64% Hercules Jul 25

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Cop and a Half Reviews

Robert C.
January 8, 2012
The acting is good and it has a cute concept but this eventually turns into a cliche, overly cheesy, annoying flick.
tmannamt
December 19, 2011
One of those childhood movies I loved and still like to this day.
cee b.
October 16, 2011
This is a classic and hilarious movie with the talents of Burt Reynolds as a curmudgeonly career cop and precociously clever newcomer Norman Golden.

The gags and slapstick are actually innovative when realizing that newer movies like Daddy Daycare starring Eddie Murphy played like an homage to the Cop and a Half kid flick in comparison.

The bad reviews and harsh commentaries have lost all perspective to the fact this is a movie geared to kids age 10 and up back in the 90's. Today, this movie would be a blockbuster in the 5 and up kid age group.

It's a hilarious, clean cut, and acceptably gross antics (fish guts) comedy movie for today's child audience as it was originally.

Get some popcorn and watch it with your Grandkids and get ready for some real genuine dialogue and gutbusting laughs as well as a moral lesson that "Crime does not pay"!!

Enjoyed Cop and a Half as an excellent family movie!!

The critics comments that are negative are truly INACCURATE!
FilmGrinder S.
June 20, 2010
More formula Hollywood drival, but D. Golden II is very likable.
February 7, 2011
How many stars would I award Cop and a Half? How many stars are in the universe?
Cop and a Half is a hysterical escapade that features an aging Burt Reynolds starring opposite a young Tracy Morgan. After witnessing a murder, young Devon Butler (Morgan) is placed into the protective custody of Det. Nick McKenna (Bandit). But here's the twist, McKenna hates black people.... or children, I forget which. From here this capricious comedy takes us on the ride of our lives. This movie has it all - action, comedy, back to action. Though it does lack romance, I have submitted my own fanfiction script that suggests a possible spark between the cantankerous cop and his half-pint houseguest -- which has only resulted in a Cease and Desist order from Universal Pictures, and an unmarked white van that now follows me where ever I go.
Rent - NO, BUY this ludicrous lark, and see why five stars simply isn't enough praise for this piece of sidesplitting cinema! Granted I only caught five minutes of Cop and a Half while passively flipping through the channels one Sunday afternoon, but I can say with complete certainty that you must buy this riotous romp to add - NAY! REPLACE your entire movie collection with this single transcendent treasure!
September 27, 2010
This movie is amazing. I cum every time i watch it.
Uncle Fester
May 2, 2010
WHAT I LIKED? It's a good kids movie, at least it was in the 90's.

WHAT I DIDN'T? Nowadays there are so many better kids movies.

WOULD I RECOMMEND IT? I liked Cop And A Half as a kid, but now I can barely get through the first ten minutes. I wouldn't recommend it at all.
kysparkleangel
March 23, 2010
I tried to forget this one.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

May 1, 2007
I'm glad this disappeared.
hamzeh93
November 28, 2009
awesome movie !! for the whole family :D
Eric Curto
October 16, 2009
Well this is what happens to an actor whose career is officially in the toilet, he buries himself one step further by doing a film that even children would fall asleep too.
I am of course talking about Burt Reynolds, whose career was once doing great films like the Smokey and the Bandit trilogy, but has been regressed to this film. He's great in the film, Burt Reynolds manages to really make the most out of a script that is otherwise a miss.
Ray Sharkey plays the half cop named Devin, he plays the role with great enthusiasm and at times he shines, but otherwise he just fills the scenes with a lot of annoying obstacles for Reynolds character.
The rest of the film and performances are sprinkled with the typical child in danger cliches. The mob characters are done well and probably the only part of the film that I enjoyed.
I remember when this film first aired its trailers, it really looked like a film that would be fun to watch. Of course, this was also the Home Alone times, where a kid causing trouble was fun to watch, but sadley this wasn't the case. I mean even Home Alone 3 shines more than this film.
The score for the film is a tad annoying as well, they must've used the same kid theme several times in just a 90 minute period.
2 out of 5
October 16, 2009
good one of the comedy and a family movie with starring burt reynolds as mckenna the tough cop and also he so funny performancing and with funny kid cop wannabe who performed by norman d. golden but of his film debut and i never seen of his film carrer. this kinda of 1991 "the hard way" to me.
Zeppo1
October 6, 2009
*1/2 (out of four)

Henry Winkler directed this misfire with Burt Reynolds as a cop stuck with a VERY precocious and annoying kid who wants to be an offiver some day.
Nyk P

June 15, 2007
Another film that i watched as a kid and realised then that it was bad.
WingedJackel
September 5, 2009
It was kinda funny when I was younger.
whitesugarkane
August 28, 2009
This movie was very good. So want to get it on dvd.
TonyTheBull
April 23, 2009
You know how sometimes words can't describe how great a movie is. Well that is also true with horrible films and Cop and a Half is one of those truly terrible films that deserves to be singled out for being so awful. I mean it is so bad that it must have been intentional. I would not recommend this film to anyone that is depressed because upon viewing this "movie" they would certainly be pushed over the edge and commit suicide. I hope I have been clear enough on how much I dislike this movie.
Liloh
Liloh

May 9, 2009
BURT REYNOLDS....humph...Not bad but not great actor he just Burt Reynolds. This was a pretty funny Movie when I remember back
SavageLucy42
February 25, 2009
Wasn't this like in the era of Kindergarten Cop and other "cop and kid" movies? I saw it. Don't remember a thing. But we can assume it was heinous.
339z
November 5, 2006
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good family/comedy movie 2 watch..its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..i think that burt reynolds plays a good part throughout this movie its a good comedy/family movie 2 watch...i think that the director of this family/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its a good family/comedy movie 2 watch