Comic-Con Premieres New Futurama Footage; Plus, We Interview Futurama's Rich Moore

Summary

Futurama fans were treated well at Comic-Con this year. Not only did Matt Groening and Co. assemble for an amusing and informative panel, but Rotten Tomatoes spoke in-depth with Rich Moore, supervising director of Futurama, about his work on The Simpsons Movie and the upcoming Futurama flick. (He also revealed the next three movie titles...read on for more!) Back to Article

Comments

Illusionator

Nick Sidener

all kinds of awesome

Jul 30 - 07:21 PM

CannibalPenguins

Jaja Jaja

CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY!

Jul 30 - 07:47 PM

kfarschman

Kurt Farschman

"Good news everyone" (in the Professor's voice.)

I freakin love Futurama. The Simpsons are good, but Futurama is like Illusionator said, "all kinds of awesome". Way better in my book.

Jul 30 - 07:50 PM

Elixir

Birdy Man

bring this back and keep it back! best cartoon, it was overtaking the simpsons towards its final days.

Jul 30 - 08:07 PM

Scarborough Fair

Kyle Beaudette

Whoahs! This is greats news everyones.

Jul 30 - 08:51 PM

Paul_Is_Drunk

Paul Andersen

I concur.

Jul 30 - 09:24 PM

Bender

Albert Ibarra

There is a god...

Jul 30 - 09:52 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Woo-Hoo!!

..oh wait, wrong series :)

Awesome news regardless, hopefully Futurama can avoid the pitfall Family Guy seems to have fallen into.

Jul 30 - 11:31 PM

CoUcH ToMaToE DoUgIe

Shawn Amoroso

lets all put magnets on bender and he can sing us a folk song we'll jam to. Let us all thank and or bite MATT GROENING and David X. Cohen'S SHINY METAL ***, this show was awesome and thank Zoidberg's uncle Zoid its back.

Brandigan Law: futurama rocks because of me, Zaph Branigan, the greatest commander since Captain Poppye... are you getting this Kiff? Kiff: sir, we heading into that sun. Zaph: silly, idotic Kiff thats a just a planet with sunny deposition. I swear with your negative attitude we would be doomed. now onward into happiness and put on the a/c!!! Kiff: at least it will over soon.

Jul 31 - 12:04 AM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

Speechless. Maybe it's hypnotoad that got my tongue.

Jul 31 - 06:57 AM

dagreenman18

Brian Lorenzo

Man it feels good to know Futurama is comming back for real. Now that there is footage and an actual plan in place, it's a reality instead of a wish. It is the best animated series to come out in the last decade . no show on television has been as funny or as heartwarming as Futurama. Welcome back, and don't pull a Family Guy.

Jul 31 - 10:45 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Now here's something to get excited about :)

Jul 31 - 10:46 AM

bribios

brian wilson

Even though the reruns on AS have gotten a wee bit played out, Futurama is still one of the best comedies on TV. Way better than the Simpsons (post 90's) or Family Guy in my book, and neck and neck with South Park. Even if the new episodes are on par with the weaker episodes of the series, the show will at it's very least be good.

Jul 31 - 11:52 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Sorry to butt in with a completely unrelated comment, but the only article Frank Miller related has already been banished to the archive bin thanks to the new comment system and I'd really like to know what people think about this:

Did anyone else go out and buy the 300 DVD? If so, were you as severely underwhelmed as I was by the special features? This movie made hundreds of millions of dollars basically off fanboy goodwill and they couldn't give us more than a directors commentary? What BS. I'm not big on fans saying it, but they owe us more. I'm sure there's a collectors edition somewhere out there, but it wasn't in the store I got my copy at and should I really have to pay $10 more to see even basic DVD features? Greedy bastards!!!

Jul 31 - 12:55 PM

Bloody Mathias

Mathias N/A

Everybody, be sure to byu three copies of each of the DVDs to convince them to bring it back.

I know i'll be.

Futurama > Simpsons (90's) South Park > King of the Hill > Family Guy > Simpsons (00s).

Jul 31 - 05:00 PM

bigbadbear

John Doe

c'mon FOX, if your CEO's do anything right, give matt groening money for futurama. simpsons is slowly going to have to fade, better let futurama take over soon.

Jul 31 - 07:26 PM

kfarschman

Kurt Farschman

dagreenman I like how you noted that Futurama was heartwarming. It's one of the craziest and smartest comedies out there, yet it also can creep up on you and become very real and touching. I can barely watch the end of the episode about Fry's dog without tearing up and I've seen it like 10 times. I'm not ready to say it's better than South Park but I think that those two shows are two of the best shows ever made (live action or animated).

I haven't watched any of the really new Family Guys but I thought it was as good as it was before when it made it's comeback. Maybe it fell off recently though. I pretty much refuse to watch Fox anymore after canceling Futurama, Family Guy, and Arrested Developement. Nelson's ratings are retarded and I can't believe we still use them, many tv stations do go completely by them, but not Fox. They can't think abstractly as that people in college, or young (or older) non-homeowning adults also watch tv and probably buy tons of dvds. If you don't have a show, you don't have any dvds to sell. I hate Fox sooooo freakin much. I'm glad Futurama isn't going back like Family Guy did to the devil and giving much needed love to Adult Swim.

Aug 1 - 08:15 PM

msspurlock

Michael Spurlock

I am happier than a Spider-Pig!

Aug 13 - 11:09 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships