• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Crazy People Reviews

John K.
May 18, 2014
How's this for a ringing endorsement of a movie? "There are worse comedies". Wow. I'll have to remember that one next time I wish to give a movie a thumbs up but it's just really not a very good movie (always wondered why critics bend over backwards to skew their review towards the positive? They must have their reasons I suppose. And there are so few good things coming out of Hollywood these days). Actually the clips on Youtube are pretty funny.
January 13, 2014
Worth seeing just for the ridiculous ad slogans and insane asylum characters.
December 15, 2013
Emory Lesson works as an exec at a major ad agency. One day he decides to be brutally honest, in advertisements for some of the biggest products in the world. So the company commits him to a mental asylum. But then it it turns out that people love the truth.
March 29, 2013
A drop down laughing classic.
February 24, 2008
Another 80's film done really well. Very funny.
July 23, 2012
It's funny! Haven't seen this film since I was a kiddie!
February 1, 2012
Dudley Moore is a great character actor, and he shines in this light-hearted film about truth in advertising. Although panned I thought it was hilarious.
blackpearlnr
December 25, 2011
Film yang dibuat UTS gw, nonton bareng2 di auditorium F. Psikologi UI. Cerita seorang lelaki yang bekerja di bagian iklan sebuah perusahaan. Ia dipecat karena membuat iklan yang terlalu jujur, bahkan bosnya memasukkannya ke rumah sakit jiwa. Di rumah sakit ini ia banyak belajar dengan pasien2 pengidap gangguan jiwa yang lain. Dia berteman dan bermain bersama mereka. Di rumah sakit itu pula ia bertemu dan jatuh cinta dengan seorang gadis yg jg mengidap strees karena menunggu kakaknya yg tak kunjung datang dr tugas perangnya. Karena suatu mis, iklan2 yg telah dibuatnya dipublikasikan, dan ternyata iklannya membuat produk2 perusahaannya laku keras. Namun keberhasilan ini didaulat bosnya sebagai hasil kerja kerasnya. Bersama dengan teman2 sakit jiwanya ia melakukan rencana untuk membalas kelicikan bosnya, disinilah ia mencoba mengoptimalkan kemanpuan teman2nya untuk membuat iklan yang jujur dan menjual. Ia berhasil membuat teman2 sakit jiwanya menjadi orang2 yg produktif. Cukup inspiratif....
March 10, 2006
the WORST piece of unfunny shit i have watched recently.
November 12, 2011
I came, I saw, I wasted my time.
DJ E.
June 11, 2011
I don't understand how this movie isn't rated much higher. It is absolutely hysterical. One of the better comedy scripts of the 90s. Dudley Moore is great and the ads he comes up with will make you laugh out loud.

Once he goes to the funny farm the other patients are some of the most quotable characters I've seen. Outstanding writing and acting. Don't pay attention to the meter on this one.
PAMA
August 27, 2010
As a person living successfully with a mental illness, I would not endorse the movie ?Crazy People? starring Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah. The movie description of a psychiatric hospital looked more like a five star hotel, causing the average Joe who watches this movie to think that people in a psychiatric hospital are undeserving of stay?s in the lap of luxury unlike any hospital stay in a psychiatric hospital I have had. I was glad to watch a movie where people in a hospital had a chance to be in a work environment for the first time in their lives, however inappropriate pay and recognition for a job well done is a true insult to the mentally ill in this country that work hard and provide services that benefit the society around them. The movie did demonstrate an unfortunate historical truth (thankfully no longer lawful in today?s day and age) demonstrating how those patients who achieve success in hospital based vocational rehabilitation based jobs were often committed for a period beyond their time for discharge because they were so good in the hospital jobs they were assigned to that ultimately provided profit for the hospital they were committed to.
Unfortunately character portrayal?s in this movie were not as much a symptom of mental illness as they were criminal or aggressive acts which often times leads people to be fearful of those who are living with a mental illness when in reality people living with a mental illness are much more likely to be victimized by aggressive criminals than the other way around. I suppose many people would find ?Crazy People? to be entertaining however it was far from an accurate or realistic snapshot of people living with mental illness. Simply put, the movie did not match up with reality as I have experienced it.
In conclusion, the movie ?Crazy People? was filled with a lot of myths about mental illness. Although the production team did their best to demonstrate comic relief, my fear is those that choose to watch this movie will have a difficult time with not generalizing the behaviors portrayed by the mentally ill. Such stereotypical behaviors of mental illness include violence, low functioning, child like, idiotic and stupidity all of which are not common characteristics of anyone I know that?s living with a mental illness. Although I can?t say enough bad things about this movie, the last point I will make in this review will be: Would the story line be considered funny if the movie made fun of a hotel full of people living with a stroke, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer?s, Parkinson?s, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinabifida or even Aids? If you think outlining comedy that makes fun of the above diseases can be described as ??Really big laugh?s?? like Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times stated in his review of the movie ?Crazy People? you might be as sick as those who made this movie.
BeccaDanielle
July 28, 2010
Crazy People is hilarious.
January 26, 2009
While the mental patients are clearly actors, the idea for this film is great! Very entertaining :)
heavyd2000
November 23, 2008
A verry funny film. Worth watching for the comercials alone.
goezy
June 28, 2008
I watched this because I like Darryl Hannah. I think it was a "nice" story with a few fun moments.
No thinking required.
megalion
May 28, 2008
It might have been released in 1990 but the script was definitely written in the 80s.

I'm fond of Daryl Hannah but now I have to wonder if I've inflated her acting skills in my mind. She came off as petulant instead of neurotic.

I've never been a huge Dudley Moore fan but I've liked things he's done. This felt like a phone in job for him.

It really felt like the leads were all thoroughly bored and distracted. They'd 'wake up' and realize it was their line and deliver it and then zone off again.

It was mildly amusing to see Paul Reiser playing a similiar character to the corp hack in Aliens.

The only thing I would recommend this movie for would be the funny "honest advertising" campaigns that the movie's plot centers around.

Daryl Hannah: 1 star
Daryl acting badly: -.5 star
Funny ads: 1 star
It's an 80s movie and I love the 80s: 2 stars
It's a dated 80s movie that fails to enchant: -1 star.
Summary: 2.5 stars
February 25, 2008
I can't stand Dudley... GAH!
February 23, 2008
Very cute comedy! Has alotta heart!