Critters 2: The Main Course - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Critters 2: The Main Course Reviews

½ February 21, 2013
Definitely not as good as the first movie, of course, but I thought it was humorous and fun. It is still more gory than Gremlins, which is good, I liked that part. The story isn't the best, but it didn't feel like it needed to be anyways. It's enjoyable.
WrenchLT
½ March 28, 2011
More of the same really but on a bigger scale with the action moving to a small town rather than the nearby farm house. A bunch of familiar faces from the first movie return to do battle with the Critters once more. Slightly better than the first I thought.
½ July 30, 2010
The sequel!!! its bigger, better and even today a really good horror comedy :)
This is everything the original was but simply with more of everything that made the first good, the gore is upped to the max with loads of silly, bloody moments that make you laugh and wince haha plenty of critter attacks and chewed up human remains hehe
There are many decent touches in this film that really makes it better than the first, which is unusual for a low budget B-movie. The cast is mainly the same which keeps good continuity, the bounty hunters are back and we see alittle of their backstory and life off earth as bounty hunters, alittle insight into intergalactic law and other alien life which is nice. We get a nice story arc, surprise death of a main character, some really nice effects that hold up well today, some good amusing moments, funny critter deaths in various silly ways and as said plenty more blood n eating.

Its basically a rerun of the first but with everything pumped up and bigger...as all good sequels should be, more along the lines of 'Gremlins' this one, popcorntastic!!
DragonEyeMorrison
½ August 23, 2008
This franchise is so underrated. It's Gremlins but with an Aliens twist, there's a lot of fun to be had here for sure. The rest of the sequels are not this good.
February 27, 2009
These flicks are nothing but cheese. But that's why I like them.
puffchunk
October 23, 2007
Okay.
deano
½ March 13, 2007
The sequel horror film takes off where the first one ended, but dwells too much on a dopey subplot.
May 4, 2007
At times, hilarious.
½ April 3, 2012
Critters 2 is a tad better than the original but it still fails to bring the cheesy comedy that makes Gremlins and The Leprechaun superior. The effects are bad but all in campy fun. The acting isn't terrible but it isn't The Godfather. Critters 2 will be enjoyed by horror/comedy fans but probably won't be anything that needs to be seen if you didn't care for Gremlins.
½ May 12, 2013
A pretty stupid sequel, and unnecessary, but I couldn't help having fun watching it. Sorta like a spoof of the original.
July 11, 2008
When furbi gets revenge. Jk, Evil little beasts roll up into a bundle and feast over human flesh. Watch out... they shoot out pision darts from under their skin to paralize you.
½ May 5, 2008
Same town, same creatures, and only two of the previous characters. Almost worth watching to see a young Scott Grimes with an earring.
½ March 7, 2008
Well what do you know? a sequel that can actually be better then the original. This has more action, more special effects and of course that hot memorable scene where a bounty hunter from space turns into a gorgeous nude blonde centerfold played by Roxanne Kernohan.
August 25, 2007
Brad Brown returns home. Then there are more Critters. Not as good as the original, but still pretty good.
½ July 15, 2007
Directed by Mick Garris (Pyscho 4:The Beginning, Sleepwalkers, The Stand) made an enjoyable sequel with better special effects and a bit more explicit violence. CRITTERS 2 has to be one of the best Sci-Fi/Horror films ever made!! It's a blockbuster!! It is full of great Special-Effects, Fun Characters, and it's an all-out good time! I'm surprised that this film doesn't have more recognition. There's action, suspense, and the countryside town of Grover's Bend gives the film a great Atmosphere. Scott Grimes is back as Bradley Brown, who returns to Grover's Bend to spend Easter Vacation with his Grandmother. Unfortunately, some of the Critter Eggs that had been undiscovered in the Brown's old Barn are about to hatch and the Town is in for a Big surprise!! Also returning are Don Opper AND Terrence Mann as the space-hopping Bounty Hunters who come to finish off what they thought they had destroyed before! The Town that never believed Brad Brown suddenly learns that the Critters are real and must all join forces to try and stop the critters before they become Lunch! The comedy elements in Critters 2: The Main Course become distracting & feel a little out of place at times, when a Critter bumps it's head we hear birds chirping on the soundtrack, or when a Critter has the hair on top of it's head shot off it looks at itself in a reflective surface & says 'b*tchin' or when Lee turns into a topless model (Roxanne Kernohan) from a Playboy magazine complete with a giant staple in her stomach which she pulls out & throws away. There seems to be less straight horror this time around which is a shame, the atmosphere & threat is also missing because of the increased comedy elements, although I did like the obligatory 'comedy relief' character of Harv.
The Critter Effects are Top-Notch and the film is fun and exciting!! Just like the first CRITTERS, Part 2 is a cult classic and deserves better recognition!!!
½ June 29, 2007
Not enough horror movies take place on Easter. Probably because of the whole blasphemy issue. This one was much more like Gremlins than the first one except with more blood and nudity.
June 5, 2007
This is by far my favorite critters. I don't like thism ovie so much cause it scares me more because it makes me laugh so much.
March 30, 2007
A great 1988 sequel to "Crittiers", the Krites's offspring are wrecking havoc and hungry in Grover's Bend. The return of Bradley Brown, Charlie, the 2 alien bounty hunters Ug and Li are there to stop them.