Beckinsale On Catwoman, Wonder Woman, And Her Bond Girl Offer

There's just something about black latex...

One of the highlights of the super-long Whiteout panel at Comic-Con came when Kate Beckinsale popped in, fashionably late, and addressed a handful of roles she's been rumored to play.

Beckinsale, whose turn as U.S. Marshal Carrie Stetko in next year's Whiteout will give her some unfamiliar costuming choices -- that is, fully covered and wearing a parka for much of the time -- was game to answer questions about a number of roles that fans of her body of work would love to see.

Based on her past roles (and, more specifically, her costumes in Underworld and Underworld: Evolution), it's not a stretch for Beckinsale herself to imagine slipping into another famous skintight suit -- as Catwoman.

"Because I have a thing for black latex. I do, I know we all do. I think Michelle Pfeiffer was such an awesome Catwoman, I'd be really intimidated to get into that suit after she filled it. But I don't know if my husband [Underworld director Len Wiseman] would talk to me if I were to get it and I turned it down. I'd have to take it into very heavy consideration."

She also admitted to being offered a role as a Bond girl in the past, but turned it down so her daughter wouldn't be too mortified at the surely scant wardrobe it would require. But maybe Beckinsale would reconsider for one super role in particular?

"I have, I can't remember what it was. It wasn't recently," she explained. "I do feel like I've embarrassed my daughter enough, and notice you always have to be in your underwear at some point in a James Bond film. I'm becoming elderly, for that sort of thing. Maybe not me so much, but I think once the child gets into third grade?that was the whole question with Wonder Woman, because it's still essentially underwear. So I don't know, but?you never know."

Comments

glhxckid

James Schultz

Wow. You know what... I never realized this, but she'd be perfect as Wonder Woman.

Aug 3 - 07:33 PM

lpbreeze

First Last

man she looks 2D in that picture.

Aug 3 - 07:50 PM

The Tony Show

Tony Pagano

Probably a picture of the big screen above the panel.

Aug 3 - 08:01 PM

PlayfulPhoenix

Marques Moore

2-D? That's funny because so are all of her mainstream roles...

Aug 3 - 11:18 PM

The Tony Show

Tony Pagano

Probably a picture of the big screen above the panel.

Aug 3 - 08:01 PM

CoUcH ToMaToE DoUgIe

Shawn Amoroso

nah, she still can't top my personal favorite miss angelina jolie. the sex goddess

is still the ultimately perfect choice for the amozian warrior princess. oh, and unlike

beckinsale, she can act at an oscar level. something kate only wishes she could do.

Aug 3 - 08:06 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

Wow. Every actress i've seen people mention as being wonder woman is some skinny little chick. Ironic when you consider how much people complain about people playing the wrong roles that dont fit the character. I guess when it comes to horny geeks, acuracy can be thrown out the window when it comes to casting. Wonder Woman is an AMAZON. She's a woman with, hold on to your hats, CURVES.

Aug 3 - 10:02 PM

rgallitan

robin thompson

Aug 3 - 11:26 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

"Curves? Do you even know what the word 'Amazon' means? ...not that the Wonder Woman creators knew either, or cared."

Why when people rush to tell you your wrong about something they never include how or why your wrong? Anyway, Wonder Woman will look ridiculous as one of these toothpick bitches. Not really looking forward to this film, but im sure WHATEVER they do, it will suck. Just a gut feeling.

Aug 5 - 04:34 PM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

RexLaboro, I couldn't agree with you more.

Wonder Woman should be a tall, strong, cliche "Amazon" woman looking. Only people I've seen mentioned are too short and "dainty". You don't have to have a muscle-bound freak, but someone taller and a stern looking, like a younger Sigourney Weaver would be great. Should at least be 5' 11'' or 6', Sophia Bush, who was rumored is only 5' 6", Beckinsale is only a little taller at 5' 8", and neither look the part.

Aug 4 - 06:54 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

Kate is actually one of the better actresses out there in my opinion. On another note I didn't realize anyone was talking about doing Catwoman again. For another solo movie or involved in the Batman franchise, anyone know?

Aug 3 - 10:05 PM

Atticus is HIGHLY TENSE

Jesse Moore

I'd rather Catwoman be in the batman franchise than another solo effort. I'd also rather they not reference Batman Returns Catwoman, because although yeah Michelle Pfieffer was sexy the character wasn't even close to being the comic book's more interesting version.

I'd want a Catwoman that is the highly skilled thief, not some half dead whore in patented leather with a whip.

Aug 3 - 10:21 PM

pinkincide

jon doe

I can't get the image of her peeing in her director's thermos out of my head. Look it up.

Aug 3 - 10:30 PM

PlayfulPhoenix

Marques Moore

2-D? That's funny because so are all of her mainstream roles...

Aug 3 - 11:18 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Another Catwoman movie? Really? Can I hit some of that crack the industry is smoking?

Aug 3 - 11:18 PM

rgallitan

robin thompson

Aug 3 - 11:26 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

Aug 5 - 04:34 PM

JesusofSuburbia

Kevin Mcleod

If there is a God, he just answered my prayers.

Aug 3 - 11:57 PM

Callpacas

Khim Lo

i won't watch Wonder Woman with a muscle woman...and i don't think either would u/

Aug 4 - 02:59 AM

Lizard Brain

Greg Bonnette

Damn, she looks good there...

Aug 4 - 04:06 AM

Novastar.

Nova Lee

Overrated actress,has nothing to bragg about on her resumé.And what's with the 'Gladiator' dress?

Aug 4 - 07:56 AM

madanotsob

adam boston

Kate "too old" to be a Bond girl? Beckinsale is one of the most flawless women on the planet. No hotter chick than Seline in Underworld. And she also looked great in Click. I cant believe the haters in here! She is a 10 in my opinion.

Aug 4 - 08:25 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Naw she's not typed.

Aug 4 - 09:14 AM

ipisking

Howard Smith

She has the wonder women face she would make a good choice.....

Aug 4 - 09:23 AM

dylan21484nj

glenn welsh

Backinsale as Selina Kyle in Nolan's new Batman franchise would be a Batman fan's wet dream. well, she is already most guys' wet dream, having her go up against Christian Bale's Batman would be great. let's just stay away from the whole "Catwoman movie" idea. i don't think anyone wants a debacle like that Halle Berry movie. blech.

Aug 4 - 09:27 AM

Cindy_Lou_Who

Cindy Granger

Wonder Woman is a dorkess; period.

Aug 4 - 04:51 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies