25% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Dear America - Letters Home from Vietnam Reviews

shawnmiller2
November 15, 2010
Very good doc...one of the best Vietnam pieces ever...the style was original and it WORKED...

Sad how this whole thing ended up...58,000+ KIA...many of the letter writers did not return home...
August 10, 2007
Absolutely amazing. One of, if not the best documentaries I've ever watched. The music was perfect and the letters were as touching as they were full of depth. The reading of the letters was really well done. I was not expecting this film to blow me away like it did. Highly recommended!
pandabearqt
April 20, 2007
Very sad, but it is a part of our history. It's the best you can do if you don't know anyuone was that there.
April 18, 2007
excellent look at the vietnam war from the solider perspective - great voice work from vietnam movie actors
dray5032
April 7, 2007
I loved it! I wish people all around the world could see this, it was so moving, it shows how hard american soldiers fight, and how difficult it was for them. it even tells the sad truth about how americans turned there back on vietnam soldiers. i really shouldnt even call them americans, they dont deserve it. I hope everyone that sees it understands how hard they fought for our beleifs and continue to support them.
June 10, 2006
A powerful and vivid tour through the cultural era of the Vietnam War years, made by one of America's finest documentarians. This is probably the greatest piece of documentary filmmaking I have ever seen.
April 10, 2014
Powerful and touching. I saw it back in high school but the message is so intense I can remember it even now.
May 22, 2013
Personal, unique history of the Vietnam War.
filmlover1994
November 2, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
July 20, 2011
Saw it in my APUSH class and will never forget it.
January 9, 2013
Based on the novel Platoon Alien Wars this had little to do with THE SIX SURVIVORS OF THE 9 TO 3 ALIEN MOVIES
January 7, 2013
Great documentary. Various letters read by different perspectives was really the best medium for showing the true nature of war.
May 17, 2011
Beautiful compilation of the personal thoughts, hopes and fears of the Vietnam Soldiers, accompanied by photos/film showing both the light-hearted and (all too numerous) gritty moments from the war, not to mention a fantastic soundtrack. Dear America: Letters Home From Vietnam gives us a much needed, unbiased view of the Vietnam War.
Sergio M.
November 5, 2010
While watching this film, one thought constantly asking for the attention, and it's simple, I just want to kill every single fucker, who is/was making his/her profit and building his/her wealth on war.
Devon D.
October 31, 2010
I loved what the way the put all the real footage and letters together and have famous actors narrate the letter that real veitnam soldiers wrote home. To see real what war is really like and to see what those brave man and woman went threw. It was just moving to watch and I give it a A++++
Gordon Franklin Terry Sr
April 20, 2010
In talking to a bunch of Vietnam Vets over the years (neighbors, teachers, relatives, etc.), I found that every "VIETNAM EXPERIENCE" is radically different from one another--there is no BEST movie because it seems like every soldier has such a varied experience . . .

DEAR AMERICA, LETTERS HOME FROM VIETNAM comes to mind as the best "VIETNAM EXPERIENCE MOVIE"