Dark Tide - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Tide Reviews

½ May 12, 2013
You know you're in trouble when a films opening lines are shamelessly plagiarised from another (better) film. There are some very nice shots of sharks in this (although some, again, are obviously from other sources), otherwise this is unbelievable, boring and predictable.
½ April 30, 2013
Halle Berry? Sharks? Yes, please!

I've gotten used to that almost all shark movies are really awful but this one was surprisingly good. The sharks didn't look like they were CGI from the 90's and plot was far better than in your average-shark-film.
April 14, 2013
Somewhere inside "Dark Tide," there could have been a decent B-movie approach. But the movie fails to excite the audience. Halle Berry is still in her physical prime and works with what she has. The shark footage is pretty cool at times. However, the real action doesn't come until the last act, and even there, it's disappointing. "Dark Tide" drags and lacks the imagination and suspense one would find in movies like "Open Water" and "The Reef." It also doesn't help that one of the characters is downright unlikeable. It's more unfortunate for Halle Berry, who can't seem to ever top her standing ovation-worthy, Oscar-winning performance in "Monster's Ball."
March 30, 2013
really nicely made, graceful animals... but the actual movie lacked direction, I didn't see the need for the poacher scene.... that fact that it looked so good helped a lot, but should of had a lot more depth and maybe a twist in the story...
½ March 29, 2013
This was a dark and disturbing movie. It is not at all what one expects when watching a movie about swimming with sharks. In my opinion bad decisions cause all of the tragedies in this movie and could easily have been avoided. This one definitely left me the feeling that the story wasn't over yet. Maybe that was just Berry's awful acting and the hope that it would get better by the end...
March 4, 2013
Monday, March 4, 2013

(2012) Dark Tide

Halle Berry stars as Katie for as a result of some trauma regarding a former friend being ate up a by some sharks she now resorts to after many months the same work but not shark tours anymore, but other sea mammel tours. Meanwhile, her ex Jeff(Olivier Martinez) makes attempts to reconcile his relationship with her. Viewers would have to tolerate many pointless bickering between Berry and Matinez.

1 out of 4 stars
February 2, 2013
nice photoshop cover
January 22, 2013
Worst sharks film ever. I just wasted an hour and half, and also $8 on rental! I dont mind the money, but give me back my wasted time!
½ January 18, 2013
The half star is because I like sharks...
½ December 31, 2012
Halle Berry, bikinis, and sharks from the guy who directed Blue Crush - how bad could it be? Lets just say Piranha was art compared to this dreary boring mess. Avoid at all costs.
December 11, 2012
Halle Berry takes a dip :)
December 4, 2012
While the daytime shark scenes were impressive, the Halle Berry - Olivier Martinez connection was quite repulsive...hopefully this film will sink to the bottom of the ocean floor where no one will ever see it - kind of like the finale where night vision goggles are required to see what's happening.
December 3, 2012
They are both crap actors!! shame the shark didn't eat Berry in real life, she is such a bitch
November 13, 2012

That score is for Berry looking so good and the polished look of the film. How are you going to make a PG-13 shark movie?
November 4, 2012
Oh dear. Serious, risible rubbish. You'll laugh incredulously for five minutes before falling asleep.
½ October 28, 2012
listen chum this is clammatous.either my herring's poor or the sound is.i roe the day they made this, eel have to be berryied at sea.
October 23, 2012
I think by now we've all figured out that there's not much chances of watching a better 'shark' film than Jaws. That's a 37 year old film by the way. But in the last decade there's been a few good tries, most notably, Chris Kentis' nerve-wrecking Open Water and The Reef.
Dark Tide suffers from a lengthier running time than actually necessary, a sleep-walking appearance by Martinez and a low-budget (the latter is kind if debatable as it adds to a surprising sense of realism). It has its merits. The underwater shots are brilliant and look and feel real. The characters are decent enough with veteran Ralph Brown being the best of the bunch as the super annoying millionaire Brady and the climax is agreeably tensed. The critics hated it but personally i have watched much much worse.
October 17, 2012
This is possibly the most boring shark movie I have ever seen, and not even Halle Berry being pretty can save it, although some of the shark footage looked nice.
October 15, 2012
This married couple in the story have no chemistry on the screen! I was very surprised to see bad acting from both seasoned actors. Story line had promise but does not deliver. In the opening scenes, shark #1 is called a male but is a female, and she's (Berry) is a biologist? Many of the scenes are so dark you can't make out what is happening, but that is probably due to a tight budget. How much is CGI anyway? This was a total bomb at the box office and it doesn't take very many minutes into the movie to understand why!