40% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

Cradle 2 the Grave Reviews

cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
Even when I first saw this, I felt it kind of hard to buy that a common thief and an Asian law enforcment officer would team up to fight a common enem, but there you go. I guess they felt they needed to give this some kind of plot, no matter how loose or ridiculous to hang a bunch of over the top action scenes and violence on. They could have come up with something far better than this though, that's for sure.

This film isn't really boring, but there's nothing really exciting going on, either. The acting is hammy, and as bad as the writing and directing. I guess some of the fights are cool, but, like I said, nothing to really get excited about.

This is far from good, but I've seen worse, so I guess that's a bit of praise I can give it. I don't recommend this though. Not at all.
thmtsang
thmtsang

September 1, 2007
This movie is like Rush Hour without the comedy. Good action movie. Jet is a cop from Taiwan who has come to the US to retrieve black diamonds that were stolen from Taiwan. DMX is a thief who robs the diamonds from the baddy, who then kidnaps his daughter. Jet and DMX have to work together to get back what they both want.
Dan S

October 24, 2007
Saw enough of it to say IT SUCKS
deano
deano

November 23, 2006
Jet Li and DMX are amazing in their well-crafted, hard-working action flick. The stunts are inventive, including bike chases and martial arts fights.
Jason S

December 28, 2006
You've seen this before. Same as all the rest.
Stuart B

October 3, 2006
PLOP
Cinema-Maniac
Cinema-Maniac

March 22, 2012
To be honest I went into this with low expectations and somehow it went below my already low expectations. With Jet Li being the only redeeming value, and the only reason I saw this, there isn't much this movie offers.

Cradle 2 The Grave is about a jewel thief's daughter who is kidnapped after he steals a collection of prized black diamonds, and that's the closest thing you'll get to a story from this movie. This movie was literally a boring experience for me. It had no interesting characters, no funny comic relief, no focus, and most of all no interesting ideas. This is literally one of the dullest action movies I've seen and lacks excitement in every way possible because the heroes come out invincible. I also didn't care for the characters either, heck I didn't even care about the little girl who got kidnapped as these characters are so thin and poorly written. It's story lacks everything you expect from a enjoyable action movie, even with low expectations it still failed to be engaging.

Now the only person that prevented this movie from being abysmal is Jet Li. Unfortunately he doesn't get many lines, he doesn't get to act, and is only there to fight. Which is another downside as Jet Li Martial Art skills aren't use properly and his fight scenes come out poorly done. I'm serious, not even when Jet Li was using a midget as a weapon gave me any kind enjoyment. Well to be fair to Jet Li he's the only actor in this movie who came out enjoyable and it's a shame that he had to share screen time with these other actors who put no effort in there parts.

Cradle 2 The Grave is a dull action that has nothing interesting to offer, with Jet Li unfortunately being limited in his appeal. It's a boring action movie absolutely not worth your time.
Steven V

July 19, 2008
This movie is not bad at all. This movie tries hard to have a dramatic and thriller edge that is just laughable. The thin plot has to be expected, because it doesn't change lanes, it stays were it starts and keeps going. The fight scene is decent. Basically it is just a direct-to-video action movie, but with star power.
Joseph E

July 25, 2010
Sensational Martial-Arts sequences. this film is pure adrenaline. It doesn't ever stop. It keeps going and going and going.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

October 10, 2009
Seriously, who watches a Jet Li/DMX movie and expects to be blown away by a phenomenal script? As an avid Jet Li fan, I was excited to see this movie. I won't give away any specifics, but Jet Li did an excellent job with the fight scenes. DMX takes center stage as Tony Fait and pulls of a pretty decent performance displaying some cool fighting moves. Everyone gave their best performance, including Tom Arnold, the comedy relief and let's not forget Gabrielle Union with her classy, smart, and outrageously sexy striptease.

The fight scene between Mark Dacascos and Jet Li was amazing and impressive; one of the best scenes in the movie. I love the calm, serene look on Jet Li's face as he sizes his opponents up. It is always a privilege to watch masters at work. He kicks butt with brazen nonchalance while keeping one hand stuck in his pocket. Although the Jet Li protagonist is a good guy, he looks dangerous and behaves like the bad guy. Another highlight is the fight where he takes on the 20 cage fighters in the underworld fighting club. There's also a good chase scene with DMX and an all-terrain vehicle. Be sure to watch the credits for tons of inside jokes.
chadroesti
chadroesti

January 25, 2007
Oh my god this is corny! Apparently, crazy ass DMX has decided the proper attire for stealing millions in diamonds is black tank top, huge gold chain, and baggy jeans hanging half off his ass, yo. Oh, and his acting is hoooorrrriiibbbbblllle.

Uhoh, evil Tiawanese chick just slapped DMXs young daughter...you know that is not is going to end well. Look out evil chicky! You'll get yours in the end! DMX is getting that crazy look in his eye.

Ha they even have the black godfather in the local lockup running the joint in his pajamas and gets food catered. You know that happens in real life. Oh he even has knives, leather chairs, and his own cook! Ain't prison swell?

Jet Li always kicks ass and Mark Decascus has always had great fight scenes in his movies. These two together is a treat for Kung Fu fans. Which, by the way is the only reason to watch this crap...oh wait...just saw another reason, Gabrielle Union strip scene for the pimp wearing what looks to be a light purple corduroy suit! Word!
alanjayh
alanjayh

August 13, 2008
contniuation of the hip hop theme...more spectacular fight scenes...enjoyable for all jet li fans
Kevin M

April 5, 2007
DMX ain't an actor. Every scene he's in suffers.
May 20, 2013
Decent action/martial arts movie. Pretty cheesy at times, but this is kind of a guilty pleasure lol. A little bit longer than it really needs to be. Great stunts and fighting, plus the acting's not bad. DMX has legitimate acting talent, and Anthony Anderson and Tom Arnold provide solid comic relief. I honestly wouldn't have minded a sequel to this.
February 15, 2013
It's a bad thing when the Tom Arnold-Anthony Anderson banter during the end credits is the best thing about the movie.
April 10, 2012
i love this movie so much DMX and jet li did a wonderful job and its creative and epic u never know whats going to happen! :)
January 14, 2007
Okay, I'm completely giving this one a fresh score, having re-watched on DVD awhile back, it actually jumped a full point for me for the scenes between Li and Mark Dacascos. I think I rated it fairly low the first tie around due to my being tired of the idea that you can't make a martial arts movie in the '90s and early '00s without shoehorning at least a handful of rappers or R & B singers into there, but in the more forgiving light of 2011 I figure I can look past this and enjoy other elements of the proceedings.

Worth a rental or a bored cable watch if you haven't checked it out.
sbzibziak
November 16, 2011
Low reviews .. can you really expect it to be a great movie with jet li and dmx?.. no but you can have a movie with alot of great action.. I felt like it was like many other action movies but it had a fun group of actors . overall i liked the action, acting and the music.. also it has tom arnold!
officiallyme
August 29, 2011
not that bad. seeing that this movie was made mostly for the action, it did pretty well, but that's just it, it was mostly about the action! the characters were put in situations just to go back to fighting and not really much else....