Dr. Who: Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. Reviews

Directors Cat
November 2, 2011
The sequel to the painfully heartless Doctor Who and the Daleks is a vast improvement in terms of cinematic excitement. The action sequences are more thrilling and for what it is it is actually quite scary at times. This film adaption of another classic Who serial "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" ultimately has a charm and bright classic feeling to it that the original never possesed.
September 5, 2010
I've never watched the Dr. Who series, but seeing this movie makes me want to start. It's got a great story, and cool special effects and everything, I really liked it.
ScoopOnline
December 19, 2009
Based on a story from the BBC TV serial "Doctor Who". Dr. Who and his companions arrive on Earth in the year 2150 AD, only to discover that the planet has been invaded and its population enslaved by the dreaded Daleks. The time travellers assist human resistance groups to foil the Daleks' plan to mine the Earth's core.
garyX
½ October 5, 2007
Peter Cushing stars in this big screen adaptation of the long running children's sci-fi TV show, introducing himself as "Doctor Who" much to the chagrin of Who ner...I mean aficionados everywhere I'm sure. The invincible (well, as long as you don't tip them over or put a tarpaulin over their heads) Daleks are an old favourite, but it's effects show the obvious constraints of the budget although Cushing makes a perfectly affable Doctor, portraying him as an eccentric old buffer. Unfortunately, the presence of Bernard Cribbins combines with an absurdly inappropriate soundtrack and juvenile humour to make it seem more like "Carry On Time Travelling". I think kids are far too used to fancy CGI to take to this kind of thing, so the only audience I can see for it are ageing nostalgic Doctor Who aficio...I mean nerds.
DrLappos
½ September 2, 2009
They still scared the pants off me up until recently...and with this fantastical array of coloured mobile bins with guns you will love it too.....
September 13, 2011
Better than the first film, but mostly because of Bernard Cribbins. Peter Cushing is better as Dr. Who as well, and the fact that this is based on a better TV serial than the first movie was helps as well. This one is based on The Dalek Invasion of Earth...but this movie, while being in color and having way better visuals and effects...lacks the heart of William Hartnell and the cheap old rickety black and white TV Who. In that sense it doesn't differ much from the first film...but the TV story here had a real emotional core...and its lost in the film translation. The Cushing Films are an interesting addition to the Doctor Who world, but they certainly aren't canonical, and they are more about the special effects than character or story...but the visuals are stunning, even for mid sixties. These films still look good even today.
March 5, 2009
again threw this in there..i like the more recent dr. who stuff but Baker was the best Doctahh

again threw this in...Baker is the best Dr. Who though
May 5, 2007
The funny thing is, this sequel to the so-kitsch-it-hurts "Dr. Who and the Daleks" is actually quite good. In fact, it's better than the 6-part serial upon which it's based. Not everything works, but it gels better with a more studied performance from Peter Cushing, good support from Andrew Keir and (oddly) Bernard Cribbins, and solid, uniform Daleks and Robomen. Still a little kitsch, but good stuff, all the same.
April 28, 2007
Great follow up to Dr. Who and the Daleks. It also shows how the Dalek design for this film carried on to the New Doctor Who (2005) series 40 years later.
February 23, 2013
Honestly for a story that bases off one from the 1st Doctor (William Hartnell) Era I liked it, Not only were the Daleks Deliciously Technicolored by rank, we get to see more of their tech, power, I also love the way how they portrayed the "Robomen" than they did in the show, don't get me wrong, my heart is with the series, but honestly Peter Cushing makes an amazing Doctor, if there was an extra regeneration between 1 and 2 I would make Peter Cushing that regeneration. The girl who played Susan was absolutely adorable. Too bad they never got to the 3rd film
August 11, 2010
I like the look and feel of the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies, but they are fairly boring from a story point of view.
½ November 15, 2012
A disgrace to the original show.
February 9, 2012
If you are a true lover of Scifi you can't miss this movie I remember watching it on a Saturday afternoon as a kid it was good then, and is still good now. "it what all Scifi should be"
November 16, 2011
I would like to see it as soon as I find it!
Directors Cat
November 2, 2011
August 5, 2011
This is a really entertaining movie, which I think betters the first.
It has an amazing cast, tonnes of action and explosions, and follows the TV serial very well, whilst still being different.
Although it was poorly received when originally brought out, I think it is a wonderful movie that shouldn't be forgotten.
½ July 29, 2009
The Cush is the Doctor and does battle with the Daleks with help from Bernard Cribbens where they must go to WATFORD of all places to give them a good kicking.
½ September 11, 2009
Just like the original film that preceded it, Daleks Invasion Earth continues the boring plot and average acting that disapoint the Doctor Who fanbase. The Daleks don't even resemble Daleks, and I can't help feel that without them it wouldn't really be a Doctor Who film.