Cruising Bar 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cruising Bar 2 Reviews

½ April 19, 2013
Cruising Bar 2 is a funny comedy that boasts a good story, effective laughs and a memorable cast. I really thought that this was one of the finest French comedies in a while. The cast do a fine job in their roles, and there are plenty of memorable moments on-screen. I really thought that the film was a well structured and must see comedy for fans of Quebec cinema, and French comedies as well. The film is not perfect, but it does overcome its flaws by being an original and highly engaging sequel to a Canadian cult hit. I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare. However this is an entertaining film from start to finish and the comedic material works very well in giving the viewer something truly special. Low budget comedies like this are simply wonderful to watch because the filmmakers put more effort into their films than most big studios that simply don't care about delivering great comedy. The lead actor Michel Côté is wonderful to watch on-screen and his comedic delivery is terrific and much more hilarious than many big comedians working in Hollywood. This is a well crafted film that is original, well acted and constantly funny. If you love these types of films, give it a shot, it is definitely worth seeing. Cruising Bar 2 is a rare example of a Quebec comedy that doesn't rely on a separatist message for its humor. This is a smart comedy that puts it above most comedies from the province. There are plenty of good elements to enjoy and there is something for everyone looking for a good laugh.
½ November 12, 2010
They are back again cruising for women. It was not funnier as the previous one but a much happier ending for one character which he did not had in the first film.