Movies Like Crocodile Dundee II

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Crocodile Dundee II Reviews

Phil H

March 29, 2013
Well we're back in the land of the rising sun...no wait, well the land of the bloody scorching sun anyway. Yep, the inevitable sequel to the original hit and to be fair, I have no qualms about it. The first film was a breathe of fresh air and managed to capture the fun spirit of old fashioned adventures with a charming hero perfectly.

This film did well upon release but got bad reviews, I don't really see why to be honest. Sure the plot is a bit textbook, daft and over used, but the whole idea of the Aussie bushman still trying to find his way around the modern big city of New York with its cultural differences, lingo difficulties and his general ignorance of anything outside of the outback is still just about amusing.

Can't deny that there are moments when your thinking surely he's heard of that before! or seen one of those!. When Mick fails to pick up on a Richard Nixon impression and then admits he's never heard of Nixon...yeah OK you've been living in the wilds of Oz but SURELY you've heard of Nixon! come on!.

The main let down for this film is the stupid ass plot. Its basically your standard baddies kidnap Dundee's girl and he's gotta save her. This incorporates much silly nonsense involving kiddie street gangs dressed in awful 80's 'gangwear' helping Dundee out, its lame.

The second half of the plot (two halves just like the first film) sees Dundee and Jane...I mean 'Sue Charlton' back in native Oz hiding out from the bad guys who are now after them for revenge. All that way just for revenge? is it that important?. Anyway we are then given an overly long series of chase/hunt sequences where Dundee uses his bushman talents to defeat the bad guys one by one.

Kinda got the impression that the despite the fact the first film was a big success it didn't involve any violence or bad guys for Dundee to kill, and this is why we have this bog standard sequel storyline. First film was a nice romantic Prince Charming type story, this is Hollywood action time...Aussie style.

What's even more off putting is both Dundee and Sue are in mortal danger during this time from the drug dealers hunting them yet they treat it like some kind of happy camping trip with lots of hugs n kisses. The director can't decide what he wants, remain a lovey dovey romcom or venture into some proper jungle/desert killing action. Obviously it stays on the light side which equals some rather silly tame bad guy take downs which aren't really believable for the situation. The situation quite clearly shows that all the bad guys need to be killed off.

So yeah the story is crap and that's a shame because the franchise is fine for a sequel. There is just enough juice left in Mick Dundee to squeeze out another fun film. The visuals gags are still keeping afloat just about, Hogan still looks the part perfectly as do all other cast members (great continuity) and the imagery of wild Australia in all its glory with the adding of more Aboriginal folk is still very welcome and quite original. But most importantly, overall its still a fun film that just about delivers...by the skin of its teeth.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 25, 2011
Sequel to Crocodile Dundee, this is a decent attempt at a sequel with a good cast and a decent enough story to keep you entertained. The film is not as good as the first, but it's still good entertainment. Paul Hogan returns as Mick "Crocodile Dundee". This sequel is a decent follow-up and combines action and comedy well enough to entertain the viewer. Sure, the film isn't as good as the first, but the film is still fun. The cast do a good, and the story is engaging enough for you to be entertained and have a good time. The film is weaker than the first and does kind of drag out, but it manages to be fun nonetheless. This is a decent comedy and the plot should keep you interested. Fans of the first may enjoy this, but of course it's not as good as the first. For what it is, Crocodile Dundee II does entertain and manages to be a fun film but it's clear that the story could have been improved upon. As a sequel is concerned, this film is much better than most. Of course, the film lacks the fire of the original, but for what it is, the film is a decent action comedy with a story that's entertaining enough to please fans of the first. I enjoyed this film, but not like the first. The film, like I said was a tad weak, but despite this fact; it's still amusing. For a sequel, Crocodile Dundee II is better than most that's for sure.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I liked this movie, it's not great, but it's just as good as the original. It's funny and I liked it.
KJ P

September 25, 2010
Crocodile Dundee II is definitely not as good as the first, but it has all of the same heart and soul as the original was portrayed. It is much weaker, but still an okay addition to a brilliant original!
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
The first one was an excellent filsh out of water story, so I wonder how this one got so messed up. The story isn't bad, and the movie isn't boring, but it's just kind of flat and dull, which sucks. This could have been lots of fun.
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
Not quite so good as the first but still a firm favourite!
Lady D

July 27, 2006
Equally as great action as the first with an enjoyable new storyline, with a little more added comedy thrown in.

A very worthy sequel.
Tim S

July 30, 2007
Again, nostalgia, part 2.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
I don't need a gun. I've got a Donk.
Rachel F

August 8, 2007
I love all of the Crocodile Dundee films, so I liked this one.
Dean !

December 31, 2006
Same as the first but starting in the city and then going to the outback.
kpn666
kpn666

May 19, 2007
Not as good as the first, as it goes, but still a good night in with me old mate Mick Dundee!

Now, having conquered the urban jungle, Mick and partner Sue land in trouble with a vicious drug dealer, and Mick is off to the rescue again! :-)

Some good moments, like the suicide guy where Mick is taking a stroll around the ledge and asks "Do you mind moving out the way?" which leads to a hilarious conversation between the doomed man and Mick who still doesn't quite understand that not everyone is as cheery and go lucky as us Aussies!

And the fight scene in the underground station with a killer, with the aid of two Japanese Tourists, to which one says to the other:
"You know who that was?? CLINT EASTWOOD!" :-)

Its when the trip back to the Oz bush is when the things start up well, and Mick shows why he's King of the Hill down under. :-)
Tim B

March 7, 2007
Oy! It stinks!
garyX
garyX

February 26, 2007
Completely by the numbers sequel that just rehashes the same jokes in a rather more charmless and contrived way.
deano
deano

December 19, 2006
Fine with little laughs and goes for action with Paul Hogan chasing after some drug traffickers who've taken Linda Kozlowski.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 11, 2007
they should have made like 10 of these, this flick is classic
Jason S

December 27, 2006
Good. It threw in a little action to the mix.
Sarah G

August 30, 2006
Very funny
Dann M

February 14, 2014
Delivering more laughs from Down Under, "Crocodile" Dundee II continues the adventure. When Sue is abducted by a drug cartel Mick rescues her and takes her to the Outback; where he can keep her safe and draw out the cartel on familiar ground. While there's a lot more action in this sequel, it still includes a good amount of humor; with Mick as the small town guy in the big city. Though the plot's a little contrived, "Crocodile" Dundee II is a lot of fun.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
Crocodile Dundee 2 is a pathetic sequel that I truly believe was made for nothing more than money. The cast was still good, but the plot loses the touch that made the first film good, and it ends up being just another bad Hollywood sequel.