"Saw 3" Prologue to Piggyback "Crank"

If you're planning to go see Jason Statham's "Crank," and you like horror movies, we have some good news. If you're going to see "Crank," and you don't like horror movies ... be sure to show up late to the theater.

Here's Gareth from SKNR.net with a special report:

This is some great news for Horror Fans. Very exciting breaking news from Lionsgate. The first scene of the highly anticipated "Saw III" will be shown exclusively in conjunction with "Crank," which hits theaters September 1st.

This is the first time in Lionsgate's history to preview an entire scene prior to its release and is especially unique due to the popularity of this highly acclaimed franchise.

The first scene of "Saw III" promises to be extremely gory and will be sure to shock viewers out of their seats. While we're not allowed to reveal too many details, we do know that the scene showcases the first of Jigsaw's games and will definitely satisfy fan's craving for blood.

If you can't wait to get a peak of what Jigsaw is up to next, make sure you run out to see "Crank" in theaters beginning September 1st. Remember to call and verify with your local theater that the exclusive "Saw III" scene will be shown with "Crank."

Comments

Sadistik

J. P.

[b]yawn[/b]
horror films have really gone downhill if people think the Saw films are good....

Aug 25 - 06:36 AM

South_park300

First Last

i think the saw films are great. crank looks terrible, so i will wait until saw 3 actually comes out

Aug 25 - 08:00 AM

Psycho

Stephen Parks

[b]Pos[/b]
wrong.

Aug 26 - 09:07 AM

Crenshaw

Bryan Winter

[b]I have a bad feeling about this...[/b]

Let's extrapolate this forward a bit. In 1-2 years every major release will be prefaced by 5 minutes of another movie...that you have to sit through. Now, if I was going to see, let's say, Spider-Man 3 and up pops the first 5 minutes of Batman Dark Knight, well, that would rock.

But they won't show you 5 minutes of a movie they already know you're going to see! This is a marketing opportunity. Instead, they'll show you 5 minutes of a movie that the marketing department says needs to be pushed. It'll be a movie that most of the audience won't really care about, and they'll be hoping to make them care and want to see it. It's a mega-trailer.

When I sat down to watch Pirates, up popped a trailer for John Tucker Must Die. That was an awful, painful minute. Imagine if they decided they needed to market this movie a bit stronger to me and show me the first several minutes of the film to try and hook me. That would have sucked.

That's what you'll have to look forward to if this kind of technique becomes a marketing tool.

Aug 25 - 08:32 AM

antickpix

Varun Rajiv

or, they make the fanpeople run to see a (possibly) sucky looking film like Crank to catch the first 5 min of Saw III.

Aug 25 - 10:27 AM

Bystander09

Joe Vaske

[b]Clever B@st@rds[/b]
Watch, 's actually gonna make some money now. I like it. It could be great like Crenshaw said, 5 minutes of The Dark Knight and Spidey 3! But you gotta hope they don't turn it into 5 minutes of a Romance movie before say a Horror movie. They already have frickin commercials before movies, and that sucks. Oh well we'll see what happens with ....

Aug 25 - 10:46 AM

warsaw

jose m

amen!

Aug 25 - 04:29 PM

motionpictures

Brian Johnson

Oh, this is nothing new. They showed the entire first seven minutes of "The Lion King" as a "trailer" before it came out, and another film I can't remember. Personally, I hate it: If it's a movie I want to see, then I want to see it in its entirety, with the "first scene" fitting in with the flow where it belongs. Showing me a part of the film weeks before I get to see the whole thing is like letting some of the air out of the balloon.

Aug 25 - 09:00 PM

Psycho

Stephen Parks

[b]Pos[/b]
wrong.

Aug 26 - 09:07 AM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

"...will definitely satisfy fan's craving for blood."

Just because I loathe the Saw movies, does that mean I don't have a hunger for mutilated flesh? I feel discriminated against. You know, RT, there are non-fans out there who enjoy a good long-intestine devouring. Think twice next time before you offend us.

Aug 26 - 12:17 PM

randal1013

Randal 1013

sounds like a reason to NOT see crank.

Aug 26 - 03:42 PM

kaisha

ddddd ddddddd

I think this kind of marketing only works for certain movies
the saw franchise leads itself to this.... they'll show a scene and then cut it off leaving you feeling "oooh, what happens next??"
if you're sucked in, you'll see the film when it comes out
it wont work for batman -- no 'what happens next moments"

also the thing about fanboy's of the saw series will pay $$ just to see this small snippet.

Aug 27 - 07:03 AM

TheManInBlack

Jason S

i don't think this is a bad idea. We have to sit through at least 10 minutes of previews and crappy "let's all go to the lobby" sequences anyway. why not do this and satisfy some fans and possibly attract new ones. and also, there hasn't been a truly scary movie since The Ring, although i have yet to see the descent.

Aug 27 - 09:54 AM

JBourne

**** off

The Descent wasn't scary, but it was pretty cool. It's different from most horror movies.

I'm a fan of the Saw series. I think they're fun. I don't think they're fantastic films, I just think they're pretty badass. That's the same reason I'm going to see Crank, it looks like it has some badass stuff in it. I know it won't be a great movie, but it'll be cool. So, in my case, putting a clip of Saw 3 before Crank makes sense. There are people who like artsy, cinematic films, and there are people who want to see crazy, impossible shit. Not saying I don't enjoy high-class cinema, but I'll always enjoy a dumb, fun movie.

Aug 31 - 03:29 AM

JBourne

**** off

Aug 31 - 03:29 AM

p0pnfresh2002

Patrick Killimett

It is weird, I just saw Crank and they didn't show the Saw scene and I don't know if I am relieved or upset. I didn't particularly care for the first 2 saws, but the thought of seeing a gory scene from it was something I was slightly looking forward to. Usually the opening death have very little "acting" or "plot" so it is the most entertaining portion of the movie. If they could make a saw where no one talked or tried to emote anything except pain, I'd be the first in line.

Sep 1 - 10:10 PM

saltwatertree

Kyle mauk

I also just saw Crank and didn't see the gory scene from saw 3, I didn't really care for it but my friend was devastated.

Sep 3 - 09:32 AM

saltwatertree

Kyle mauk

Sep 3 - 09:32 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup