Who loved it? I cant be the only one!

"Never trust a film with WWE associated with it" is my usual response after seeing the logo when I view a trailer. This cast seemed too good to simply pass up on so I gave it a shot. Glad I did. It was smart! It had substance and two actors with great chemistry. Sure Victor didn't say much, he didn't have to. The chemistry between Colin and Noomi was so good you can feel it, and you pulled for them. These were two tortured souls in need for each other. Maybe that's not what the audience wanted, maybe they wanted more action, and kills. But I think its a shame that an action film dares to be something more and it gets panned. Incredibly unique and I'm excited to add it to my collection when its out on bluray.
Wayne Thomas
03-8-2013 01:08 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Cocoa_Puffs

Moe Joe

I liked this movie.

Jul 14 - 10:57 AM

Sebastian Goernhardt

Sebastian Goernhardt

I think the way this movie was marketed was misleading. People were expecting a fast paced, action packed film and then were let down by a plot that to some part relies on gestures and silent but deep moments instead of talking or singing. I think Farrell and Rapace delivered this movie very well. It's just not for everyone.

Jun 30 - 10:41 PM

Patrick Jennings

Patrick Jennings

Had a great time at the matinee. Ferrall and Repace are excellent, as well as Terrance Howard. Yes there is alot going on, but the climax was original and the plot kept me guessing.

Mar 17 - 10:01 PM

Rebe T.

Rebe Tisno

i found it at http://www.boorek.com/watch-dead-man-down-2013/

Mar 16 - 06:13 AM

Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas

I'm confused is it a smart film or a dumb film? Did you have to pay attention? Was the end a big explosion and then the guy gets the girl? I'm confused because dragon claw says that it is more dramatic and moving then Leon but then hen refers to the relationship between Leon and Mathilda as pedo which makes me think he is stupid. So which is it?

Mar 11 - 12:21 PM

Antoine S.

Antoine Smith

It was a pretty simple, straight forward, run of the mill revenge film. You could easily follow the story without giving it your full attention and make predictions about the film as you have done. It's not awful, but it's also not anything special. An unremarkable film with an accurate 5/10 average rating.

Mar 11 - 06:59 PM

Rot Hero

Rot Hero

It was unpredictable and had very interesting and special characters. Greatest chemistry of a pairing I have seen in years... 10/10

Mar 12 - 10:50 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

the only decent wwe movie ive seen is "the rundown". havent seen this yet, but i do love a good mindless action flick. ill check it out at a matinee

Mar 11 - 11:57 AM

Bob Miller

Bob Miller

If you're looking for action, it comes in very small doses throughout most of the movie.

Mar 14 - 09:43 PM

dragon claw

dragon claw

American film critics are simple, what can we say.
All they care about is politics, and if it's politically incorrect for one moment, the film is nuked. Liberals, what can you say...
I'm actually perplexed by this one's reaction, though.
Both characters were tortured souls who wanted the same thing. It was dramatic and moving. More so than Leon: The Professional, and with less pedophilic undertones.
Were critics angry the man figured out killing wouldn't make him feel better before the woman did? Or that he had to save her at the end?
Or were they angry about all the ethnic mob thugs who died?
Could it just be the spectacular, guns-blazing action sequence at the end that twisted their panties?
Who knows. If it's not a line-toeing documentary or a gay romance, its just vanity to them.

Mar 9 - 07:59 PM

Wayne Thomas

Wayne Thomas

I'm actually a liberal but since we agree on this film, no offense taken haha

Mar 11 - 06:20 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

I think you are someone who doesn't actually read film reviews.

Mar 17 - 02:55 AM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

You heard it here first folks, the number one movie among child molesters.

Mar 9 - 07:53 PM

Wayne Thomas

Wayne Thomas

If this immature comment is about my photo, I'm a father, That's my daughter. Disagree with how I rate movies that's fine but at least be mature about your comments.

Mar 11 - 06:38 AM

dragon claw

dragon claw

***** I saw this movie and it's nothing like what the critics are saying. It actually makes me angry that they are misrepresenting this as shoot-em-up.
It's a revenge drama. It's deep, suspenseful, you care about the characters, the acting is great, and the few gunfights there are are amazing.
Once again, a low score is more proof you should see a movie.

Mar 9 - 07:47 PM

James Cassell

James Cassell

Awesome film, might check it out again

Mar 9 - 07:11 PM

Tj Graber

Tj Graber

Just saw it, amazing.

Mar 9 - 05:02 PM

Clayborne Leonard

Clayborne Leonard

How much are THEY paying you?

Mar 9 - 09:28 AM

Rot Hero

Rot Hero

Nothing. He just has good taste. Other countries will enjoy this when it opens there.

Mar 9 - 02:07 PM

Wayne Thomas

Wayne Thomas

Funny. Nothing. I just understand intelligent and unique films. It was deep. Like Bram said, I think most Americans want simple. Other countries will embrace this film as great.

Mar 9 - 04:16 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I want to see it

Mar 8 - 10:26 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

I liked it as well.

Mar 8 - 10:11 PM

Rot Hero

Rot Hero

I know! It was great. People here aren't used to this kind of film, but I really enjoyed it. Hopefully more will give it a chance. This is definitely a fresh film. NO WAY Jack the Giant slayer should be beating it

Mar 8 - 03:29 PM

Wayne Thomas

Wayne Thomas

Absolutely!

Mar 8 - 03:32 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile