Confessions of a Shopaholic Reviews

thmtsang
½ February 14, 2009
Funny rom com about a hopeless shopaholic who has to get a job at a savings magazine to pay for her shopping sprees. She is being chased by a debt collector and her bestfriend makes her go to therapy. She should have everything but loses it all as she is outted as a fraud on national TV. When she is really low - no job, no money, no bestfriend, no love, she finds out what is most important. It all turns out in the end. I love the way the mannequins talk to her. Every shopaholic can relate to her situation. Good cast.
theunknownhobo
½ September 24, 2011
Nothing of great merit but still an enjoyable feel good comedy that comes at being a shopaholic from a different angle. Entertaining, predictable and attempts to be heartfelt, this film follows the same scripture as almost every other young romantic comedy. Peppered with some big names with acting above the usual standards of the genre, I must say this is definitely not the worst of its type I have seen but still would have to go just a little bit further to be considered anything better than good. Some AMAZING shoes in it though!
murphmann93
½ June 23, 2011
Really bad. Was expecting much better than this. It has it's moments but other than that, not really that good and the main actor isn't all that attractive and his acting is terrible.
½ February 16, 2009
An ok comedy film, probably enjoyed more by girls with a passion for shopping. It has some funny moments but it was far from memorable to be honest.
½ September 14, 2010
I just loved this movie. Isla is just so adorable, and funny. It's alot of fun watching her try really, really hard to not spend money. What a really fun movie!
YodaMasterJedi
September 8, 2010
1 star
August 16, 2010
It is all you can expect from a movie like this. Cute and mildly entertaining.
ajaymuthecooldevils
½ February 11, 2009
A good and entertaining movie...!! Sophie Kinsella really made a great book about a shopaholic with her obsession about shopping and finding fortune in her life... Maybe this movie wasn't as good as 'Sex & The City' or 'The Devil Wears Prada', but I thought this movie was better to be checked... Isla Fisher made a great cast as Rebecca Bloomwood, while the love interest who played by Hugh Dancy wasn't a bad one... The other cast did a good job too, as it was a pretty good collaboration between the young actors and the senior actors... The story itself was good, it was easily to follow and have a really complex problem that told really well... Overall, I was enjoying watching this movie...
August 2, 2010
This movie is kind of a fake it till you make it and put it all on plastic. I loved every darling, cute, clever, funny, romantic part of it.
July 28, 2010
not as bad as i thought but not a good movie. C
movieguru12
March 22, 2009
I loved this movie. Isla Fisher was just adorable and the story was very cute. I'm a sucker for these kind of movies lol!!! :) This is a really good movie lol! :) I love this :)
3niR
January 28, 2010
"I was once stalked by a dog"

I wouldn't say this was lame like the other reviewers. This has some funny moments. But Isla Fisher acting was pretty over. I never knew shopaholic people were like this. This is sort of a disease if you ask me.
MeetMeinMontauk
March 24, 2010
I'll give it this much. It was cute. Hugh Dancy is quite yummy to look at and Isla Fisher pulls off comedy very well. It's like Legally Blonde meets The Devil Wears Prada. I had some laughs and a good pick for 'wanting something brainless'. I wasn't disappointed. Probably will never need to watch it again.
deano
½ October 23, 2008
Good chick flick with Isla Fisher's first title role in this film. She is charming, funny, adorably goofy yet undeniably attractive. You can't help but notice her uncanny resemblance to Enchanted's Amy Adams, which is not a bad thing at all, yet she still maintains the same unique kookiness we all enjoyed in her role as Vince Vaughn's equal in The Wedding Crashers.
The actors were all terrific. The "chemistry" was there. The storyline was interesting (not deep, somewhat predictable, but still pleasant and interesting).
jjnxn
½ February 13, 2010
Ignore the foolish story and enjoy the cast of talented performers who all should be appearing in better films than this.
½ September 13, 2008
Isla was adorable as always. Movie was cute, but not worth watching again.
½ December 20, 2009
My wife makes me watch these things that are technically movies.
½ September 28, 2009
Fisher is a likeable star with a knack for slapstick.
MissMorganLeee
February 19, 2009
The comstumes for Isla Fisher in this movie were REDICULUS!! THEY WERENT EVEN FASIONABLE!!
½ February 10, 2009
Confessions of a Shopaholic is decent, but it sticks to the standards of its genre to the point that it hurts the movie, overall. I think Isla Fisher is so charismatic that I would basically watch her in anything, but she doesn't really have anything to do in Confessions except go through the motions with her trademark acting style. I've watched much worse movies with my girlfriend, but I was hoping that Confessions could have been something in the vein of The Devil Wears Prada. Something that I could enjoy, instead of not hate. At least the movie has a great message/lesson for its viewers.