The Crow - Salvation Reviews

March 28, 2015
the franchise runs out of gas here.
November 13, 2014
½ June 17, 2014
Roots of the original film are present in this installment. The story actually feels worthy of being a Crow movie. However, it is cheaply done with a few cheap visual effects. It also doesn't look as cool. So it comes off as something that could have been a good sequel if it had a bigger budget.
September 6, 2014
Watchable but doesn't light my fire!
February 11, 2010
There are two ways to make a good sequel. Returning the original cast for a send off to the original or doing something completely new. This does the 2nd. Throws some mystery elements into the story and does not try to copy the original. the only good sequel to the classic original
June 2, 2013
When Alex Corvis (Eric Mabius) is framed and executed for the brutal murder of his girlfriend, Lauren, he returns in the form of The Crow.

Intent on avenging Lauren's death, Alex, as The Crow, finds himself locked into a deadly conspiracy which threatens Lauren's younger sister, Erin (Kirsten Dunst).

Alex, once the victim but now the hunter, races against time to uncover a city wide conspiracy of lethal corruption.

also stars Jodi Lynn O'Keefe, William Atherton, Fred Ward, Grant Shaud, David Stevens, Dale Midkiff and Walton Coggins.

directed by Bharat Nalluri.
November 17, 2013
Bad acting, no character depth. Were supposed to be sold on the cinemetography, but its certainly not enough to make this watchable. Falls waaaaayyyyyy short of the original.
November 14, 2013
Well... itself to me if I liked the third installment, the plot is realistic. But I realized that this movie is based on a novel called The Crow: The Lazaru Heart, and i do not recommend it to any fan of the crow
½ November 7, 2013
Eric Mabius was quite good.
½ July 30, 2013
There is a Crow 4 with both Tara Reid and Edward Furlong. This one somehow manages to be worse.
½ July 14, 2013
Better than The City of Angels (which wouldn't be hard), but only marginally so. Alas, the visually interesting nightmare landscape is gone, although the story a little less derivative. Eric Mabius is not trying to be Brandon Lee, but has very little character even so. Why, oh why, when someone makes a decently original movie, do we find the dsappointing sequels continue? Oh, of course, they need to nurse the cash cow into oblivion! Planet of the Apes, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Matrix, Highlander, Underworld (well, one sequel with Michael Sheen was good), etc. I guess one must just learn to live with disappointment.
April 15, 2013
I think this movie deserves an award for its awesomeness!
March 31, 2013
didn't even come close to the first one, but not horribly bad
½ March 5, 2013
A surprisingly good sequel. It was interesting to learn that the movie wasn't even technically finished when they released it! Some SFX had to be polished amongst other things. Eric Mabius was a great "Crow." He was insane and fun. Ashe from the second movie was depressed all the way through, relying on just one particular emotion. Draven in the original at least had a philosophical outlook on life about his character.

'Salvation' had the most original plot of the franchise, even more so than 'Wicked Prayer' which almost repeated the story of the first film. The bad guys are not as intimidating as others in the other movies but they still deserved everything they had coming to them.

Kirsten Dunst plays Erin, the sister of Corvis's dead fiance. She overacts here and is unfortunately not one of her finest performances but Fred Ward's presence makes up for that. Telling you what character he plays would be spoiling some mystery of the story, though.

There is a good blend of action and story in this one, and entertainment wise this one easily beats 'City of Angels.' It may be sacrilege to say, but I would even say that Eric Mabius's performance was on a par with Brandon Lee's. My apologies to those that give Lee the sympathy vote because of his death.

Give this one a watch.
January 5, 2013
This just insults the original Crow.
December 7, 2012
A few flaws but otherwise enjoyable movie, may be boring moments but only fleeting ones.
December 5, 2012
Tries hard to be a cool dark movie & fails miserably
November 19, 2012
Pretty good, but still does not go with the orginal.
October 31, 2012
Returning to basics, The Crow: Salvation delivers an entertaining thriller full of exciting action. In this installment, the Crow resurrects a wrongfully executed prisoner so that he can find the true killers of his girlfriend and avenge her. The storytelling is fairly good, and is full of intrigue and suspense. However, some of the directing is weak, and the actors aren't that charismatic. But, the action scenes are well stages and add a lot of energy to the film. Though it doesn't live up to the original, The Crow: Salvation is a solid revenge thriller that stays true to James O'Barr's vision.
October 25, 2012
Like what a lot of people said, it's better than the second and fourth one but nowhere near as awesome as the first.