Five Favorite Films With Bai Ling

Summary

Rotten Tomatoes caught up with actress Bai Ling (Red Corner, Southland Tales) on the verge of her latest film, Crank: High Voltage, to talk movies and learn more about the bold and sensual artist, who at times is better known for her off-screen persona than her expansive body of work. Below, find out which romantic classics and modern films Bai Ling names among her Five Favorite Films and, and read on for our in-depth conversation about her work, her life, and her pursuit of happiness as we peel back the layers of the force of nature known as Bai Ling. Back to Article

Comments

inactive user

Jared King

"Man, even I don't think that highly of myself!"

I doubt that.

Apr 15 - 09:49 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

LOL what are you trying to say?!?!? Ledawg, I wouldn't expect this coming from you... I thought we were HOMIES!!!

Apr 15 - 10:08 PM

inactive user

Jared King

We are, I'm just messing with homes!

Apr 15 - 10:33 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

No prob dog.

Apr 15 - 11:02 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Apr 15 - 10:08 PM

inactive user

Jared King

We are, I'm just messing with homes!

Apr 15 - 10:33 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

No prob dog.

Apr 15 - 11:02 PM

inactive user

Jared King

We are, I'm just messing with homes!

Apr 15 - 10:33 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

No prob dog.

Apr 15 - 11:02 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

No prob dog.

Apr 15 - 11:02 PM

Jason C Wilkerson

Jason Wilkerson

I have Southland Tales on my Netflix queue, maybe I'll move it up to right after I finish Terminator 2, The Abyss, and the Alien Quadrilogy (that's how out of the loop I am, I haven't seen any of those yet). I've been really interested in seeing it since I heard that part of the Billy Walsh's directorial career arc in Entourage was based on that of Richard Kelly (the semi critically successful first film followed by the flop that was released straight to DVD).

The problem with Hollywood is that screenwriters write for race, even though the movie doesn't require it. There are so many roles that could easily have someone of any race playing the role, but for some reason the script describes the person and blond, brunette, black, or Asian. Like in Lucky Number Slevin, the character of Lindsey could have been played by someone white, black, Asian, Hispanice, etc, but they opted to go with Asian. Why don't they do that more in Hollywood?

Apr 16 - 08:42 AM

inactive user

Jared King

Only watch the first two Aliens. Just because Alien 3 has a good director dosen't make it good. And Alien: Resurrection...yeesh.

Apr 16 - 10:16 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Well technically its not a Director's Cut, since Fincher had like no control over Alien 3 and wanted to have nothing to do with the DVD.

Apr 16 - 12:24 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Apr 16 - 10:16 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Apr 16 - 12:24 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Apr 16 - 12:24 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

I hated Alien 3. So boring. I guess it was aiming to be some kind of high-minded metaphor of the AIDs epidemic. Whatever. Sucked. ALIEN is one of the best horror films of all time, Alien 2 is a great actioner.

Apr 16 - 03:14 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Ledawg, Jokerboy, get a room. ;-)

Apr 16 - 03:27 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Its bromance Matanuki! You just don't understand. I thought you were apart of are gang... but I guess I was WRONG! ;(

Apr 16 - 05:55 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Apr 16 - 05:55 PM

ohmemercylard

Jimmy Reeves

she is hilarious, and rather oddly endearing. she was on a cruise i was on last year [i saw her the week before telling TMZ, "I go big boat!" -- she's only been in this country for 40 years, but like the great zsa zsa and charo before her, she will never lose that accent or learn to speak the actual language], and even after observing her up close for a week, i have no idea how self-aware she is about this persona she performs. either way, she cracks me up, and i will follow her forever. according to her, she is the biggest star in all of China.

Apr 16 - 10:28 PM

ohmemercylard

Jimmy Reeves

bai ling personally requests that you try to bring the conversation back to her ...

Apr 16 - 10:31 PM

StonetheCrow

First Last

" It's the first to have the most feminine -- the most brilliant, modern, intelligent, female character ever in a Hollywood film that portrayed Asian characters. "
Who proves her worth by ****ing the white guy.

Apr 25 - 02:42 AM

Haiku

haiku dream

Being an asian women, i think that bai ling is kind of wacky but I couldn't deny her acting abilities when I saw Dumplings, which is a Chinese film she starred it. It does make a difference to watch someone in their native language verses trying to act in english. And her sex appeal is undeniable in any of her movies. I will say that my interest for her started when she appeared in Wild West with Will Smith. It was a small part but she was stunning. That's my two cents.

May 2 - 04:12 PM

Tia S.

Tia S

I actually REALLY love the list. Even though she didn't chose it, it's nice to see she mentioned The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Adore that film.

Jun 8 - 12:11 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>