• R, 1 hr. 40 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Confetti Reviews

Anthony L

October 2, 2009
I liked this a lot more than I thought I would! I have to say though I can't stand Jimmy Carr, Stephen Mangan or Meredith MacNeill. The three of them in one film would have prevented me from watching had I of known! This is much better than your average British comedy though (which unfortunately, isn't saying much) and I did chuckle a few times. Franklin and Watkins steal the show, Webb and Coleman should be congratulated for baring all and Freeman and Stevenson bought a romantic realism that should also be acknowledged. Better than your average Richard Curtis and tons better than your Bridget Jones's and your Full Monty crap!!
Lady D

March 1, 2007
This film I'm afraid was absolute rubbish, the worst of British Comedy
deano
deano

December 3, 2006
Weird of three wedding couples in the competition. I dislike tennis and nudity couples because they look ridiculous in their wedding bliss.
Roy G

November 5, 2006
This is what happens when there is literally no script,everthing improvised.
Rico Z

September 25, 2006
This is definitely one of the funniest movies I've seen all year. The style is Best in Show and A Mighty Wind; except it's made by Brits and is sometimes more outrageous and comically unpredictable.

The film follows three couples in London who are in the process of getting married. Confetti magazine (a bridal
mag) wants to pay for their weddings...if they can come up with the most creative concept.

So, we meet a couple who wants a Broadway Melody-wedding; a couple who would adore a tennis-themed party; and another couple who want to be married in the nude (they're naturists.)

What follows is a series of events that are both outrageous and extraordinary all at once. The performances are top-notch and delivered with such deadpan reassurance, that you wonder how these people got through the scenes with a straight face.

Definitely check this one out on DVD (as I'm sure it's already gone from theatres.) And don't miss-out on one of
the funniest comedies of the year.
Marcus W

September 12, 2009
Undeservedly overlooked by everyone when released, this film does deserve a watch, especially if you're a fan of British comedy. It does have flaws and drags in places (especially when the tennis couple aren't on screen), but it's still an amusing and well-written mockumentary.
DrLappos
DrLappos

July 20, 2007
Wasnt sure about this one but the acting was great, the plotline fast and funny and the film was overall a good watch.
August 16, 2009
A welcome surprise. Confetti showcases some of the best of British comedy, only with everyone on lupe warm form. Each of the actors are far removed from their individual peaks - but still some laughs and warmth to be enjoyed.
Ipinchu
November 19, 2008
Being American, I find British comedies to be kind of weird. I guess its seems to always be a bit off. This movie brought the weird and off together in a fantastic way. I love Martin Freeman, he is now on my top list of actors. I totally want to have a theme wedding now. Well if I ever meet someone worth marrying. I loved the wedding planners too! I would watch this movie over and over again.
June 6, 2008
An attempt of the British to make a mock-umentary like the Christopher Guest movies. Not quite there.
nativesunljt
January 31, 2008
Altogether pretty damn funny but way too much male nudity. Oh well, it was still good. Liked it a lot.
gms1yygy
January 15, 2008
Four couples actually - the tennis players, the nudists and the big stage production couple ... and the gay wedding planners. Could never be made in the USA - male frontal nudity. But it is handled so matter of factly that who cares! How healthy! Looking for some comedy and a bit if fun? This could be it.
shorefan03volley
January 12, 2008
OMG! this film is crazy funny. the nudists, the wedding planners, the Musical wedding, the Tennis couple & her nose! brits are just hilarious!
afilmbymichaelmargetis
January 1, 2008
'Confetti' is a funny and charming British mockumentary, but it sure as hell isn't on-par with mockumentaries like 'Spinal Tap' and 'Best in Show'. 'Confetti' is about a fashion bridal magazine called 'Confetti'. The two executives of the magazine (Jimmy Carr and Felicity Montagu) form a contest involving three different couples seeing who can put on the most original wedding. They choose Matt and Sam (Martin Freeman and Jessica Hynes) two tone-deaf theater enthusiasts whose theme is Broadway Musicals ; Josef and Isabelle (Stephen Mangan and Meredith MacNeill) two wannabe pro-tennis players whose theme is, no big surprise, tennis ; and Michael and Joanna (Robert Webb and Olivia Colman), two nudists whose theme is a "naturist" wedding. With the help of two flamboyantly gay wedding planners (Vincent Franklin and Jason Watkins), the three couples set on a trek to plan their weddings and perhaps win the Confetti magazine most original wedding contest.

'Confetti' is an interesting concept, but disappointing in that they could have done so much more with it. The beginning is very funny and the ending sequence is flat-out hilarious, but there are so many in-between moments in 'Confetti' that aren't very funny and drag out. The actors are all very talented and funny, especially Vincent Franklin and Jason Watkins who are constant scene-stealers as the bitchy/gay wedding planners. Some of the time, I was confused in what I was watching -- a comedy or a drama. In some instances it becomes too sentimental to be funny, which is usually not a good route to take when making a mockumentary. Satire is a very hard thing to accomplish well in a movie, and 'Confetti' hits and misses, but luckily for the viewers it hits more than it misses. Grade: B-
dresserlook
December 27, 2007
I wanted to like it, but it was just a bad version of a Christopher Guest mockumentary. The best thing about it was Martin Fremman - he's the sweetest character.
July 24, 2007
i expected this to be utterly hilarious, and while it was funny and strange, it never lived up to it's brilliant premise. the acting was really good the two wedding planners were the best
thing about the whole film. they supplied the larger amount of laughs. this film seemed to want to be sort of a Christopher guest type deal but came up way too short. lots of nudity especially male nudity but none of the nudity was sexual just kind of humorous, but I've never thought naked people were funny.
it actually got quite boring.
June 11, 2007
the beginning of the movie was a drag nad pretty boring. The only thing I really liked about this movie was at the end when they were showing the wedding, beacuse they were instering to say the least.
May 1, 2007
I was expecting way more and this falls very flat. The humor is scant, plot seems to drag on. However, I suppose it *is* British... Oh, and there is full frontal nudity. Just to give you a heads up.
dancingthroughlife
April 17, 2007
An interesting movie.
I loved Martin Freeman and Jessica Stevenson in this movie. They make such a great couple.
madelineschulman
March 29, 2007
Thiis "mockumentary" (which I never heard of until it was recommended by Netflix) was entirely improvised which accounts for the lack of any clever dialog but not for the unlikeability of most characters. I just kept watching to see who won the contest, and then I was dissatisfied with the end.