Crazy Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crazy Eyes Reviews

½ November 12, 2012
As unrewarding as the main character's sex life, "Crazy Eyes" is an attempt at being trendy and clever all while completely missing its mark. Repetitive and completely unbound from any sort of cohesion, the talented young cast of Luke Haas, Jake Busey, and the exceptionally sexy Madeline Zima are completely wasted in their weak, paper thin roles that do absolutely nothing for them, both in the Indie world and in their long futures ahead.
April 9, 2013
Super frustrating, but undeniably interesting, with a very good performance from Lukas Haas. While I think the film has been savaged a little too unfairly by the critics, I agree that there is a repetitive nature that begins to wear thin around the 45 minute mark.
April 9, 2013
November 25, 2012
First view: wasn't a total waste of my time but at the end felt nothing for any character maybe slightly for "crazy eyes"
½ November 12, 2012
October 9, 2012
So apparently someones life is actually based or more so been an inspiration from the film "Leaving Las Vegas"? Only this film doesn't even come close to the mastery of the previously said title, and with some more ficticious and engaging characters, this could have been really good. Otherwise the acting is top notch here. Just the direction and script could use some serious re-writing as well as making the characters of this true story actually seem like real people other than straight from script drones.
October 6, 2012
Call me crazy (you won't be the first) but I feel that the independent movie "Crazy Eyes" was able to achieve its vision of a man and a woman consumed by troubles who resort to each other and a few bottles of the finest spirits to uplift their spirits. "Crazy Eyes" stars Lukas Haas as Zach, a pre-middle aged California man, wealthy by probably inheritance nature, who has a crazy crush on a younger recluse of a gal called Rebecca who bottles up her escapism with a few bottles of Jack Daniels, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, and the rest of the usual liquorish characters we have all come to ingest from time to time. Rebecca does not reciprocate the same affection that Zach has for her, but nevertheless keeps him around; maybe for his money, or maybe because they share the same taste in beverages. Zach is divorced from a gold- digger beauty who wants the green from the Zach machine to keep her in the upstate Cali beachside world. They share a young son who Zach does visit and loves, but then again Zach should not be applying for any "Father of the Year" Award. Zach is primarily consumed with his lust for Rebecca and his passion for drinks, drinks, and yet more drinks. Zach's best buddy is a Cali bartender (no shocker here) named Dan Drake, also quite a lush himself who consumes his own inventory among a plethora of hardcore drugs. "Crazy Eyes" is not a balanced film whatsoever, and Director Adam Sherman does helm it with an unorthodox style which is not pretty in nature, but somehow it does have an effect; which is pretty much a microcosm of most of our drunken nights. Sherman scripted "Crazy Eyes" with Dan Reeves, and their screenplay is not a classic one and it falls short in trying to mirror some of the bravado elements of "Leaving Las Vegas", but somehow it gets the job done. Haas performance was solid as Zach. However, Madeline Zima's work as Rebecca was a bit overacted, and it seemed like that she had way too many Zima bottles to get into character. Jake Busey, Gary's son, performance as Dan Drake served up some good thespian ingredients. And Tania Raymonde's "easy on the eyes" work as a drug-addicted sleazy deserves a second round of work in other movies. "Crazy Eyes" is not a perfect structured movie whatsoever, but it did give me tipsy enough to buy into it, and vastly enjoy it. ***** Excellent
July 4, 2012
looks like a good intense movie
April 22, 2012
Best camera look of SXSW 2012 but unfortunately the old Barfly short story where a rich millionaire falls for a young beautiful woman does not attract anyone. Much better than "Somewhere" though, say the actor is more convincing than Stephen Dorff. But you get it.