Conversations With Other Women Reviews

September 28, 2015
Conversations with Other Women is a film for people who enjoy conversation and experimentation. It is very much an ambiguous and paradoxical film: is this improvisational honesty? Is it alternate reality? The split screen feels like it is a natural element and yet remains a fascinating device throughout. Recommended to fans of errant romance.
December 11, 2010
I feel a bit wrong in rating this because apparently I watched the crappy non-split-screen version that was made for TV, and which pretty much plays as an unimaginative TV movie with a decent script and likable acting that doesn't compare well to its obvious inspiration (though what movie does?) What I saw was pretty average, but my score will probably change when I eventually see it as it was originally edited.
½ June 20, 2014
real and well written.
April 24, 2014
Really tragic that it's named a comedy, the story was complex but short and it was told in split screen, it works great in some scenes but mostly it's just annoying..
October 2, 2012
it employs a pretty well thought out gimmick that could certainly hold anyone's attention to the intriguing "drama" between these two
November 7, 2013
In the hands of Carter and Eckhart, this story about an affair is lush and full of the mixed chemistry associated with two people who are drawn to each other and repulsed due to emotional baggage. Fantastic work.
½ August 14, 2013
HBC and Aaron Eckhart meet at a wedding, and we get the impression that it's not the first time. Their characters' history is hinted at in split-screen flashbacks with doe-eyed Nora Zehetner as the former, whose resemblance to early-aughts HBC is really quite inspired, but her accent could use a little work.

We know these ex-lovers are gonna fuck tonight, but the cat-and-mouse foreplay is still subtly suspenseful, with underhanded barbs and guarded tellings of their separate pasts. The script IS basic with no notable or quotable aphorisms, but I like that. The characters aren't trying to impress each other. HBC and Eckhart are so easy together that it's clear to see how the act of having sex doesn't really matter and how cheating on their SOs essentially isn't meant to be a hurtful or sinful thing, but a matter of course for the soul-connected.

I didn't love or hate the split-screen technique. At first I found it difficult to watch because I couldn't tell where the angles and POVs were, but I got over it and enjoyed the few moments where the screens showed the future and the characters' different reactions. The end when the screens match up confuses me though. Do they end up together? Should they?
June 29, 2013
I Don't Look Up Female Film Actors On The Internet.
½ June 24, 2013
painfully complex, but what in life isn't?
½ February 18, 2013
I liked this movie and the way we, the audience, slowly found out what the relationship between these two people had been, and perhaps what it still was. I found both of their characters very appealing and that I wanted to know more about them and what their relationship had been. I felt sorry that they hadn't made it, and even wondered if there was still a chance for them. I wondered what happened to their baby. In show business, the motto is "Leave them wanting more" and this movie definitely did that for me.
January 11, 2013
Too many feelings in this movie, insightful and realistic and full of amazing sweet phrases, I think its simplicity is what makes the movie so lovable
November 6, 2012
This is a movie that is moved more by dialogue (as in plays) than any other component of film.
October 1, 2012
AN Iffy Plot with some creative camera work to balance it out.
September 23, 2012
Has its moments and also its share of cliches.
½ September 9, 2012
Gut gemacht in vielerlei Hinsicht.
Schöne Bilder, Interessante Rückblicke und eine überraschende Story.
June 26, 2012
Well done! Well thought-out characters, I must say and just a really simple (in the best way) story, told in a really enjoyably original way.
May 20, 2012
missed this one completely at the cinema - found it buried away on netfilx - oh, what a marvellous gem of a movie - loved it
May 13, 2012
stimulating man/woman tussle about life, love and the whole damn thing...luv the leads..<3 Helena :)
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
½ August 17, 2007
the "gimmick" was great and extremely well executed. i love 2-actor-only movies. and with the acting of Carter and Eckhart, you can't ask for much more. loved it.