The Crow: City of Angels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Crow: City of Angels Reviews

½ July 12, 2007
Excellent and underrated film. People say it is bad because they compare it too much to the first film but this is a story that has nothing to do with the first one. The production design, cinematography and music are first rate. Vincent Perez is excellent as the crow. It would be perfect if we ever get to see the extended version.
½ April 20, 2007
12/26/2013: Not good. The only good thing was Mia Kirshner.
½ December 19, 2013
It's obviously not as good as it the original, but it's decent enough. Vincent Perez just doesn't have that brooding attitude that Brandon Lee did. Seeing Thuy Trang post-Power Rangers was nice to see as well.
½ November 7, 2013
Not bad. Seeing Vincent Perez in Queen of the Damned made me give it a second look.
June 22, 2007
The Crow is back by way of a tattoo artist to seek out revenge. However, unlike the first one, this one feels completely forced. The characters were boring, the acting bad, the story just didn't work. It felt incredibly like a straight to video release in its cheapness. I liked the first Crow, but this was terrible.
½ October 11, 2013
Not a bad sequel the plot it's a little fimiliar to the first one
½ August 12, 2013
Just as incredibly dark and bleak as the original, and entertaining on the whole. While Vincent Perez's Ashe Corvin does not possess the same amount of intense emotional energy as Brandon Lee's Eric Draven, his tragic death and his struggles to adjust to life in the afterlife is heartbreaking is its own way.
July 25, 2013
More a remake than a sequel, City of Angles lacks the energy and the direction of the original while additionally suffering from poor acting and choppy editing.
July 14, 2013
The nightmare landscape has visual interest, but lacks the logic that comes from a coherent script, so it is just weird for the sake of being weird. Vincent Perez is usually a fairly good actor, but here he just flails, literally, through most of the scenes. The story is just a poor imitation of the first, far superior, film, which had real style, not to mention the verve of Brandon Lee. This film is just disappointing.
½ June 23, 2013
Ugly, horrible sequel. Sweet soundtrack though.
January 5, 2013
An incomplete film. Scenes altered and cut by Miramax, which caused not appreciate a movie that was 160 minutes. The comic's Crow City of Angels shows what he really was, which includes the deleted scenes.
½ May 24, 2013
Poor remake of the original.
May 21, 2013
Aumentando su tono oscuro, su ritmo lento y añadiéndole un innecesario toque gótico y sadomasoquista, "The Crow: City of Angels" vuelve a contar la misma historia de venganza de forma aburrida y desagradable desde las actuaciones hasta la trama.
April 26, 2013
It was okay till the end then it was like "what?" Although if you watch the second movie before the first like my friend did by mistake it seems to have a better reception.
March 31, 2013
its been a long time since i've seen it but i thought it was okay
February 2, 2013
1st Crowe was better I did like this one to because has a great movie soundtrack an also Iggy Pop is a Bad Guy in this movie
January 23, 2013
Set in a post apocalyptic L.A., a man who is resurrected as the mystical creature known as the crow is out to get revenge for the murder of his son and his wife. The setting is wasted in favour of an underwhelming revenge plot, and the film is needlessly overstylised as well as filled with clichés. Iggy Pop stars as a villain.
January 23, 2013
very good movie. not better than the 1st one though
March 28, 2012
I hated this film when I first saw it. I was very excited. I had loved the original. I devised an intricate plan that involved me catching a specific bus immediately after school to get to the movie theater in time to see it on opening day. Then I walked out of the theater angry and frustrated. It would be years and several viewings later before I would realize why. I was comparing it to the original. It's not exactly fair to do that in this case. Brandon Lee was gone and would never appear as The Crow again. And after thinking about it, if he had it would have been pretty ridiculous. The same person just continuously coming back from the dead. This film threw almost everything away, save the concept of a crow returning a soul from the dead for vengeance and the character "Sarah", and started fresh. It took me a while to appreciate it in it's own right. I had also been somewhat disappointed by it because I had read the novelization first and the books are usually better than the films. This movie creates a wonderful otherworldly type feel too an original crow story and Vincent Perez fits it beautifully. Yes, ever once in a while it suffers a couple bad lines of dialog and I definitely would not have played "I'm Your Boogeyman" when Ashe exists the burned-out warehouse, despite my affinity for Rob Zombie. However, as a standalone Crow film, I believe City of Angels hits most of the marks.