Damages - The Complete First Season Reviews

½ April 7, 2010
A TV show that comes across like a movie every single episode, well written, well shot, well acted with an amazing cast great stuff!!!
½ November 30, 2009
Fantastic, compelling thriller series. This is one of the most complex new tv-art-series of the last years. Not only in terms of writing and suspense but also of great acting on part of Close and co. Shot like a 13 episode movie.
August 27, 2009
The pilot starts out great and then gets progressively less believable and finally becomes a schlock-thriller. What do the other characters see in the new young lawyer? Why is Patty raving about her? I don't see it. All she does is stand there looking cute and clueless. Even she would detect the B.S. Then the thriller stuff starts, and I don't believe it. Seems to me there is too much at stake for these shenanigans. This is loser stuff. Too bad. The show gets too clever and too manipulative. I hate this way of fooling the audience. Cheap thrills that are not really thrilling. What a let-down. But it gets better. Episodes 2, 3 & 4 are uneven, but when this show is good, it's riveting. It may not always make sense, but it is never boring.
½ July 17, 2009
Terrific writing and superb acting. I can't wait for Season II to come out which I hope is before Season III starts.