Day Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Day Zero Reviews

½ September 5, 2010
This movie was really, really good, in my opinion. I was enthralled for the entire 2 hrs. I was amazed at how it all ended, also. Nice twist. This movie was well done, and well acted. An absolute gem, in my book.
bbcfloridabound
½ October 6, 2009
This movie didn't impress me much, about the US Government starting the draft after 9-11 and gulf war. 3 Buddies get there draft notice and we travel thru time as the Days count down. We have the rich one, the cool guy, and the loser. Shows things they go through in the 30 day count down. Charlene Biton is a babe. It was pretty dry. Not sure how it got on my to see list. 2 1/2 stars, wouldn't watch it again, and it would have to be a rental.
April 24, 2010
I thought this film was done well. It shows how three long-time friends deal with the Military draft coming back into effect and they did it well. If you like the movies where it covers the human emotion. This is the film for you.
½ June 14, 2008
I understand what the movie is trying to convey but it just seems very rocky in plot...the plot doesn't run smoothly. The acting also seems "phoned in". Definitely is not as good as I thought it would be.
½ March 1, 2008
Great movie. Interesting storyline and twist. Elijah Wood has won my heart in this dramatic indie film again!
½ April 11, 2008
Three friends have been drafted. They now have thirty days to report in. This is there emotional roller coaster.
April 7, 2008
Recreating the draft. Three young friends (quite different) are notified to report. This is not an action movie, but it certainly is one about conflict. How would YOU react if all the 18 - 25 year olds in your life were drafted? Good movie.
½ March 11, 2008
03-09-08 --What would happen if they reinstated the draft? Well, for three different people that just happen to be friends we get to take a peek into how they would react. I thought this movie was boring and uneventfull. It was all about personal conflict and nothing else. Which isn't bad if that is what you were expecting to see. The always popular issue of "we shouldn't be over there" is a heavy overtone in this movie. Elijah Wood still looks like a freakin' Hobbit!
February 11, 2008
The writers tried so hard to represent stereotypical emotions that none of the characters seemed genuine.
December 17, 2013
AMAZING!!!!!! LOVE JON BERNTHAL <3 <3
October 21, 2013
This is a pre-release version of the movie that is well put together. Americans live in a free society until their dorky leaders need them and then it's just as communist as any other country. Script is tight and philosophical so be prepared to think and think again. Sharp mental anguish comes across well as the men take note of what they may face. No women chosen alas. Nibbles: Apple.
April 25, 2012
Dull little "What if.." movie about 3 friends drafted into the war with Iraq
March 15, 2012
I wanted this movie to be so much better. The idea, characters and acting are all good, if not great. It's the story. Perhaps there is a lot more to this movie that hit the cutting room floor. Lot's of holes and a weak build up to what could have been a decent ending. Whoever wrote this didn't create any attachment to these characters, and is held up only by the actors doing the best with a weak story.
March 7, 2012
30 days in the lives of three guys drafted by the military. Elijah Wood looks like a 12 year old school boy sporting a sasquatch mask... and Chris Klein, well, Chris Klein wouldn't even make a good television actor.

It's one of those 90 minute movies that feels like 180.
May 1, 2011
A modern take on a previously difficult subject that takes a few turns for the better. An unexpectedly good film.
½ March 25, 2011
I'm not too big on the military draft.
December 11, 2010
this movie was so far off base, did you see the laptops and google screen, flat screen tv's and the music,the acting and the script were bad enough,lets hope they learned something from this mess, don't repeat it. mike
December 21, 2008
[i][b]Play it Again, Sam[/b][/i] >> It's no Woody Allen masterpiece, but it's a light, comical film that's worth a rental.

[i][b]Zero Day[/b][/i] >> Intriguing, gritty, and realistic film about two teenage boys planning a school shooting by making home videos of their steps and procedures.

[i][b]Ben X[/b][/i] >> Watched at Seattle International Film Festival, this is an amazing film with imagination, humor, and heart and isn't condescending to its characters. May remind some of [i]Donnie Darko[/i] although it is definitely its own story.

[i][b]32A [/b][/i]>> Watched at Seattle International Film Festival, it is a sweet, cute, and funny little film.

[i][b]Day Zero[/b][/i] >> Good premise and characters, this movie is only hindered by not clearly portraying its theme of the story.
½ August 4, 2008
B/c of the current state our country is enduring...this movie had a TON of potential. The draft has been spoken of on many occasions since we invaded Iraq. Think about the implications of such! It's scary and this movie really could have taken that scare factor to a whole new level if it had been directed better and had stronger actors.
½ May 22, 2008
Anti-war movie about three friends facing a draft in 30 days. Hard to figure out what this movue ws trying to say, much less understand the motivations of the central characters. Did I say anti-war movie?