Weekly Ketchup: Harrison Ford to Play Wyatt Earp in Black Hats

Summary

Following San Diego Comic-Con last weekend, movie news slowed to a trickle this week, mostly consisting of last minute news from the convention, and a few other stories. What news did happen this week includes new movies for Kevin Bacon, Nicolas Cage, John Cusack and Harrison Ford, a sequel to Wolf Creek, an adaptation of The Nutcracker, and two very different cowboy movies. Back to Article

Comments

filmfanatic

Chris Stanton

First. Why would a movie based on a comic written by the singer if my chemical romance be a fresh idea?

Jul 29 - 04:39 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

At first I thought the same, since I hate that emolicious band, BUT I decided to geek it up and a little and went to check some forums and what not, apparently the comic is not bad. And the guys behind the script are not terrible. What I dont understand is why the director didnt raise some flags.

Jul 29 - 04:55 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

Because according to some people RT is supposedly being run by 14 year old girls

Jul 30 - 08:18 PM

BLBnow

Brad Barfoot

That "Black Hats" movie sounds like it could be good.

Jul 29 - 04:45 PM

Amalgamate7

Norman Dostal

harrison ford was truly terrible in cowboys and aliens-as wyatt earp hed just be stinking up the screen in another westernn...clint eastwood where r u??

Jul 30 - 06:16 PM

BLBnow

Brad Barfoot

Clint Eastwood should't play Wyatt Earp. I'm not sure Ford is the right choice either, but I do like the element of Al Capone. Tombstone is one ofmy favorite westerns and this would be like a second chapter. It'll suffer without Doc Holliday. Bat Masterson isn't as interesting.

Jul 30 - 11:24 PM

Dean W.

Dean Wirth

after cowboys and aliens , Ford should be avoiding the genre lie the plague, bet this one won't get made.

Jul 31 - 04:49 AM

mjprogue

Mike PArker

Ford has NEVER "stunk up a screen" and his cowboy in aliens was brilliant...to say otherwise is just to loudly proclaim to the world that you're an elitist film snob who has to dis on popular films for no good reason.

Aug 4 - 01:06 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Jul 29 - 04:55 PM

Sean Y.

Sean Y.

Black Hats sounds rather interesting, and having Harrison Ford in it makes me really want to see it.

I can see why R.I.P.D. would be borderline, the cast looks great, especially Jeff Bridges and Kevin Bacon. I can see why the writers/director could cause some doubt. I enjoyed RED, so hopefully there's more of that in it, and less of Flightplan.

While filming the movie about the Chilean miners in English would give it a broader audience in America, I think it might be more appropriate to film it in Spanish, since that is the native language of those the story most directly concerns and affects.

Jul 29 - 05:53 PM

Noah James

Noah Kinsey

I would see the story of the miners if the team behind 127 Hours worked on it.

Jul 29 - 06:32 PM

Irukandji

Chris Skoufis

Slow news week. Only thing to catch my eye is Wolf Creek 2. I don't know why.

Jul 29 - 06:20 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

I AGREE . . . very slowwwww, so slow I don't feel like commenting--and then All The Spam here; and then its a BEAUTIFUL DAY outside.// any good HORROR MOVIES (or I should say any HORROR MOVIES on the horizon?)/ I'm reading Ray Morton's CLOSE ENCOUNTERS MAKING OF book . . . any good space aliens movies on the horizon?///

Jul 30 - 10:51 AM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

Prometheus I guess

Jul 30 - 08:16 PM

Noah James

Noah Kinsey

I would see the story of the miners if the team behind 127 Hours worked on it.

Jul 29 - 06:32 PM

Joe

Lou Zylka

A knew a movie about the miners would be made

Jul 29 - 07:16 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

RIPD could be awesome, the cast is good, but I am worried since the screenwrtier's past projects have sucked, and the director is hit and miss.

Cage looks incredibly creepy in that picture, him and Cusack should swap roles.

Not much else really appeals to me this week.

Jul 29 - 07:21 PM

misterkyle1901

kyle T

I believe the assassin group in the Bourne movies was Treadstone, not Treadwell.
I hope the Chilean Miners movie is filmed in Spanish, otherwise it will feel too much like a cash grab.
I recommend everyone go out and buy Best Tales of Hoffman. ETA Hoffman is probably the biggest influence on your favorite fantasy novels. That anthology is a great translation (the works are originally in German) so, seriously, check it out.

Jul 29 - 08:43 PM

DKUK

Derrick Wong

Why is the Nicholas Cage and John Cusack movie 'rotten'? Don't tell me just because Nicholas Cage is in it...

Jul 29 - 09:05 PM

Mr. Lee

Daniel Lee

a seven-headed Mouse King in a nutcracker movie............get me Turturro!

Jul 29 - 10:19 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

AWESOME DIRTY HARRY profile pic, guy.

Jul 30 - 11:54 AM

Wisenheimer

Joshua Dinsmore

As long as the films mentioned don't suck then more power to them. I'm iffy on most of the rotten developments. :/

Jul 29 - 11:45 PM

amd9012

Aaron Dicken

i bet you're on the receiving end of most sexual encounters.

Jul 30 - 05:47 PM

Wisenheimer

Joshua Dinsmore

Oh wow, so now you're verbally attaching me personally? That's a step down even for a microphallus such as yourself.

Jul 30 - 11:05 PM

amd9012

Aaron Dicken

you're right. i'm "attaching" you. LOL.

Jul 31 - 04:34 PM

Wisenheimer

Joshua Dinsmore

*attacking

Jul 31 - 08:12 PM

Bob B. The Movie Master

Bob Briens

The Cuban Mines sound interesting. A dead body is not interesting, but the dead body is smarter, better, makes better comments & has more emotions than amd9012.

Jul 31 - 08:58 PM

mjprogue

Mike PArker

There is literally no surer sign of a douche bag than when someone feels the need to ridicule a freaking TYPO online...

Aug 4 - 01:08 PM

Bob B. The Movie Master

Bob Briens

amd9012, go give yourself a handjob. oh, and wolf creek sucked.

Jul 31 - 08:56 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast