Deadly Friend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deadly Friend Reviews

April 3, 2016
Not one of Craven's best horror creations, but it's got some strong scenes, like the one with the ball and the head...remember that ??
November 17, 2015
Small Wonder, on steroids. 1980's fun. Best (maybe only) death-by-basketball scene in movie history. Always a good time seeing the late, great Anne Ramsey on screen (The Goonies, Throw Momma from the Train).
June 5, 2015
Love this film. Sadly most of the original version was cut. I'd love to see a director's cut released.
September 4, 2015
I would've gave this thing a straight zero.... but there's non here...
August 21, 2015
So bad it's good - had forgotten about this gem until I watched Kristy Swanson in another and recalled her award winning performance in this film that gives all robots a bad name.
August 14, 2015
It was not that I bad, I feel. Would be awesome if Wes were able to remake it in the vision he really had for the film.
April 29, 2015
80s cheese boasts one of the greatest death scenes of all time!
April 5, 2015
This has to be one of Wes Craven's worst films. It is laughably bad, yet somehow occasionally interesting. Certainly nothing new being offered, and he has directed better horror films than this one.
February 28, 2015
It would be amusing for being so bad and cheesy, but it just becomes sad when you realize Wes Craven is taking this all seriously.
½ February 9, 2015
Complete garbage even for the 1980s with poor scripting and laughable acting. It's another one only good to make fun about.
½ January 15, 2015
Deadly Friend is like an 80's update of Frankenstein with some gore and typical 80's movie cheese.
½ October 20, 2014
A train wreck of a movie that still ends up being more fun than it should be.
September 26, 2014
how do you play the movie
June 28, 2014
Even though the acting is subpar, and the plot was laughable you have to realize that the Head of Warners at the time meddled with the production from the start after they realized who Wes Craven was. Initially he wanted to disown the film after Warners demanded reshoots, inserts of additional gore against his wishes and the ending wasn't even the screenwriters and director's idea in the first place, it was the head of Warner Brothers at the time. So give Wes some slack.
March 17, 2014
Paul Conway is a scientific wiz kid who moved into a new town with his mother. He created a robot named BeeBee who is his protector and friend. He befriends neighbor Sam who has an abusive father and He also has another very mean lady for a neighbor named Elvira. While trying to play a trick on Elvira she destroys BeeBee. And not to long after that Sams abusive father throws her down the stairs and at the hospital she has a brain hemmorage and is practically brain dead. They pull the plug on her and now Sam is dead. Paul decides to steal her and puts BeeBees microchip on her brain bringing Sam back to life. But things aren't as they seem as Sam gets out of control. As a fan of Wes Cravens work it doesn't surprise me how good this movie is. I liked this movie alot. Sure it's sort of cheesy but it is the sort of movie you gotta expect out of Wes Craven. It's kinda like an eighties version of Frankenstein.and it's neat because he makes it seem like the normal people are the bad ones not the reincarnated Sam. Ann Ramsey ( throw mamma from the train, Goonies ) who you just got to respect as an actress played Elvira. She is great at playing that very mean character as she has done before. Cheesy? Kinda, but still the kind of fun horror movies we have come to know from Wes Craven.
½ May 5, 2014
I LOVED IT JUST AS IT WAS , MY FAVORITE ACTOR MATHEW LABOTEAUX IS AS HANDSOME AND A GREAT ACTOR TO ME!
½ April 19, 2014
Fueled by more chills than thrills,Deadly Friend still lacks the fearful motivation famed director Wes Craven gave A Nightmare On Elm Street while adding a little scifi to the mix.
April 15, 2014
Decent soundtrack and gore looks like a kids film with horror added which is exactly what it is. Wes Craven was asked to re-edit the film and turned it into a horror movie.