67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Cry-Baby Reviews

September 17, 2014
AHHHHH I LOVE HIM OMG JOHNNY DEPP IS SOOOOOO FINE
January 31, 2010
the best classic musical Ive ever seen. story was freakin hilarious. the costume and the concept of 50's is amazing! the funniest musical ever! johnny depp performance as cry baby is partly like Elvis.
Fave Part;
*when cry baby walker revealed to his girlfriend Allison that his parent died in electricity!! (electric chair) the reason why he was afraid of lightning/thunder
*trying to escape from jail with the help of hilarious mouse!
*first performance of crybaby and Allison
those scenes were soo funny!!!!
5 stars!. it is not just that johnny depp was here.... Despite my personal bias.. this film is deserving.
February 11, 2010
(First and only viewing - 5/1/2013)
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

July 20, 2014
Johnny Depp's first starring role is as a sensitive "drape" who falls in love with a "square" in this campy John Waters juvenile delinquent musical. There's quirky humor (love the orphanage modeled on an animal shelter), and the doo-wop styled music is good, but the (deliberately) cardboard plot and underdeveloped characters failed to engage me.
June 25, 2008
Tries very hard to be a parody of Grease, but just ends up being painful to watch. Characters change personalities at the drop of a hat and though we're supposed to be rooting for the drapes, they come off as even more idiotic than the squares. Then it runs out of steam half-way through and rushes towards a contrived happy ending.
May 4, 2014
If you like campy musicals or have a Mel Brooks sense of humor then you'll like this. I want to know how many takes it took for them to get through the "hysterectomy pants" speech without anyone busting out laughing.
April 30, 2014
Love me some Cry-Baby
April 28, 2014
love his voice simply could not stop laughing
April 5, 2014
Ummm, what the hell did I just watch? I get that it's supposed to be campy, and it hit the nail on the head with that one, but it was kind of stupid. Laughably stupid, but just stupid. I'm really not sure what to think of this. It made me angry, annoyed, and confused, but I couldn't look away. It is just WEIRD.
March 25, 2014
the whole thing is essentially a cartoon but man is it a lot of fun
it's funny and the music really rocks
Johnny Depp is Cry-Baby from the wrong end of Baltimore and Allison is the pristine, good-girl
the story is basically 'West Side Story' with all the forbidden romance stuff
there's a lot to like from the young generation being separated into two classes particularly from the 1950's era
the film moves very fast too which isn't a sin in itself
one of Depp's finer films
February 27, 2014
Teenagers in the 1950 battle to be hip or be square. Johnny Depp plays Cry Baby, the leader of the coolest gang around. He falls for a Square (played by Amy Locane) but society wants to keep them apart. This movie has it's cool and funny joke here and there but the songs didn't do it for me.
February 26, 2014
This movie was not at all what I expected. It was funny and quirky and odd. I loved it!
starlett2005
December 16, 2013
Cry-Baby is an excellent film. It is about a bad-boy with a heart of gold who wins the love of a good-girl, whose boyfriend sets out for revenge in 1950s Baltimore. Johnny Depp and Amy Locane give amazing performances. The script is well written and the music is also enjoyable. John Waters did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed this motion picture because of the humor and music.
ca7l
November 27, 2013
i am surprised...all the remakes we have seen this year the organisation has not remade The Warriors it is still a fantadtic film.
November 20, 2013
A 1950's set musical that stars the slicked back hair, black leather-jacket wearing bad boy, the preppy, good-girl blonde bombshell and their inevitable attraction to one another has famously been done in the 1978 film Grease. Twelve years later, schlock (and camp) master John Waters got his dirty little fingers to hit record on the camera and produced his interpretation of this sort of story in the 1990 film Cry-Baby. The story is simple, the musical pieces are catchy (and cheesy), and the characters are all memorable (Hatchet-Face, for better or worse, comes to mind) in what all comes together in an experience that is very unique, offbeat and surprisingly satisfying.
November 3, 2013
Parody=yes, entertainment=NO! You must have better things to do with 1 hour and 25 minutes.
March 20, 2008
A bizarre concept that would be much more enjoyable on the stage as it was intended. Decidedly colourful and inspired in its design and direction, however.
August 1, 2013
Take "West Side Story", "Grease", "American Graffiti" and "Happy Days", put them in a paper bag, shake them up, add a dose of John Waters and Bawlamer lifestyle, and you have "Cry-Baby". Only John Waters can get away with a cast that is as diversely talented. Ranging from Patricia Hearst (can't act her way out of the paper bag even if it's wet) over Traci Lords (yes, that one) to Johnny Depp, you'll experience everything from dismal to brilliant. Half a star off for the heavy hands of Hollywood suits who had to keep this romp at a PG-13. Some of John Waters' bite is, therefore, lost. Bottom line: A hoot. Oh, and hair... really big hair.
January 31, 2012
Why did I watch this? Fuck Johnny Depp
July 17, 2013
hatchet's parts were the funniest. some good songs. LOVE looking at traci lords.