The Dead Girl Reviews

August 30, 2015
Excellent cast. Excellent acting. Excellent writing. Excellent direction. Kudos to all involved. Alton Chaney
July 30, 2015
Refreshing, raw and heart-breaking.
½ June 27, 2015
Five unrelated stories revolving around the discovery of a dead girl in a remote field. These stories feature pathetic people behaving in apathetic ways. "The Stranger" and "The Wife" were revolting. I felt great pity for "The Sister" and "The Dead Girl." The one fairly normal story, "The Mother," was still depressing. All are very well acted. Not a good time movie, but it is worth watching.
March 29, 2015
it's incredibly forlorn and weary given the subject matter it deals with
but this extensive cast of actresses perform with such rawness and emotion
it's depressing to a point but these performances from Toni Collette, Rose Byrne, Marcia Gay Harden, Kerry Washington, and Brittany Murphy are awesome
each one of these people connect to a girl that was murdered by a kidnapper and mutilator of women
when it reaches the end though it just stops before actually showing how everything transpires
a common peeve for me but the rest of the film is very heavy and touchingly acted
March 31, 2015
A gem of a film! Clever plot line. Moody. An ominous ambience. Lots of good music as background. Perfect flash ending of a hopeful face as the very last image! I rate it 9 on 10 scale. Watch it!
Robbanflix
May 17, 2007
A drama movie about a dead girl being found and the movie have small "parts" with different characters with their stories/lifes that connects to that girl kinda. Decent flick but there are better ones out there..
½ August 6, 2014
Really well done with a terrific cast. I really liked this approach, going at the story from so many different points of view. Brittany Murphy and Marcia Gay Harding were particularly riveting.
½ February 10, 2013
An interesting, subtle take on the usual murder investigation movies.
February 8, 2012
Good acting but boring film.
January 2, 2014
this movie was good, but the ending ruined it for me
½ November 2, 2013
A very poignant serial killer film but so sad especially seeing Brittney Murphy in this role
½ September 20, 2013
The murder of a girl is told in 5 different episodes following 4 people connected to her in different ways and finally the girl herself. The quality of the episodes varies quite dramatically, with the later ones being better. An interesting approach, but the scattered nature of it kind of leaves you wondering what the point was.
½ August 9, 2013
2.5/5 Ehhh, slow and I kind of liked it, but it really wasn't that good. All of the stories just did not come together for me.
½ July 24, 2013
A mystery/thriller about one girl's mysterious death, and how the tragic actions of the people who surround her eventually led to her savage murder.

stars Toni Collette, Rose Byrne, Mary Beth Hurt, Marcia Gay Harden, Brittany Murphy , Kerry Washington Piper Laurie, Giovanni Ribisi, James Franco, Mary Steenburgen, Bruce Davison, Nick Searcy, Josh Brolin , Christopher Allen Nelson, Dennis Keifer, Elizabeth Pernoll and Gillian Pernoll.

directed by Karen Moncrieff.
½ July 14, 2013
Didn't have an emotional reaction the whole movie, the beginning was very interesting though.
½ February 12, 2008
Star studded and amazingly acted! I just couldn't turn away from this! I was freaked out, emotionally wrecked, and completely repulsed at different gut wrenching turns in this story. "The Wife" hit me the hardest, and Murphy's turn in front of the camera basically ruined me for the evening. This is just a freakin' great film!
½ September 23, 2007
A very unusual take on the serial killer story, splitting the film into several perspectives: the person who finds the body, the victim's (supposed) sister, the psycho's wife, the victim's mother and finally the victim herself. These story do not intermix much, which makes the film feel somewhat disjointed. There are a couple of touching scenes, others leave you indifferent, because the pieces do not always create an overall image. An interesting attempt, but ultimately failing to grasp the audience's attention over the entire running time.
½ April 24, 2013
nice horror movie with nice story!
February 26, 2013
if you're into extortion movies...