63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Creator Reviews

deereagle
January 23, 2009
I do not know why I loved this movie, maybe because of the undying love and what this man wanted to do to get the love of his wife back.

Always loved this movie and the Professors undying love for the love of his life.
PeppermintShrek
February 25, 2007
The best Sci-Fi, Romantic Comedy that I've seen yet. Plus there are 2 sets of tits including Mariel Hemmingway's tits before she ruined them by enlarging them (I don't care if they are big or small as long as they are ALL yours).
Mark H.
December 15, 2013
Creator is a better film than its reputation thanks to a fine performance by Peter O'Toole and a good supporting cast including a young Virginia Madsen, Vincent Spano and David Ogden Stiers. The film has its flaws, but is good-natured and often funny if too often sentimental. The plot is actually quite clever for the mid-80's - Peter O'Toole has been cultivating his dead wife's cells for 30 years until technology allows him to recreate her using the fertilized egg of a another woman. It feels just plausible enough to be compelling, and we do wonder if Dr. Wolper will pull it off. O'Toole looks and is cast in a role of a much older man (he was 53 at the time), but his charm and charisma make this worthwhile despite its flaws.
ngdale27
December 19, 2013
Yet another movie I thoroughly enjoyed - twice - but that the Rotten Tomatoes collectivity seemed not to. Mind you, the number of reviews is pretty slim which can make the stats shalt. This was unquestionably schmaltzy and Roger Ebert that there ends up being a lot of different sub-plots but unlie the late, great critic, I didn't find it at all confusing but could see the intentional parallels developed between three great loves - Wolper's for his late wife, of course, but also his slow grudging mutual fall for the prodigal Meli and then his lab assistant's love. It all comes together well, I think, when the brilliant Wolpert must attend to the living rather than the quest for recreating Lucy. The interactions between Meli (Mariel Hemingway) and the rulebook-thumping colleague-competitor of Wolpert's Prof. Kuhlenbeck (David Ogden Stiers) are themselves worth the price of admission.
December 15, 2013
Sad to hear O'Toole left us. Made me think of this 80s movie which I really enjoyed back then.
November 12, 2007
Amazingly quirky and romantic. Don't let the cheesy cover put you off! This movie is heartwarming and optimistic and better than the book it was loosely based on.
September 15, 2013
Moments of absurdism played off like a smart drama are few and far between. This movie builds on endless potential and is wry with interesting ideas, but ends up going nowhere with anything--becoming the simplest and most cliche of romantic films...even on this level, the romance is un-followable and odd.
ddell
December 22, 2009
A little silly but quite charming. I could watch Peter O'Toole read the newspaper, and the young Virginia Madsen is dazzlingly beautiful. A fine date movie. If you can't enjoy it, then you don't get, as Harry puts it, "the big picture."
Mike R.
September 7, 2009
This is one of those fun, enjoyable films that aren't too challenging, have a cadre of actors that do a good job and has an interesting plot.

I thought Peter O'Toole is touching and does a wonderful job in the film. This is one of the few films I see Vincent Spano in, but he does a great job as well.

Well worth a bowl of popcorn, a blanket and cuddling with someone to watch for the evening.