The Covenant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Covenant Reviews

October 3, 2012
More aimed at younger teens as it's trying to get in on the Twilight supernatural scene.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
All of these stars are purely because of the attractive men and the actually alright story with some great thrills and action scenes.
½ May 12, 2007
Stylish but the story needs lots of work and the actors need some acting classes. All they do is look pretty. :P
October 6, 2010
Kind've like a teenage version of Highlander, I loved it. Sure, it's a little corny but it doesn't stop you from enjoying the plot and characters. Given the targeted audience, it's surprising that it manages to be so original and well thought out. The powers are absolutely crazy and the action makes no sense, but I wouldn't want it to. I've been really enjoying the series of movies that have come out recently that depict super-powered humans without costumes. They all manage to be entertaining and fun.
½ July 29, 2010
drags a lot in parts but when the action is happening its awesome but overall there isnt anything special about this movie. C+
January 14, 2010
I wish I could rate this movie higher, but the story is complete bull, and has been overdone many times. What I can't seem to get over is how much it interested me while I went through this average ride. I was totally blown away by the excitement! I recommend it, but only once! However I could watch it any day, but I never pay attention to the weak plot!
arashxak
½ March 11, 2010
So cool, Cute & hot teenagers doing some cute & hot stuff, Brainless, lame & pathetic in every sinle aspect
LWOODS04
½ April 26, 2009
Steven Strait, Sebastian Stan, Taylor Kitsch, Chace Crawford, Toby Hemingway, Laura Ramsey, Kyle Schmid, Wendy Crewson

In 1692, in the Ipswich Colony of Massachusetts, five families with untold power formed a covenant of silence. One family, lusting for more, was banished; its bloodline disappearing without a trace--until now. This thriller tells the story of the Sons of Ipswich, four young students at the elite Spencer Academy who are bound by their sacred ancestry. As descendants of the original families who settled in Ipswich Colony in the 1600s, the boys have all been born with special powers. When the body of a dead student is discovered after a party, secrets begin to unravel which threaten to break the covenant of silence that has protected their families for hundreds of years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I enjoyed this film a lot. Thought the story was interesting, and it didn't hurt that this film if filled with some nice looking guys. That can never hurt a film. I thought the fight scene was pretty cool. Seems like the way the movie ended there would be a sequel. Hope so. I would watch it.
August 11, 2009
Pretty cool... The scene where the truck smashed into the car but the car separated into bits before they connect in a collision then putting itself back in one piece... that was cool..., if you don't know what I'm on about...GO AND SEE IT!!! ^_^
June 22, 2008
Cool spooky fraternity movie about a group of males with magical powers, very simular to 'the craft' but a little let down by over dramatic fight scenes and use of extra ordinary magical powers.
jjnxn
½ March 26, 2007
The acting is awful, the story absurd but in its totally mindless way its inoffensive and if you're looking for good looking guys you'll find them here.
½ February 4, 2008
Good warlock vs bad warlock. Lots of hot young guys for those who care. I don't know - not scary enough for a supernatural movie, not enough plot for a good movie. Mediocre I guess.
November 9, 2007
Visually, this movie looks great. Shame it's like watching a plotless version of "The Craft" acted by mannequins. Okay for something brainless, but I certainly couldn't sit through it again.
jagfire
August 26, 2007
This was stupid. I regret watching it.
½ June 12, 2007
The producers of Underworld do it again. This time however they focus on Witches rather than werewolfs or vampires. A shitty script probably hammered out in half a day is everything a teenage emo/goth could want. It's bollocks. WIth classic dialogue such as "I'm gonna make you my Weeatch", yes they actually said this, who knows why anybody would want a part in such a film. Not even enough self-awareness to be enjoyed on a crappy B-Movie level this film misses the mark and ends in a fight where two guys chuck badly imagined CGI water balls at each other, or something. The action scenes are okay as Renny Harlin specialises in this, just a shame there is no material to link them together.
thefog1331
June 11, 2007
Plays like a WB TV series. Fortunately I love 'Supernatural'.
½ May 23, 2007
Stumbled across this after seeing a trailer. An ok teenaged aimed film which is a bit of of a mix of The Craft, The Lost Boys from the producers of the Underworld, it shows. It has some cool SFX and a thumping soundtrack. Pure popcorn fun to switch your brain in to auto pilot for!
May 20, 2007
Beautiful guys, a good storyline, a good soundtrack....you can't go wrong watching this movie.
deano
February 18, 2007
Fine teen supernatural film for boys' version since The Craft. The special effects are okay in the final battle scene.