Crank 2 Details Revealed

Neveldine and Taylor shooting sequel back-to-back with Game.

Not long ago, we discussed Jason Statham's plans to reprise his role as hitman Chev Chelios in a sequel to Crank. Now, thanks to Variety, we know how the filmmakers intend to pull it off.

According to a report published yesterday, Crank 2: High Voltage is an official go, and for those of you who questioned where Chelios' story could possibly go after the first movie, here's a synopsis for the sequel that we totally swear we took directly from Variety:

In "Crank 2," Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working.

Variety notes that Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, the writers/directors responsible for the Crank films, will follow up the sequel with Game, a "futuristic thriller" starring Gerard Butler and Michael C. Hall. No battery-powered hearts in this one, unfortunately:

"Game" is a high-concept thriller set in a dystopian future. Amber Valletta, Logan Lerman, Alison Lohman, John Leguizamo, Johnny Whitworth, Zoe Bell and Kyra Sedgwick round out the cast. Principal photography begins Nov. 5 in Albuquerque, N.M.

Source: Variety

Comments

Ender7406

Andrew Raine

Thank GOD they are continuing this series. I look wholeheartedly forward to enjoying Crank 8: Crankshaft.

Oct 30 - 05:37 AM

Dr. Evol

Juulut Poulsen

I didnīt care much for the first movie but What Iīm looking forward to this is how they used their Red camera, it should be interesting.

Oct 30 - 05:52 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

you know what, yeah its a stupid plot and the action scenes aren't nearly as crisp as Transporter but...at least they KNOW its a stupid action flick. thats better than some of these movies TRYING to be so serious and ending up laughable. Stathom always is entertaining so they could go to Crank 100 for all i care, as long as its not sad to watch an old action star(uhm...Stallone) outliving his tough guy image. i'm waiting for Crank Cloned...in which well, dude gets cloned and has to defeat himself and steal his own HEALTHY...cells.

Oct 30 - 06:04 AM

0LDB0Y

OLD BOY

I agree Gimy. As long as they know its sillyness, just like Shoot Em' Up, it's going to be a fun movie.

Oct 30 - 06:42 AM

0LDB0Y

OLD BOY

Oct 30 - 06:42 AM

blank blank

bob jones

im all for movies like michael clayton and syriana, but sometimes i just want to let my mind go and watch some crazy mindless fun. bring it on

Oct 30 - 07:08 AM

Sparky4Life

Curtis Applejohn

First movie was ridiculous. This movie will surely out-do the first in the ridiculous catagory. Pure crap. Why not take the money and give it to the poor or make a "good" movie.

Oct 30 - 07:10 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

I agree, the first movie was a let down. I expected something like his Transporter film, but this one was just over the top, mindless crap w/o particularly good action sequences. Statham can do so much better.

Oct 30 - 07:22 AM

MountRussmore

Russ Reilly

First movie was friggin' hilarious. I laughed until I s%&t myself, and then I laughed some more.....

Oct 30 - 07:44 AM

Dread

Gray Thomas

Can't wait. These guys have a great style that made Crank special.

Oct 30 - 07:48 AM

Man_Of_Iron8905

Anthony Perez

Should be stupid fun.

Oct 30 - 08:15 AM

aconline

Adam Collins

Loved the first. Will see this one, too. As long as they entertain me, I am all for it. It is after they stop entertaining me that they get annoying, ie Pirates of the Carribbean.

Oct 30 - 08:31 AM

D-ROCK21

John Dotson

I can't believe it! This may just work. CaN'T wait!

Oct 30 - 09:03 AM

smi1ey

Matt Dunn

if you took the first crank the least bit seriously, you were disappointed. i'm not at all surprised by such a crazy plot for the sequel, because the first movie was just as crazy! it was a roller coaster ride of insanity, and i loved it. definitely will making it out to see the sequel. :)

Oct 30 - 09:29 AM

Bardego

Robert Hamer

That could be......

That could be the worst premise I've ever heard.

Oct 30 - 09:38 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

I took a really big dump this morning, I wonder if there's gonna be a sequel to that as well.

Oct 30 - 09:43 AM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

Would you count my morning **** as a remake?

Oct 30 - 10:13 AM

smi1ey

Matt Dunn

Oct 30 - 11:53 AM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

Oh I wasn't disappointed at all, it was the most entertaining piece of **** I had ever seen.

Oct 30 - 03:21 PM

RetroDigital

Josh Fischer

Didn't he die at the end of the first one? Man, anything to make a stupid sequel these days!

Oct 30 - 12:14 PM

Bloody Mathias

Mathias N/A

Chip Chelios has worse days than Jack Bauer.

Count me in. :D

Oct 30 - 12:30 PM

Goosemagnetic

Mike Gainer

awesome. I LOVE HOW MUCH BALLS THEYVE GOT to actually do this. You know, its nice to see a movie that says "Screw logic, screw popularity, we are doin it our way!" and thats what movies are about...making the impossible possible. I love that they are doing this. Jason Stratham is badass enough to survive, even death!

Oct 30 - 01:19 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday