David Reviews

May 18, 2013
After terrific, crazy & excellent Shaitan & Rush(MTV Series), I was expecting more from Bejoy Nambiar but sadly he disappoints in David which is just impressive in parts & nothing else.

Instead of making 3 intertwined stories with pathetic editing, under developed characters & bleak connection between them; Nambiar could have just focused on Neil Nitin Mukesh's story & convert into one hell of cool retro gangster mafia war. It was only one relevant story of all the three.

Though cinematography & music were great.
½ February 21, 2013
Truck Loads of Background Music & Stylized Direction to the movie makes it more than worth a watch!

This is my first movie of 2013. I had planned to stay away from those big releases like Race 2 after watching the trailers itself.Anyway, David is really high on style and personally, I loved that aspect of the movie. The background music gave a good flow to the movie. Out of those three stories, Neil's story was far more on the action and drama side. It was pretty intriguing too!Even though I watched the Hindi version, I'd heard a lot about Vikram. His acting was really good and his story line was more on the comical side. He acted really well as a drunk fisherman. Though, I feel his story angle was a little weak. May be it could've been written better. Over all, the story was decent but the performances and direction were brilliant.I loved the music too! Damadam mast kalandar was mixed nicely. Background music was awesome.All of them looked pretty apt for their characters and fitted very well in their shoes. A special mention would be Neil's dad(Iqbal Ghani) in the movie. What intensity in his acting! The guitar guy's acting was also decent. Personally, I didn't like the fact that the guitarist David turned into a father(church) in the end. I thought that was a little dumb.The movie might not be perfect and yes, it does have some flaws but the director is high on talent and gets creative stuff on the screen.This is a very different kind of a cinema, far far away from those 'typical' movies. Bejoy Nambiar has experimented really well. The story had a few weak holes but the best part of the movie was it's direction and performances.
February 8, 2013
The connection of the three stories could have been better. Also, the editing portion, specially in the second half should have looked upon. But Nambiar's direction is superb which makes this movie worth a watch.
½ February 1, 2013
I dont know what vikram character is trying to say. Somewhat director tried a new tale. Main thing music has not did part in this movie.
½ February 5, 2013
Brilliant Films like this dont work!!..i seriously dont know why!!..the far stretched 2nd half pulls the film down a bit..Niel Nitin's story has the best plot & role among the 3..Vikram (also producer) has surprisingly the weakest...overall its worth a watch..
February 1, 2013
David a splendid dark cult classic, not for usual movie goers.