Critters 2: The Main Course - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Critters 2: The Main Course Reviews

½ February 21, 2013
Definitely not as good as the first movie, of course, but I thought it was humorous and fun. It is still more gory than Gremlins, which is good, I liked that part. The story isn't the best, but it didn't feel like it needed to be anyways. It's enjoyable.
WrenchLT
½ March 28, 2011
More of the same really but on a bigger scale with the action moving to a small town rather than the nearby farm house. A bunch of familiar faces from the first movie return to do battle with the Critters once more. Slightly better than the first I thought.
½ July 30, 2010
The sequel!!! its bigger, better and even today a really good horror comedy :)
This is everything the original was but simply with more of everything that made the first good, the gore is upped to the max with loads of silly, bloody moments that make you laugh and wince haha plenty of critter attacks and chewed up human remains hehe
There are many decent touches in this film that really makes it better than the first, which is unusual for a low budget B-movie. The cast is mainly the same which keeps good continuity, the bounty hunters are back and we see alittle of their backstory and life off earth as bounty hunters, alittle insight into intergalactic law and other alien life which is nice. We get a nice story arc, surprise death of a main character, some really nice effects that hold up well today, some good amusing moments, funny critter deaths in various silly ways and as said plenty more blood n eating.

Its basically a rerun of the first but with everything pumped up and bigger...as all good sequels should be, more along the lines of 'Gremlins' this one, popcorntastic!!
DragonEyeMorrison
½ August 23, 2008
This franchise is so underrated. It's Gremlins but with an Aliens twist, there's a lot of fun to be had here for sure. The rest of the sequels are not this good.
February 27, 2009
These flicks are nothing but cheese. But that's why I like them.
puffchunk
October 23, 2007
Okay.
deano
½ March 13, 2007
The sequel horror film takes off where the first one ended, but dwells too much on a dopey subplot.
May 4, 2007
At times, hilarious.
½ November 11, 2014
Critters 2 is fun, and as good as the original. The acting is still entertaining but the effects look quite fake sometimes. I'd recommend it to fans of the original. 54/100
January 11, 2014
Pretty good, but mostly because of the FX (and the bounty hunters). The acting I favored more in #1, because here, its not really bad, just a little bit hollow. An upside is that the bounty hunter work better in this one and It is a fun film.
½ April 3, 2012
Critters 2 is a tad better than the original but it still fails to bring the cheesy comedy that makes Gremlins and The Leprechaun superior. The effects are bad but all in campy fun. The acting isn't terrible but it isn't The Godfather. Critters 2 will be enjoyed by horror/comedy fans but probably won't be anything that needs to be seen if you didn't care for Gremlins.
½ May 12, 2013
A pretty stupid sequel, and unnecessary, but I couldn't help having fun watching it. Sorta like a spoof of the original.
July 10, 2012
After fearing Critters was going to reach redundancy, Critters 2 added something to the concept that made this one enjoyable and unique from the original, the giant Critter ball!
½ May 5, 2012
Actually learns from the mistakes of the first movie and fully embraces the Gremlins style and plot and has huge fun exploring the creature invasion of a small town. Aside from Gimzo you can complete transpose the Gremlins for the Critters in every scene. Imaginative scenes give the critters loads more screen-time, and the odd new ability to freshen things up, as the slapstick heroes try to contain the infestation.

As a movie it sits perfectly along side an evening of Gremlins and Tremors for inventive, invasion, creature features.
½ March 11, 2012
About as fun as the first, though there's a bit of nudity in this one. Fun characters, humorous moments, decent gore, and a giant hairball. A nice watch.
December 10, 2009
A fullfilling sequel, and went places I never knew a PG-13 rated movie would go, ( you know which scene I mean) Kill Crites!!!
November 26, 2008
sometimes, it is better than one, but now i think its worsre, but not as bad. its more graphic in my opinion, but actually funnier, in a dark way. theres a nude scene, and me and my dad watched it, i was yong, and had no idea, my dad was a little mad since i was like 6.
funny to mention that in the first, the climax, there was a critter thet grew huge, in here they all get morphed together into one giant ball. in my opinion, its not that bad, one of the better ones.
½ October 31, 2008
Still n a great not necessarily a great flick, but for a sequel it is comparable to the issue. The Super Critter Ball thing is very laughable, as well as the sounthern restaurant the Hungry Heffer scene. Not a creepy film at all, but fairly entertaining nonetheless.