Corrina, Corrina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Corrina, Corrina Reviews

½ May 27, 2009
A perfect little movie. A heartwarming story about the healing process, an impressive performance from a child actor, effective handling of a divisive issue (in this case, race and interracial relationships), and nice bits of music, from Manny's commercial jingles to his father's deaf violin-playing.
thmtsang
½ August 24, 2007
Movie about a broken family. A man's wife dies and he employs a housekeeper to help bring up his daughter. Good cast.
September 8, 2007
An OK movie. It is too bad that race matters. I thought the three main actors - Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Liotta and Tina Majorino (as Ray's kid) did a wonderful job.
July 26, 2007
Whoopi Goldberg plays a nanny to a girl who just lost her mother, in this well-done, enjoyable and fun movie. It's similar to her other movie "Clara's Heart" where she was a housekeeper to a little boy (Neil Patrick Harris), also a good movie. "Corrina, Corrina" works. The little girl (Tina Majorino) is sweet and believable, trying to overcome the loss of her mother. A bit awkward is the casting of Ray Liotta as the disturbed father.
May 28, 2008
It's okay.
weelee18
October 21, 2007
Corrina, Corrina - A story as full of surprises as the human heart..

When Manny Singer's wife dies, his young daughter Molly becomes mute and withdrawn. To help cope with looking after Molly, he hires sassy housekeeper Corrina Washington, who coaxes Molly out of her shell and shows father and daughter a whole new way of life. Manny and Corrina's friendship delights Molly and enrages the other townspeople..

Ray Liotta and Whoopi Goldberg are amazing together.. Tina Majorino gives a wonderful performance..
February 14, 2008
great touching movie that i always watch when i stumble across it, i love ray liotta
iLeo
½ April 12, 2007
A great movie!
March 10, 2009
One of my very favorite movies! The actors really brought out the characters perfectly, the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard. A really enjoyable, and thoughtful movie.
½ November 7, 2007
Rare to find a movie about an interacial couple in the 1950's. One can only imagine how hard it must have been for familes like theirs back in the day.
June 14, 2008
i loved this movie, the story itself is great and placing it in the 50's is quite a jump into things. ray liotta is one of my favorites, as is whoopi goldberg, they did a super job. very touching.
February 11, 2008
this is such an underrated movie for both Ray and Whoopi....make sure u have some kleenex ready...i cry almost every time.
November 18, 2007
I honestly could watch this movie everyday! Its so warm and sweet and just great. TIs a great movie.
½ October 25, 2007
My mom used to hide this movie from me because I would watch it over and over...I think its a cute movie.
½ August 15, 2007
omg! i love this movie, its one of the best ever! every time we stop at a stoplight i blow at it...(get ur head out of the gutter, u nasty sicko! lmao! j/k)...but yea its very good!
July 29, 2007
I think I watched this movie 3 times in a row the first time I rented it. I love all the 50's cultural images intertwined with this feel good story of loss and love.
July 13, 2007
This is one of the best aw'shucks how cute type movies ever. It's very emotionally fulfilling. I've said for years this would be great material for a musical but nobody seems to like to listen to me. This is definately a great family movie, with some adult themes.
½ July 7, 2007
this movie was a little weird in ways it mainly is about a little girl who loses her mother and she looks for a motherly comfront.
July 5, 2007
I freaking love this movie. it's amazing. it is also why I can never take Ray Liotta seriously as the bad ass biker in Wild Hogs. he will forever be the guy who pitches Tater Tots to his boss.
June 22, 2007
Had it good pointes and bad, Showing how black woman falls in love with the white man in the 1950's....ooo so taboo.