D.E.B.S. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

D.E.B.S. Reviews

July 18, 2011
A crazy Charlies Angels meets Heathers meets any number of strange movies with a beautiful cast. Oh yeah and it has Jordana Brewster in it which that alone was enough for me to watch the whole thing. Actually not that bad considering. Was a cute little movie.
jjnxn
August 17, 2007
As lightweight as cotton candy with about as much meaning but cute in its flyaway fashion.
Clintus M.
½ June 27, 2014
DEBS is a hilarious spoof. Sure, its spoofs Clueless and Charlie's Angels, but throw in Austin Powers-ish James Bonds films too. Oh, and add a dose of comic lesbianism too. I loved everyone in this production, but especially villain Jordana Brewster (of Fast and Furious fame). She far sexier than Goldfinger or Dr. Evil and younger and less villainous than Demi Moore in CA2. Veterans Holland Taylor and Michael Clarke Duncan display unexpected comedic chops in this silly take on the spy genre. Also, while I'm making comparisons, the ending reminds me of Top Gun mixed with Thelma and Louise!

This movie isn't exactly James Bond versus SPECTRE, but those guys never had a bra-snapping scene! So, prepare to be entertained by the smartest sexiest schoolgirls to ever join the espionage game. It's so ridiculous, clichéd, and corny, you have to laugh throughout, but the lesbian relationship angle is handled with surprising maturity. It's a lot of light-hearted fun, and regardless of your sexual orientation, you'll fall in love with Jordana. Maybe it's all part of the designed appeal, but the cheap production quality causes me to deduct a few points.
June 23, 2009
this movie is good for about 3 scenes. and i think we know which scenes
May 24, 2009
A genuinely sweet and fantastically entertaining lesbian romance film. It's also a spy-satire, but that is simply a backdrop for the real story. It also adds interesting dynamics between characters as an unlucky in love super-villain falls in love with a girl from the team meant to track her down. The film manages to be sexy but not too exploitative. Most importantly the romance works, only a few comments draw attention to the same sex loving. It's portrayed in the most endearing of ways with play fighting and awkward flirting. It doesn't hurt that Jordana Brewster is super foxy. It's a shame that a film this sincere, entertaining and original failed to find a big audience.
½ October 8, 2007
This is one of the greatest bad movies I have ever seen. Canada can make explotative silly teen movies with the best of them! This movie is about a secret organization of schoolgirl crimefighter who have both magic and enormous handguns at thier disposal. Oh, and one of them has a big girl-crush on the female supervillain. Yes, it's as great as it sounds. It's also as silly.
½ September 21, 2007
Its like Power puff Girls meets Charlies Angles...too bad the Movie Sucked!! ^_^
Harlequin68
April 20, 2006
[font=Century Gothic]In "D.E.B.S.", there is a secret exam in the SAT test, which gauges a student's ability to spy by how well they cheat, lie and steal. Amy(Sara Foster) got a perfect score and is now on an elite squad of government agents on a stake out of the evil mastermind, Lucy Diamond(Jordana Brewster), while she meets with a Russian assassin, Ninotchka(Jessica Cauffiel).[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]Wait, it's not what you think...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]Actually, it's a blind date which is disastrous even before the firefight. In the confusion, Amy and Lucy run into each other and hold off each other at gunpoint. Instead of killing each other, they talk and come to an understanding. Lucy eludes capture and realizes she has feelings for Amy.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]On the surface, "D.E.B.S.", is just a silly action movie but there is quite a bit more going on than that. The movie is really about being true to oneself and not having to always go along with the status quo. And there is something wonderfully subversive about Amy wanting to go to art school in Barcelona instead of serving her country.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]Despite the impressive presence of Michael Clarke Duncan and Holland Taylor stealing every scene she is in, the movie could have been improved from better performances from the principal actresses.(Well, Jordana Brewster does show flashes of talent...) And it would be nice to see Devon Aoki play a character who is not armed to the teeth.[/font]
November 19, 2008
I liked this movie. It was fun.
iLeo
February 3, 2007
Good music.
½ July 22, 2006
Great, great fun.
½ June 8, 2006
Lacking enough material for a full-lenght movie, D.E.B.S. is short on both plot and laughs.
½ October 7, 2013
I liked this movie. It is one of those cheesy bubble gum teenage movies that incorporates some humor into it.. The relationship that goes on between Lucy Diamond and Amy kind of reminds me of the movie "But I'm a Cheerleader" but with a different story line . The acting is believable and played well, especially with a story line that seems unlikely to occur in real life. I think this movie would appeal the most to teenagers and those who like satire comedies, but is something anyone can enjoy.
February 4, 2013
Awful acting and storytelling, D.E.B.S is always missing pieces and doesn't have any background information to keep the viewer from caring.
May 30, 2012
April 25, 2012
A great movie. The Short on Showtime grabbed my attention and this held it when I finally got around to watching.
½ April 9, 2012
I like what the film is trying to do, but some of the characters are too silly to fully pull it off.
½ February 1, 2012
Okay, so I watched this and was fairly entertained. I knew it wasn't going to be a serious movie but just one of those ones you sit and watch and enjoy. It was worth watching and it made me laugh at the stupidity of it all and some of the jokes weren't all that bad.
½ November 23, 2011
Even though the plot was kind of dumb, the hero & villain romance was really genuine and it definitely made the movie watchable for me. Plus there were a couple funny parts. Wouldn't watch it again, but not a bad movie -- just OK.
½ November 11, 2011
So Nicole apparently doesn't read the back of movies when she picks out movies to rent. But the black chick was awesome.