• trailer

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Coyote Ugly Reviews

Nicki M

January 2, 2008
One of those movies you secretly love, but don't own up to. Trashy and fun.
Lucas M

May 5, 2011
Coyote Ugly, brings a large group of beautiful women, and this is the charm to the picture, but this "thing" is terrible, depress anyone that like of good films and is an insult to all filmmaker and film critics. Totally cliche, the old and boring story of the small town girl going to achieve her dreams his a complete crap, what make me want never more see other American film or other made by McNally, Wendkos, Nathanson, Bruckheimer, Oman or anybody that was connected with this garbage. Without funny, a good direction or nice actings, the writers don't have a single drop of piety to his audience. Is a violent attack with scenes and more scenes of pure nonsense. Coyote Ugly, make with that the viewes leave the movies and make them want to puke. This feature-lenght, don't have at least a interesting story or a capacity to demonstrate a wish by the filmmakers of doing a nice work. A useless musical-romantic-drama-comedy, that make me lost 100 minutes. Unfortunately, the money use in this "thing" was thrown away, particularly in U.S., where the independent films struggle to have some money do achieve a few good movies. The rich producers spend his darling sweet cash in an unforgivable gibberish, as like we see in, Coyote Ugly. Terrible plot, screenplay, poor direction and weak actings, McNally's mistake, just like his movie career, is the total of a lot bad things in cinema history, and I just give half star, because I think that my review should stay in one of the first reviews and alert the reader to not lost his time with Coyote Ugly. Rotten, certain rotten.
Dean !

December 30, 2006
An ok film, a lot of style and not a great deal of substance. It's far too predictable but kinda fun at the same time.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
A classic!
Wildaly M

May 15, 2007
The parts with the dancing at the bar are mildly entertaining. The rest is predictable, sappy and forgettable. Nothing special here.
Christopher A

January 22, 2011
Coyote Ugly is a film I first watched as a 15 year old and loved it (I wonder why..). 10 years on and slightly less superficial, i'm left watching a chick flick that really doesnt have much subtance and is ever so dissapointing.

We follow Violet Sanford, moving to the big city and trying to make it as a singer/songwriter. Apart from the dancing girls, this film doesnt have alot going for it with predictable events, lots of dull singing on the roof moments and zero laughs.

"Jim, Jack, Johnny Red, Johnny Black, and Jose; all my favorite men. You can have it any way you like it, as long as it's in a shot glass."
TheGame90
TheGame90

January 19, 2011
Not really a spectacular movie. Average acting. A story that I didn't really feel I care about. I wish her all the luck with her music carrer...But she doesn't need to tell me about it. Wouldn't watch it again.
dietmountaindew
dietmountaindew

August 10, 2010
i remeber i used to see it when my sister and all the other females around urged me to see it with them (female peer pressure, i suppose)...in an age when i could not make much of a decision for myself, even upon a petite thing like movie-viewing...and i could recall right now is how plain piper perabo was and a girl with mousy stage-fright. and those models from victoria's secret stepped into the picture to give an exhibition on the bar-table with an attitude like "i'm a model, and i'm supposed to be so hot and you're supposed to look at me" faux-spunk. a decade passes, tyra banks tries to be ophera now with her talk show and america' next top model.(AH, models are bores) memories went stale. adam garcis still does his "hulky boy next door" routine repeatedly in various romantic melodramas, so? anyway, even thinking of it makes me so bored that i have to write it out to say how bored i get.
Jason O

September 14, 2009
Jersey (Piper Perabo) has a dream of being a successful songwriter. She wants big-name artists to one day, sing the songs that she writes, but she finds out from the start that the music business is not easy, to say the least. She begins working in a bar, which is a little out of her normal personality range, and she even thinks about giving up on her dreams once or twice, but with the support of her boyfriend and her dad, maybe she'll still have a shot.
Before watching "Coyote Ugly," I didn't really know what to expect. I had heard a few people say that it wasn't that good, so I guess I sort of expected not to like it much, but I went ahead and watched it anyway.

Contrary to what I had heard, it turned out to be pretty good, in my opinion. Granted, the story seems overly formulaic, and it might be, but the movie itself is very entertaining. I didn't get bored any and I wanted to see how it turned out, so it couldn't have been that bad of a movie.

Everybody in the film does a decent enough job of acting, and "Coyote Ugly" also has a good soundtrack. You'll get to hear a lot of good music throughout the film, so that's definitely a plus that it has going for it.

If you like entertaining movies about struggle and/or triumph and if you like movies with good soundtracks, then I recommend at least watching "Coyote Ugly," if not buying it. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001. I don't remember the movie as fondly now...actually I don't remember it much at all, which is never a good sign.
Jennifer X

May 28, 2007
Every time this movie plays on tv, I NEED to watch it, if not just to see Tyra Banks dance on top of the table for the thousandth. I know, I'm obsessed.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 4, 2007
i really enjoyed this film i thought it was entertaining and really good well worth a watch
thmtsang
thmtsang

June 24, 2007
Good music. Okay acting. About a quiet girl who goes to the big city. Ends up in a bar dancing.
Sophie B

November 20, 2007
not such a great film, not the type of thing i'd like to watch again! quite boring actually!
Rachel F

May 21, 2007
Love this movie. Piper Perabo is great.
puffchunk
puffchunk

May 6, 2007
they're soooo hot. HA! This movie can suck it.
Michael S

March 4, 2007
Guilty Pleasure in every sense of the word.
deano
deano

March 1, 2007
These sexy female bartendars are hotter in the New York sleazy bar as this feel-good Flashdance meets Showgirls melodrama film.
Tim B

February 5, 2007
I read a review of this movie somewhere that is better than anything I could say about it (probably from Maxim or FHM, or something like that): "Never have I seen so much titilation, with so little tit". Guys, don't be fooled by your girlfriends / wives. There is nothing in this movie for the dudes.
Drew S

January 15, 2007
You'd either have to be a thirteen year old girl or a terminally horny male to enjoy this piece of crap movie. Seriously, this should have signaled an end to the careers of every single actress involved.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 8, 2007
john goodman and tyra banks are the only good things about this flick