Dark Touch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dark Touch Reviews

December 7, 2014
No, not my thing.
January 30, 2014
A film with promise, Dark Touch features some inspired moments of horror and finally features a pay-off, but it is slow going and somewhat repetitious through large portions of the film
½ September 22, 2015
Moronic, heavy-handed parable about child abuse and the cycle of abuse showcasing some truly awful dialogue and painfully bad acting. Carrie it ain't.
February 22, 2015
Dark Touch takes the audience into an uncomfortable place, one with psychologically disturbing ground. It dabbles in the matter of child abuse with stylish yet subtle approach, but the slow pacing and lack of resolve might deter some viewers. The film isn't a harrowing encounter, at least not in usual adrenaline rush inducing way of horror or mystery genre, it's more of a thoughtful process to instill doubt and sympathy. However, this endeavor is probably not one audience would like to take part of.

Neve (Missy Keating) is a little girl who may or may not be abused. There's a stifling air about her, but her fragile self also instinctively draws sympathy. After a while there's a series of incident around her, which may harm her parents and anyone who tries to help her. What great about this premise is the acting of the lead child actor, Missy Keating. Not many young actors could perform as well as she does.

She embodies an interestingly frail persona, but it's still unclear whether she's the origin of misfortune or the victim, or even disturbed in an entirely supernatural way. Keating looks like a genuine troubled child, yet occasionally possessing daunting confidence. With her convincing performance, the movie at least accomplishes half of its goal.

The child abuse aspect needs to be addressed delicately, and the movie has done so with a good restraint. Unfortunately, the pacing is troublesome. There's really little suspense at the buildup, furthermore it only gets momentum after about halfway. At this point there are some random events that haven't been cleared, and ironically despite its more engaging approach the film sometimes resorts into cliché tactics.

Dark Touch is a display to bring emotions, parts of it are open to interpretation, although this might not deliver as strong message as it would like. It still has an unsettling aura with a good lead performance and relatable theme, even though the foray there is exhausting.
½ July 14, 2014
A grim story about abuse and neglect, and a metaphor on how hate and trauma can turn you into a monster
½ February 2, 2015
Can anyone tell me what this movie is actually about? It didn't make sense to me & totally sucked tbh. Kids are dumb.
December 12, 2014
Not sure what to feel about the ending, but there is an interesting message beneath the story.
½ December 5, 2014
One of the best horrors I've seen in a while, go watch!
October 6, 2014
Dark Touch is a good film that really puts in perspective into child abuse. The main girl is really good and you really feel bad for her for what's happening to her. The adults, oh man, that were hard to watch. They weren't badly acted, far form it, but it's because they use this stupid cliché that the parents don't believe her, and the kid tries to do something to make them believe them. Even though they use that, they kind of just stop using that cliché which I'm glad. Not only that, the adults are so rude to the main girl, that I felt no symphony for them. Maybe it was intended that way, but I don't know, it was really unpleasant to sit through. I wasn't scared, but I was interested in it. It's nice to see something go chaotic and when something was found out, I was surprised and they could use that for ideas which they do which is really nice. It even has a good ending which I felt relived after watching it. It's good, but the adults in this really make me mad and felt like they were too mean spirited.
½ October 4, 2014
Pretentious, boring, too much inspired by Carrie, plus making no sense, one of the worst horror movie I've ever seen :-(
July 24, 2014
I'm not sure about this. For the first hour, I was convinced that this was a one trick pony because the storyline was largely repetitive in different situations.

The last act suddenly became very Carrie-esque with a super messed up ending. There was a clinging sense of inevitability and in some ways I was disappointed they chose the cliche horror movie ending. For large portions, it wasn't a horror movie, but a drama/thriller using the clothes or typology of the horror movie--then, suddenly deciding to go full horror movie.

It was competent but for large portions I was not so sure.
July 19, 2014
Boring. You can fastforward through most of the movie and follow the very silly storyline.
April 12, 2014
The movie has its fair share of flaws, including the rather inconclusive ending and a bizzarre pace. Besides that, this is a pretty average if not above average take on the kid-with-psychic-powers premise, as it tells a story of child abuse that can lead to some interesting scenes and it is supposed to leave you thinking about the subject. Sadly, it doesnt have the effect one would expect and while I found a lot to like about this movie, including the main cast, I finished the movie with a feeling of insatisfaction.
½ June 16, 2014
It was OK should have just bought the devil's due
April 15, 2014
"Amplified feeling of depression..."

The only invigoration I got from this film was the amplified feeling of depression & boredom from start to finish.

I give this film a F (Failure)
½ April 9, 2014
I can't understand the 73%, it's not "classy" it's slow; it's not enigmatic, it's just an incoherent collage of scenes from other -and better- movies that are supposed to leave you "thinking"(?) about child abuse...highly disappointing
½ January 19, 2014
The premise was there for this to be a great horror film. And while it doesn`t fail on all accounts, exploring a theme (child abuse) that seldom gets breached in these type of films, I can`t help but feel disappointed at the irresolution at film`s end. I felt manipulated as a viewer, and not in a good way. Unfortunately, this Carrie redux fails to live up to its promise and leaves the viewer utterly unsettled. Who knows, maybe that was the point after all... :/
March 5, 2014
Why is it in these movies when paranormal events happen and grownups see them, the adults never even think they are paranormal, as if a little girl can destroy a kitchen and cellar and, well, garsh, it just happened...outside of that, good acting saves this
March 3, 2014
this movie was really irritating couldn't stand it it wasn't entertaining it was just weird not into it