Dad Reviews

½ October 14, 2010
I just watched this 1989 movie. How the heck I missed ever seeing it is beyond me. It was really, really good. I have never been a huge Ted Danson fan (other than Cheers days maybe), but he did a wonderful job..and so did the rest of the cast. I miss Jack Lemmon. He was one of my all time favorites. Too bad he's gone.
deano
December 6, 2006
Jack Lemmon gives his fine performance, even if it is through a mound of make-up.
½ January 3, 2009
Tear jerker, run of the mill however, Jack Lemmon is the one to watch in this one.
May 8, 2010
A very cute and touching film. I've never read the novel but have always been a big Jack Lemmon fan. Not so much for Ted Danson. Worth watching if you love your father.
½ October 31, 2007
A yuppie must return home to care for aging Parents.Dukakis and Lemmon are all star wonderful. Danson(Cheers), plays a father who sets things right in his family.
½ May 7, 2007
A wonderful movie for a father and son. Jack Lemmon gives off his best performance, along with Ted Danson. A must see movie for all men with fathers and sons!
April 15, 2007
this is an awesome MOVIE... if you have a easy touched heart and have lost a loved one.. can be a real tear jerker
½ August 3, 2015
An emotional tear-jerking film that overuses the emotions even for its own good, yet is saved by Jack Lemmon's believable performance as the 78-year old Jake Tremont, who, after his wife suddenly collapses, eventually learns to take care of himself with help from his son John, ably played by Ted Danson. And Ethan Hawke, in his early years of acting, gives a good performance as John's son Billy, who has a somewhat recent falling out with his father.

Not the best film from Amblin, considering E.T., Back to the Future and Jurassic Park, but is worth a watch.
½ April 16, 2015
Nice to see Lemon again....would've been nicer in a better movie.
September 1, 2014
I just watched this for the first time. I loved it I don't know what other movies it was in the running with in 1900 but I bet if this move had been made today, Jack Lemmon would have had a best actor nomination instead of only a nod for the Golden Globe. He was terrific. There were a lot of important lessons in this heartwarming movie.
June 17, 2012
I loved this poignant film and the casting was amazing. Bittersweet and funny and as a care aide doing home care for seniors...all too real. Two thumbs up.
March 27, 2012
I know it's overly sentimental and emotionally mechicanical but I'm a sucker for it each viewing
½ November 26, 2011
Love this movie...10 handkerchiefs for sure.
½ February 12, 2010
Getting Older Is Soo ERRR.. And To see your parents get old And Ill Is A Hart Shredder!!! That Is the Worst Part Of life I Say ..
The mother Dose so much for her husband she made him Completely Dependant On her And Everyone ...The son Comes Home After mom Winds up in the hospital To Be with dad Till she gets well .. And Finds That He is needed More Than Expected..
I CRIED MY EYES OUT !! Must have been in a sensitive mood that day ;p
Verey Good Family Film About LIFE and The realitys Of aging ..
June 15, 2007
Very well meaning film, but also very over sentimental. Nicely acted, especially by Jack Lemmon, who as always is terrific. Ted Danson is a bit over his acting capabilitoes however. Olympia Dukakis shines in a supporting role. rather depressing.