64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years Reviews

September 16, 2014
It's a nice snapshot of a time, but the whole attitude is one of "look at these pieces of shit" where she is constantly mocking and looking down on them that it gets old. Then again, the people she interviews don't do themselves any favours and for the most part are totally useless fuckwads.
November 9, 2009
It's more about the glam LA scene, which is one of the moist ridiculous parts of a ridiculous movement. Its funny for about 20 in minutes. Then it's just annoying. You want to stab every idiot in it. The lads from Kiss in particular are sad excuses for humans and should be executed.
October 9, 2013
liked the first one better
AJ V

February 15, 2013
A very interesting documentary and capture of the life of metalheads in the late 80s. I was really looking to watch the first part, but I loved seeing all the great bands in this movie. It wasn't as funny as I heard it was, but it was interesting, as I said.
The80sExpert
December 20, 2012
Loved seeing all the famous heavy metal artists talking, but after a while it got boring.
August 5, 2012
I wonder if the Wet Cherry guy ever made it?
June 24, 2012
my dad would luv this movie, lol
razvascr
February 5, 2008
some reviewer sayd this would be better than rock of ages...NOT!
September 4, 2011
Interesting documentary profiling Hard Rock/Heavy Metal artists, including Paul Stanley, Ozzy, Steven Tyler, etc. It doesn't necessarily go anywhere, but I think the main premise was to elicit their collective opinion about the influence of MTV. The most memorable part of the whole film was watching an already inebriated Chris Holmes quaff an entire fifth of vodka while lounging in his pool. Paul Stanley is interviewed in bed whilst lying betwixt several scantily-clad women, and periodically making out with them, glorifying his life as a rock star. Ozzy was interviewed while he cooked breakfast over a hot stove (decades later, on the MTV show, The Osbournes, he couldn't even use a microwave). A must see for fans of this genre of music. Three and one-half stars.
Altonspeed
September 2, 2011
45. The Decline of Western Civilization: The Metal Years
August 28, 2011
Believe it or not, I had never seen this before (mostly due to its unavailability on DVD). It was awesome - definitely somewhat mocking in tone (like THIS IS SPINAL TAP, but real) but it's undeniably funny, even for a diehard metalhead like myself. Worth seeing as a time capsule alone.
JTB
August 29, 2010
This movie was a pretty good documentary on metal and bands.
BantamDraper
June 6, 2010
Another in this series of rock documentaries. Looking at hair metal and its fans
lukelummiss
April 7, 2010
im a huge metal fan and want to buy this movie. Does anybody know where to find a copy?
stev18mayo
July 30, 2008
This film is both unintentionally hilarious and sad (much more of the former).
July 20, 2009
what ever happened to Odin? there the next shit according to this documentary.
Blaxunshine
June 27, 2009
Mostly a look @ some hair bands of the 80s that never made except for Megadeath (I wonder if the lead singer of Odin ever killed himself..maybe he got buried w/ those assless leather pants). The bits from rock stars that made it like Ozzy & Lemmy are hilarious & compensate for some less then stellar musical performances
engrymfilm
March 17, 2009
It's mostly extremely bad 80's glam rock here but what Sheepris points out is something common within the big rock bands at the time (and big bands in general now): fame and fortune. Yes, you will ask yourself if these people are serious and yes they are. It's ridiuclous but at the same time equally as sad. Every single musician on display refused to believe they'd ever burn out or disappear completely which is just another side effect of the big materialistic picture. Boy were they wrong.
mansonreverendo
February 8, 2009
Es tan puritano y trata de ndir tanto al metal que lo engrandece mas, me encanta