Curse of Alcatraz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Curse of Alcatraz Reviews

May 31, 2010
What a great idea for a movie, a supernatural horror flick, that was actually filmed at Alcatraz prison. There were a dozen ways to make this film work, even on a shoestring budget, unfortunately they didn't use any of them. The story begins with a construction crew doing renovations on the old prison, which is now a national park. The team uncovers a sealed off room and when they begin digging, they find human remains. Did the body belong to a guard or a prisoner? No, they belong to Native American, who would have died long before the prison opened, but was somehow found inside this room. After a long period of non-sense, it is discovered that the body is cursed, and causes anyone who comes in contact with it, to go on a killing spree. This could have been a great mystery about some crime at the prison that was never known or solved. Maybe it could have been a good ghost story, but no, it had to be some weird possession story, that made no sense what-so-ever. The story starts out interesting, but quickly becomes a complete joke. The writing is horrendous and performed by a less than adequate cast. The only name of recognition was Jose Solano, a soap actor, who was on Baywatch the last couple of seasons. For some reason, he is in a wheelchair and does nothing but joke about being crippled. Sometimes really bad Horror films can get away with cheesy acting and a bad story, as long as they make you laugh, but there is nothing funny about this movie. Even though it has a creepy cover and was filmed in a really cool location, Curse of Alcatraz fails to deliver and is a complete waste of time.
September 10, 2012
Low budget and dreadful.
½ February 26, 2012
Totally disappointing :|
October 8, 2011
The full star is for the great shots of Alcatraz.
½ June 20, 2011
meh it was ok there is a head smashing scene that is awesome
January 18, 2010
I was fooled by the cover art into thinking this movie would be entertaining but I was painfully mistaken. The voices of the "actors" are barely audible at times, the picture was way too dark and the kill scenes were bland . Every aspect of this movie seems watered down and dull.
November 1, 2009
Not very good, filmed on 20$ budge.
September 28, 2009
The remains of an ancient native American starts this story off and ends with the violent and at moments confusing tale of how science and the mystical can sometimes meet. Good enough to keep you guessing a bit! It is rated R.
July 29, 2009
it's good for a low budget film if u have no expectations! Llast 30 minutes was the only thing worth seeing... but not again
June 17, 2009
la pelicula la pricion de alcatraz es buena
February 26, 2009
This is a good flick if you're trying to 'get away' from the daily situation, ... otherwise, it'd be a boring slasher film.
The plot runs smooth and the characters cover the gambit. Following the cast-aways, the dark and grainy takes over the enjoyment effect.
Anyhow, a very solid three. If I would have had to watch the last thirty minutes, this would have gone a 3.5 or maybe a 4.0.
½ November 9, 2008
I didn't even bother watcing this all the way through. I thougt it was way too boring.
½ October 10, 2008
I LIKED THE MOVIE. I WOULD SEE IT AGAIN. IN FACT I SAVED IN FAVORITES! WATCH IT IF YOU LIKE TO BE SCARED!
April 26, 2008
Lame! Bad music and pathetic acting attempts.
February 24, 2008
The storyline started out decent.. but you can see this was a low budget film.. the audio was off throught the entire film.. way too much echo.. some of the kill scenes were a bit cheesy.. and I would have to say that it wasn't a CURSE as the title states... it was more of a virus called CDC which attacks the brain and stimulates the ceribral cortex and increases your insanity levels and cause a psychotic episode or until you go insane...
½ February 8, 2008
Totally disappointing :|
½ January 28, 2008
I didn't care for this movie. The acting was cheezy and I was disappointed.
September 19, 2007
Yet another uninspiring horror film, the low budget is certainly not a plus. The score is intrusive and the sound is very poor. The acting isn't bad, but thats not saying much. The plot is stupid and it fails to scare.