Crazy Lips

Crazy Lips Reviews

Beefy
Beefy

August 12, 2007
"Crazy" is a fairly apt description of this film. What starts and feels like an unexceptional and predictable horror film continues to defy narrative expectations by taking one weird turn after another. Not that this makes the film terrific by any means, but it certainly kept me engaged enough to keep watching. The director was clearly influenced by Twin Peaks and David Lynch, and not all in good ways.
Christopher B

August 29, 2009
Crazy is definitely an understatement here. I feel sorry for the folks who rented this because of the cover of the DVD stating that it's from the same folk who brought you The RIng, Ju-on and Audition, because this is a bizarre, bizarre film.
A mother and 2 sisters seek the help of a psychic couple to prove that their brother hasn't followed their father's footsteps and become a murderer. Sounds fairly straight forward huh? Add to that kung fu, necrophilia, rape, a musical number, sexy dancing newscasters and lots of weirdness and most folks would be throwing their remote at the TV. Not me though, I quite dug it. Sure it's strange, but it's consistently entertaining and certainly unpredictable to say the least. Now I got to watch the sequel, Gore From Outer Space!
lurple
April 15, 2008
Headless schoolgirl ghosts, bodies dismembered with a hacksaw and doused with sulfuric acid, crazy psychic killers, kung-fu battles with pipes and axes, and musical numbers... That's awesome. Where did this movie go wrong?

Well, for me it went wrong with the rape scenes. Not one, not two, not even three, but many rape scenes. These scenes serve no real purpose other than to amuse, and I'm sorry but I just can't find this entertaining.

Folks with an interest in the weirdest sort of thing cinema has to offer, and who are interested in exploitation/shock films might find this interesting. It's sort of like Takashi Miike at his strangest but without the talent. Everyone else should already have a pretty good idea from the first two paragraphs of this review that this is definitely not something they'd want to see.
Gravegirl
May 3, 2008
Good god! Why hasn't anyone told me about this movie before I discovered it in a $3 bin at my local used disc store.
To cut to the chase-it's a masterpiece of disturbance.
This movie is over the edge of any I've experienced in years.
Shock and awe.
You and your movie comrades will laugh all the way through.
A movie not to be missed by late night horror fiends.