Deathdream

40% Intruders: Season 1
90% Outlander: Season 1

Deathdream Reviews

July 14, 2012
An interesting take on the vampire/zombie genre. Well acted and strong story albeit with a 70s style pacing. This film has a great idea and an excellent cast of characters, but it needs a little updating on the editing and sound to make it as suspenseful as it has the potential to be.
August 10, 2011
Bob Clark (PORKY'S, A CHRISTMAS STORY) and screenwriter Alan Ormsby (MY BODYGUARD, CAT PEOPLE) get extra points for an early and knowing response to the reintegration process of U.S. soldiers returning from Vietnam. At this late date the film has no value as a horror flick, its scares predictable and without any sense of genuine menace, but as an allegory of the physical and psychological distance Vietnam vets often faced it's quite affecting. I don't know how common was the knowledge that many vets had problems with heroin, but Clark/Ormsby knew. Anti-hero Andy Brooks, who in a Monkey's Paw-like resurrection, returns home an affectless zombie-vampire monster, shoots up his victims' blood like an addict getting a fix. I say "anti-hero" because for all his bloodletting Andy is a victim of multiple curses: a domineering father who drove him into the military, a war that kills him, and a mother's selfish love that brings him back. The ending is really quite sad, but I won't give it away.
January 27, 2011
Not a lot happens in this spooky, sometimes creepy tale from the 70s. It moves slowly, but effectively for the most part. Worth watching to see how they handle the genre.