Cosmos: War of the Planets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cosmos: War of the Planets Reviews

½ May 4, 2010
George Lucas is probably thankful for this movie, bc it does take some heat off of him for The Star Wars Holiday Special....

I am not a fan of the idea that a movie can suck so much and be so
terrible that it can, or should, be perceived in any way that which is
positive but, at least in description this movie is an exception, fore
this movie is so STUPID that it is "a movie almost awesome in its
badness", to borrow a phrase! They actually sift music from other
films, horror movies & documentaries mostly, & remade it with something
that sounds like a 1950s synthesizer...to add to the soundtrack, which
is probably the best thing about the film ironically...

The ending is actually far more climactic than I would even have
imagined giving them credit for & is probably the 2nd best thing about the film, and I even concede that the women do look good in their figure-hugging outfits, but (...it's not like they get naked!), nothing is redeemed & there is & shall forever never be no forgiveness for this excruciatingly lame-ass sh!t-pile!!
July 2, 2013
2001 a space odyssey came out in 1968, Nine years later, War of the Planets! It is a mystery for whom this movie was made for. It is so poorly done, one doesn't know where to start. No plot, crummy effects, stilted acting, it looks like it was shot in italy and dubbed in english, but that does not seem to be the case. Like a star trek plot jumble, this film bounces from plotline to plotline. no one involved seemed to be taking it seriously, therefore it is seriously bad.
December 18, 2012
Sloppy, slow, and un-entertaining. There's not much for camp value, and the plot is just boring. The characters aren't interesting, and the effects are terrible. The horrible looking robot was probably the only eye catcher in this flick.
July 20, 2008
Ultra low budget Italian made sci-fi rubbish, awful score and editing, the special effects are way below average for the time period and the acting isn't very good.
May 7, 2016
This science-fiction movie may be from 1977, but it really feels mid-60's. It is confusing enough to prevent lost of interest from the viewer.
March 13, 2014
This was a very bizarre and poorly-made film, which I can't believe was made after manned space travel, as well as masterpieces such as '2001: A Space Odyssey' and 'Star Wars' really served to up the ante when it comes to these types of film. The dialogue and special effects are terrible, but for the most part it was a fun watch, and I gave bonus marks because of the intriguing 'cosmic love' idea. However, even no-budget filmmakers need to realize that even if they can't afford much in various areas, decent ideas are still free. Just ask people like Edgar G. Ulmer and George Lucas (at least in the early, 'THX 1138', stage of his career).
March 28, 2016
July 28, 2015
Somewhere far out in our galaxy, a strange sound is herd. A load of astronauts are sent to examine space, in hopes to interact with what is beyond our earth. Eventually the captain finds an undiscovered plant with a monstrous Robot who's taking it over. The creepy part is, it's goal is to reach earth and destroy our people. My opinions on the movie is: there isn't any realistic interaction within their acting sequences. Which is fine, because the movie makes up for it with classic 8 bit video game sound effects, and applied with 1970s tech gadgets. The costumes are bland, yet the laser lights and cheesy action at the end - gives an A for effort.
½ March 3, 2015
Possibly the worst film I've ever seen. So bad, in fact, I found it compulsive viewing. And, hilarious!
August 28, 2014
Bad really really bad... no plot, bad lighting, poor dubbing. Looks like they took 5 movies and tried editing them together.
½ May 4, 2010

I am not a fan of the idea that a movie can suck so much and be so
terrible that it can, or should, be perceived in any way that which is
positive but, at least in description this movie is an exception, fore
this movie is so STUPID that it is "a movie almost awesome in its
badness", to borrow a phrase! They actually sift music from other
films, horror movies & documentaries mostly, & remade it with something
that sounds like a 1950s synthesizer...to add to the soundtrack, which
is probably the best thing about the film ironically...

The ending is actually far more climactic than I would even have
½ March 18, 2014
The Machines May Rule Us Some Day--A really bad movie, but fun enough!!
July 31, 2013
This movie is absolutely terrible. To think that the original "Star Wars" came out in the same year is mind boggling. The photography and direction is so amateurish as to suggest that it was made at least twenty years earlier. The plot is all over the place. The dialogue is terrible. The acting is dry and boring. I don't feel for any of the characters. The sound effects are absolutely atrocious. The music is actually not too bad. I can't believe there are so many names on the credits. This movie is horrible!
July 2, 2013
December 18, 2012
August 12, 2011
Amongst movies made for $70 in Italy, this has to be one of the best.
July 20, 2008