Dasepo Naughty Girls (Dasepo sonyo) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dasepo Naughty Girls (Dasepo sonyo) Reviews

½ December 5, 2012
This is high school comedy at it's most wacky. "Dasepo Naughty Girls" is as the title suggests, completely nuts. The film throws tone out the window early, and just when you think you've got your grasp on it... it ventures further from the realm of coherency. In the end, what you've watched is a series of loosely-binded set pieces and quirk, but the central character is well established and quite sympathetic, and the film tackles a lot of important social issue (though not always subtly). It's also quite funny.
DragonEyeMorrison
½ February 16, 2008
Such a stupid but funny movie. It's based on a web comic, so you really can't expect refined jokes. Just really really silly set pieces. I laughed, so i guess that's a good sign, or maybe i'm just an idiot.
June 6, 2008
I wasn't bowled over by this film, but at the same time, I left the theater knowing I wanted to see it again. Pity it's not out on Region 1 DVD. The film has little direction. We get a series of vignettes focusing on different groups of characters, which is all well and good, but without strong, well-developed characters, these segments fall a little flat. The only palpable antagonistic force doesn't surface until the film is almost over, which makes the preceding material a bit slow going at times. But it still has a lot of charm with it's insanely bright color palette and very funny musical numbers. If you like kitschy/campy B-grade movie musicals, you will enjoy this one.
½ August 30, 2007
very weird comedy! it seemed a bit over the top at times, but i thought it was ok. interesting characters. kim ok-bin is cute in this one haha
½ December 5, 2012
½ October 3, 2012
What a dumb, pointless movie. Bottom line: The principal turns into a dragon and flies away into the night after all the dudes in the school jerk on him.
½ August 22, 2012
What a plotless and odd, yet captivating comic musical
June 22, 2012
I saw the end - itw was HILARIOUS!
½ March 14, 2012
This has to be one of the silliest and most absurd movies I've seen in a while. And I mean that as a positive. There's literally no story, or character development, to speak of, it's just a bunch of characters and their wacky antics. It's just a bunch of skits, realistically. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. And, again, I mean this as a positive. The cast, while not great, definitely seemed to be having a lot of fun, so that helped. At best this movie would be average as its lack of story and any real interesting characters hurt it. But it's definitely an enjoyable average movie if you're in the right type of mood.
½ November 13, 2011
Bits were funny as hell but pacing just couldn't keep up and the lulls in-between the funny bits really brought down the whole movie.
DragonEyeMorrison
½ February 16, 2008
October 10, 2010
Wacky and wayout but a whole load of fun
½ July 23, 2010
Korean director E. J-Yong takes on the Japanese in weirdness stakes. Set in 'No Use High School', the film is populated by a collection of students and teachers who cover every sexual aberration going. Look out for the cross-dressing boss, a cyclops, his sister who is trans-gender, and the poor girl, her shaky dance and her 'poverty' cuddly toy - oh and some big musical numbers! It's not particularly cohesive, more like a series of sketches, but there's enough bizarreness herein to keep you entertained.
½ July 12, 2010
korejska tinejdžerska komedija. kosooki humor = najgori i najbolji humor istovremeno. radnja nije neš, al glava ho?e eksplodirat na svaku drugu scenu <3
½ March 20, 2010
Forget the plot, character development or dramatic scenes..this movie is just crazy with its ridiculous plot..but still had me laughing
½ December 18, 2009
Very funny and off the wall Korean musical comedy. It took me by surprise just how crazy it was but it made a nice refreshing change from the usual stuff I watch.
November 10, 2009
totally lame. American Pie meets High School Musical
August 24, 2009
imagine if you went into a lunatic asylum and got them to write a script to a film. This is the result although it also has the most beautiful metaphor on film I have seen. From that I am sure you will make up your own mind if this is a film for you.
July 1, 2009
I really don't know what to think of this movie. It's incredibly albeit funny in some places and doesn't seem to have any coherent plot.
May 13, 2009
Brilliant visuals and winning cast marred by abandonment of core plot mid-film and the long-winded sappy ending that appears to be ubiquitous among commercial Korean films.