Cry Wolf Reviews

May 13, 2008
This was a thriller, okay one at best disguised as a horror movie which it wasnt in any sense. A decent story idea keeps this a float.
TheDudeLebowski65
November 5, 2012
Interesting idea that never takes off due to a poor script. The film had a good premise, unfortunately there's nothing going for the film, and I found myself bored watching this. Acting wise, the actors here are poor and none of them have any screen presence. This is meant to be a Slasher film, and it borrows heavily from the 1980's hit April Fool's Day, which was superior. This film lacks any suspenseful moments to really make it a fun and entertaining film that delivers top-notch scares. Mildly amusing in the long run, Cry Wolf could have been a much better film if the script would have been better. This film doesn't have anything effective in delivering chills and it is a scare free, predictable affair that is a perfect example of a mediocre horror film. This film could have been much better than what kit turned out to be. Unfortunately with sloppy direction, this is an unfocused picture that doesn't offer anything worthwhile for genre fans. As far as I'm concerned, this is a film that is poorly thought out, one that doesn't deliver and one that is pretty forgettable. This is a poorly acted film to boot and the director clearly can't craft a memorable terror experience. Cry Wolf is practically a rehash of previous ideas from other films, and you can clearly see where the cracks in the film lie. Mediocre and it's a shame because the film had a pretty ingenious idea and it's a shame that the filmmakers couldn't craft a more entertaining film in the long run and it ended up being a misfire due to a paper thin plot and poor execution of the material.
½ January 25, 2008
Have just rewatched this one. Don't know how my original rating was 4. Hmmm... It is an okay horror with an abrupt ending. The real star here is Lindy Booth as Dodger. I don't know how this girl didn't go on to have a more successful career, as she is quite interesting on screen. (Or maybe she has and I just haven't seen the type of movies she stars in these days, will have to check that out). Jared Padalecki is not in it all that much, and he's pretty much an oaf here. Obviously this one was before he became well known on Supernatural. The rest of the cast I think were no names, apart from Jon Bon Jovi, and the less said about that the better (although in all fairness he is okay. He plays a sleazy teacher, so it's probably ideal casting for him).
½ May 11, 2007
I had very low expectations of this film given the reviews I had read, but it was actually okay. It's certainly not the standard slasher film I thought it would be, though I can't say it was a jewel of modern cinema either. Jon Bon Jovi does make a hot teacher though.
½ August 2, 2006
Cry Wolf has all the ingredients of a typical teen Horror, the not so great acting, cheesy lines, usual predictability, however the storyline is actually a pretty good one, with an enjoyable ending and had this been acted better, I think this is one that could have been one of the more memorable teen horrors.

More intensity needed possibly more gore, but definitely lacking in jump out of your seat moments.
RCCLBC
½ October 13, 2008
They tried...they REALLY did try.

They tried to be creative and 'cutting edge" and clever, but alas it is (ultimately) just your avergae horror film.

I'd almost rather a film just be bad. It's always more frustrating to me when I can see the potential for a good story over run by stereotypical plot lines and cliche "twists".
May 24, 2007
Too much tease and no pay off.
January 1, 2007
Not sure how I stumbled across this film but I am glad I did. Not very well known but considering the cast includes Jared Padalecki (Sam from Supernatural), Lindy Booth and even Jon Bon Jovi amongst others, as well as being made fairly recently it deserves better publicity! It has a good plot, good acting and a good twist to. It's not that scary to be honest and won't satisfy gore fans but otherwise an allround enjoyable film. Similar to Urban Legend, Scream and another slasher but I won't name it as it'll give twist away!
July 8, 2007
A wreck of a movie. I expected a clever school slasher film, but it's tedious and silly. I wanted to like this movie very much after hearing its description.
½ May 17, 2011
A decent slasher flick.
December 9, 2010
"Cry Wolf" this was a really awesome movie great story you had no idea that it would have ended like it did, but it just wasn't scary enough so that didn't make the ending seem so shocking like it should have been. for instants the saw films were intense throughout the hole movie so the ending as like holy s**t did that really happen?? but this was lacking the intensity through out the hole thing so the ending was like i would have never guessed but wasn't like oh my gosh thats so freaking shocking. but overall this was good i liked the characters i liked the scenes and i liked the costume ha ha.
½ May 29, 2007
This was a REALLY good movie, very entertaining, and just when you think the end was obvious and you figured it out a long time ago, they throw you a curve.
June 19, 2014
This had potential, but it fell short.
May 31, 2006
Hollow and toothless wannabe slasher fare, rescued by one crucial element : a suavely manipulative script that effectively ratchets up the dramatic tension as it goes along, instead of deflating like most dead teen movie third acts. It's not particularly inspired nor is it very frightening, but the slick direction (impressive for a film budgeted at 1M$), decent performances and curious where-is-this-going vibe make it a fun diversion for the lovers of the genre.
nickymo89
½ June 4, 2007
only barely ok...nothing original or particually well made about it
½ May 11, 2007
Mediocre, half hearted story about a bunch of unlikable high school kids who want to create a murder, capitalizing on a real murder victim. That alone should make anyone loathe the cast of characters, but that's the least of their unlikable attributes. They constantly eff each other over and talk behind the others back with nary a positive quality amongst them. Still, wasn't bored or too peeved by it, and I did watch it after viewing a real piece of poop called The Illusionist, which makes this seem Shakespeare in comparison.
September 3, 2006
Very boring and unscary. Only see if you like a good laugh, if you like being disappointed by bad endings, or if you like Lindy Booth.
December 16, 2012
Surprisingly good for a movie of this type. The plot is full of twists and never quite predictable. Good acting and excellent atmosphere.
½ April 11, 2011
the biggest piece of vile shit ive ever seen...it was fuckin lame boring unoriginal lack of HORROR and lets not forget the lack of acting i havent such a horrible movie in a really long time