91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

88% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Davy Crockett and the River Pirates Reviews

January 22, 2009
A sequel that was just as good as the first and actually had more laughs, fights, and fun.
The old style mass fights are always appealing to me, especially when their played for laughs like they are here.
The acting is great and York makes a great addition as the boastful Mike Fink.
It's a great family friendly Disney classic that is as good as the first and as much as my favorite.

"I can out-run, out-jump, out-sing, out-swim, out-dance, out-shoot, out-eat, out-drink..."
"Out-talk?"
"Out-talk, out-cuss, out-fight anybody in the whole Mississippi and Ohio Rivers put together!"
June 29, 2008
I had no idea this movie existed until recently. King of the Wild Frontier was a childhood favorite of mine, so I was interested to see what this would be like. I think its lesser known for a reason. much more fantasy-driven with less believable acting and storytelling. still a cool movie, but it's not exactly as top-notch as its predecessor.
puttputtajm90
March 8, 2008
OK, maybe not as good as the 1st movie, but definitely more hilarious. Buddy Ebsen and Fess Parker are amazing together.
moviebuff18cab
July 17, 2004
DAVY CROCKETT AND THE RIVER PIRATES (1956)
starlett2005
April 21, 2006
This film is lot of fun. Fess Parker plays Davy, and Buddy Ebsen plays George Russell, his friend and traveling partner. They run afoul of Mike Fink and his crew; Mike is played by wonderful and boastful Jeff York. Geogre mistakenly bets all their winter's fur i nventory that Davy and he can beat Mike to New Orleans. Mike tries all kinds of devious and underhanded way to win, but in the end, Davy manages to beat him. Mike is contrite, and he and Davy become friends. In second part, Mike and Davy take on river pirates (from the title), who've been psong as hostile indians and killing settles coming downstream. Of course, they win. Don't miss this movie; kids will love it. It's fast paced, and filleed with lots of stunts and explosins.