Cowboys & Aliens - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

great movie, 8 out of 10
July 25, 2010
First photo looks cool!
November 11, 2015
Okay, I was prepared for this movie to suck, but what a pleasant surprise. (Don't get those very often.) Maybe it's because I had such low expectations, but I found myself giggling through the whole film as if I alone knew the inside joke.

Frankly, this film is made of cult status. I mean, Cowboys AND Aliens? Dude! How could it be any richer? I have visions of drinking a shot of tequila everytime the Aliens kill some honest homesteader, wrangler, or townsfolk. Maybe squirt gun fights at for every one of the film's shootouts. Perhaps punching the guy next to you every time Daniel Craig uses his special bracelet. What about all three?

Let's face it - this film was never designed to be anything but a good time, the story of thing we all know about: go to the bar, meet a nice girl/guy, have a good time while it lasts, that sort of thing. That guy or gal was not gonna be the one you took home to Mom and Dad.

And neither is Cowboys and Aliens, which is really just a beer, a phone number, and a sloppy kiss good night. Ah... to be young again.
November 6, 2015
A fun romp with exciting action, an interesting enough plot, and a cast of talented actors that doesn't take itself too seriously. Jon Favreau doesn't get enough credit for this one, because he made a good movie. It just wasn't quite on par with some of his other work.
November 22, 2013
This film doesn't try to hide the fact that they are stepping into the uncomfortable zone for most audiences. However, I'm first to admit this film isn't for everyone but it certainly was for me it was an action packed adventure that sent us right in and weaved us along on a fun ride. While some viewers will clearly notice these Aliens are not the brightest of the bunch even though they can travel through space but can't beat Cowboys. Let me put it this way; don't underestimate the Cowboy's of westerns.
½ June 4, 2013
If you are looking for action, action, and only ACTION! This is the movie for you but if you're looking for story, good twists, action, character development and good acting, this is a waste of time.
½ September 11, 2015
A tough loner thief is arrested in 1970s New Mexico. Soon the arresting sheriff, along with the thief and the rich guy from whom the thief thieved are batting aliens. Alliances falter and some hokey drama happens, but, of course you know who wins. With a name like Cowboys and Aliens, I would have thought it would be more campy. The tone was a bit too dark and everything about it was mediocre.
August 17, 2015
What's not to love? Daniel Craig kills it, Olivia Wild is smoking , Harrison Ford is a baller, and it combines 2 of the greatest genres to hit the big screen. Suspend your disbelief, put away your self proclaimed critic cap, and enjoy this for what it is.
January 31, 2012
The blending of two separate genres may not be smooth as there are some roughness to the mix, but it'd done its job to still be enjoyable when it's decently-written with respective aspects and benefitting from the cast's efforts, especially Craig and Ford standing out. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
February 7, 2011
Cowboys AND aliens? A good cast and director? Sounds like a winner to me.
August 9, 2015
An embarrassment for all involved. I'm rooting for the Indians, in this case.
½ October 22, 2011
With a smart, but absurd idea, Cowboys & Aliens provides some great performances from Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig, but unfortunately, they couldn't save this film from disaster
July 31, 2015
If you go in knowing that the mere title "Cowboys & Aliens" is the dumbest/coolest sounding idea ever, you may just go in with the right attitude. And with the right attitude you just might enjoy it.
August 5, 2011
111219: I just couldn't quite get into this Sci-Fi Western. Perhaps because it is a Sci-Fi Western.
½ July 21, 2015
Rating: 89%
Cowboys and Aliens has entertaining visuals as well as fun leads in Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.
½ July 21, 2015
Not a connoisseur of Westerns, but so much in this film seemed cliched. More could have been done with a concept like this. As he gets older, Harrison Ford seems to be getting typecast, playing cantankerous characters.
July 15, 2015
Despite the silly and potentially fun premise, Cowboys and Aliens takes itself too seriously and because of it ends up being stale and even boring instead of a goofy and insane good time that it could have been
July 14, 2015
Good fun shoot ' em up with aliens. What more do you want. Implausible? Sure, but who cares it's a fun shoot 'em up with aliens.
Did I mention that this was a great shoot 'em up with aliens?
½ June 2, 2015
What kind of idea was this?!
August 8, 2011
Big budget movie with a cheap horror film feel. Too much random violence, not enough plot