoitras- What are you talking about the story getting better... it's not like the harry potter books they are different stories... if you don't know what you are talking about don't comment... please!

Jan 12 - 02:59 AM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

Not too interested here either, but I would rather see a Narnia sequel than an Eragon sequel.

Jul 30 - 09:44 AM

Brandon Wood

Brandon Wood

I actually think they should stop making the 'Narnia' films. They woun't be as good as the Lord of the Rings trilogy or Harry Potter franchise. If they continue making the 'Narnia' series, I think it will be 'Police Academy' all over again.

Jul 30 - 10:01 AM

skunama

Corrie Bach

Police Academy do you smoke crack as a hobby or is it common practice for you? Don't be such a retard! When you make comments like that it discredits anything you write!

Jan 12 - 03:02 AM

7pointedstar

Ryan Haddock

Jul 30 - 10:11 AM

haelohm

Sean Collen

Jul 30 - 11:52 AM

bookworm1994

Dillon James

Jul 30 - 10:42 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

If they are all good, bring em on.

I was also not impressed with the first potter film. The only one I was impressed with was the 3rd.

Jul 30 - 10:51 AM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>